IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Yep, I missed that it had a sticker (didn't click the pic) those are very different price stickers than Goodwill of Middle TN, didn't even register as a thrift sticker from out in the iconized photo.

Yes, it would have been better if it were the "half-off color" price sticker. It would have had to have survived four more weeks for that and I yoinked this straight off the lady's distribution cart, ten feet out the stockroom door. Also notable about this Goodwill visit; the first "hot" GW employee I have ever seen was my cashier.

sorry, but pics are needed to validate your so-called claim of a hot GW employee. I've seen many who were probably once hot in the land of "before I used heroin/crack and made myself look like a melting muppet" but I hereby challenge the claim. :-D

• Like 2

Also notable about this Goodwill visit; the first "hot" GW employee I have ever seen was my cashier.

I didn't think it was humanly possible for Goodwill to have attractive employees! It seems like all the ones I go to are manned by middle-aged minority workers that look like they're only working because it will pay for their next fix.

Holy cow you nailed it (Not that middle aged means unattractive), but that's about all they have - or the caucasian girls who just look middle aged but are really in their late 20s or early 30s and are just completely tore up from "various" extra curricular activities.

Yep, I missed that it had a sticker (didn't click the pic) those are very different price stickers than Goodwill of Middle TN, didn't even register as a thrift sticker from out in the iconized photo.

Yes, it would have been better if it were the "half-off color" price sticker. It would have had to have survived four more weeks for that and I yoinked this straight off the lady's distribution cart, ten feet out the stockroom door. Also notable about this Goodwill visit; the first "hot" GW employee I have ever seen was my cashier.

sorry, but pics are needed to validate your so-called claim of a hot GW employee. I've seen many who were probably once hot in the land of "before I used heroin/crack and made myself look like a melting muppet" but I hereby challenge the claim. :-D

I heartily sympathize with your dubiosity (word?) and I thought to document the find immediately, however, I did have concern that the 18-20 year-old may object to my old creeper ass taking her picture. I will look for a good opportunity on the next visit; I assume I will have to get a shot that shows her alluring blue GW apron?

• Like 2

The tapes are for recording audio using reel to reel machines. I wonder if anyone has recorded Starpath files onto reel to reel tapes and then loaded them successfully... :)

I don't think the GBC is post op...the guy at the flea booth had another just like it except it was missing the battery cover. I couldn't find much specific information on it though.

A Casiotone CT-360 for $15! In perfect condition, albiet missing the battery cover. I've been after a similar keyboard, so this is a totally awesome find.

...and I got a sweet new wooden box, I think I might have to keep my AD&D dice in it.

Oops - didn't see that. AHEM:

"To all of you who are offended by the word "TARD" - I meant "YARD SALES"

"To all of you who say Political Correctness Can Suck It (PCCSI) - I absolutely meant "TARD SALES" - every yard sale today was retarded. Overpriced crap, dirty toys, too many clothes, smelly junk.

Edited by jtoubeaux

"To all of you who say Political Correctness Can Suck It (PCCSI) - I absolutely meant "TARD SALES" - every yard sale today was retarded. Overpriced crap, dirty toys, too many clothes, smelly junk.

Here I assumed you meant Goodwill stores. :evil:

• Like 1

Here I assumed you meant Goodwill stores. :evil:

I don't discriminate - you can absoutely throw Goodwill into the 'Tard sale' category!

This is my first time posting in this thread. Today I found a Macintosh SE with dual floppy drives, an external HD drive, keyboard, mouse and manuals for $10 at a garage sale. No boot disks, so I can't start it up yet, but it does power up and show the 'insert disk' screen.

This is my first time posting in this thread. Today I found a Macintosh SE with dual floppy drives, an external HD drive, keyboard, mouse and manuals for $10 at a garage sale. No boot disks, so I can't start it up yet, but it does power up and show the 'insert disk' screen.

awesome, hopefully it works but for $10 you can't go wrong!