IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Yes, nice find indeed! Someone here will either be happy to take it off your hands or send you an Intellivision. :) River Raid is the one rarity I can spot in the box -- have you made a list of what's there?

Also, could the "melting" be a weird chemical reaction? I've seen that on occasion, and it's a known issue with e.g. Turbografx-16 controller cords. Either way, at least the innards ought to be salvageable.

River Raid is the one rarity I can spot in the box -- have you made a list of what's there?

Armor Battle

Atlantis

B-17 Bomber

Baseball

Beauty and the Beast

Bowling

Boxing

Bump 'N Jump

Demon Attack

Donkey Kong

Dragonfire

Golf

Happy Trails

Loco-Motion

Masters of the Universe: The Power of He-Man

NBA Basketball

NFL Football

Night Stalker

Pitfall

Radar Rat Race (commodore 64 game I think)

River Raid

Sea Battle

Snafu

Space Armada

Space Hawk

Space Spartans

Stampede

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

The Dreadnaught Factor

Triple Action

Tron: Deadly Discs

Tron: Maze-A-Tron

Tropical Trouble

White Water

Also, could the "melting" be a weird chemical reaction? I've seen that on occasion, and it's a known issue with e.g. Turbografx-16 controller cords. Either way, at least the innards ought to be salvageable.

I suppose it's possible, maybe something was spilled on them. It looks all melted, but the conrollers themselves don't appear damaged, just the cables. Absolutely salvagable though because I've already tested the boards using other cables and they work.

nice haul at the local gw got genisis model 1 and 2 7 bucks each, gamecube and ps1 with both cords 7 bucks each, xbox was 15 a little much but still not to bad, 2 genisis controllers and 1 gamecube controller 3 bucks each nes light gun and advantage controller 2 bucks each, and 2 genisis games in box no manuals 2 bucks each fair price i guess and then 4 genisis games in bag (sonic 3, sonic 3d blast, world series baseball 95, and bram stokers dracula) 5 bucks for all them!

post-32946-0-61859200-1352833692_thumb.jpg

post-32946-0-21806700-1352833702_thumb.jpg

post-32946-0-94882200-1352833711_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Here is my find over the past weekend:

TG-16 TurboTap. $8

World Class Tennis TG-16. $8

HardBball III Genesis CIB. $2

Brain Games 2600. $2

Atlantis Intell. $1

Tron: Maze-A-Tron Intell. $1

Vectron Intell. $1

Gameshark for the PS. $.69

games1112.JPG

Edited by Shephda
  • Like 1

Sweeet!!!! Hit the craiglist and seen an ad for a guy selling a game lot. He said he was just about to ship them out to an online game buying site which was offering set prices for $100 for everything. I immediately sent an email saying I would give him more. Lucky for me I caught this ad 20 minutes after he posted it. I went there and offered him $200 and he took it.

Sadly the the duck takes, Gauntlet and Megaman 1 and 2 have the upc cut off the box :(

Everything seems to be in sweet condition. The Nes appear to have manuals but no maps, the snes appear to have inserts but no manuals, maps. The gameboys appear to have manuals as well. The mario paint has no mouse, but still sweet haul.

The boxes snes is mint still in plastic and everything, I assume the 64 is as well.

100_3164.jpg

100_3163.jpg

100_3165.jpg

100_3166.jpg

100_3167.jpg

100_3168.jpg

• Like 6

Sweet indeed! Congrats, iceman!

A couple of nice finds today. Goodwill had the Blu-ray/DVD combo pack of A Bug's Life for $3. While not exactly rare, finding any sort of Disney/Pixar discs, let alone Blu-rays, is a definite score.

At the same Goodwill I also found Amplitude a somewhat rare music game from Harmonix, released before they did Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

Edited by FujiSkunk

Woohoo, bonus score! After buying the CD five times over the past 20 years or so, I finally scored a disc of Enya's Shepherd Moons with the original Gaelic version of "Book of Days"! Looking at the packaging, there is zero difference between the discs and the jewel inserts of this CD compared to one of my other CD's with the English version. No wonder it's so hard to find!

Sadly it's a little scratched up, so I probably better hang on to one of the other four, just in case. But the key track plays perfectly, so I'm happy.

Edited by FujiSkunk

Got a Genesis model 2($16),Dreamcast($1),Xbox($3),a Wavebird controller(w genesis),a Nes controller(w genesis),7 Nes games(w Genesis), 9 Genesis games(W Genesis) and a Boxed N64 Football game(w Genesis) for $20.00 at a flea market yesterday :thumbsup:!

Nes games:

Magmax

Kung Fu

Skate Or Die

Stinger

Top Gun

Captain Skyhawk

Zanac

Genesis games:

Sonic The hedgehog

Boogerman

Sonic Spinball

Sonic And Knuckles

Alien 3

Kid Chameleon

NBA Jam and the rest, *Gulp*

Real Sports baseball

NBA Showdown '94

Football '94.

Also i need a Genesis model 2 cord and a Dreamcast Av cord so if any of you have one you don't need to give i would appreciate it.

Edited by xDragonWarrior

That's an expensive Genny 2.

Unless you're saying all those other things were included in the $16 price, and you spent $20 total.

Sadly it's a little scratched up, so I probably better hang on to one of the other four, just in case. But the key track plays perfectly, so I'm happy.

Burn a backup disc?

Edited by Asaki

picked up two laserdisc box sets, fantasia and star wars for $6 each. Those must have cost somebody some change back in the day.

...then I opened up star wars set and realized that this was the first round of adding cgi crap to the movies, and the non-boxed versions that every laserdisc owner already has are way better because of that. At least laserdiscs don't make me sit through unskippable menus and previews.

picked up two laserdisc box sets, fantasia and star wars for $6 each. Those must have cost somebody some change back in the day.

...then I opened up star wars set and realized that this was the first round of adding cgi crap to the movies, and the non-boxed versions that every laserdisc owner already has are way better because of that. At least laserdiscs don't make me sit through unskippable menus and previews.

Is that Fantasia the one with the Litho and everything in a huge box? Those came with Laseractive originally. Makes me wonder if the source you found them at has any Laseractive stuff. :grin:

Is that Fantasia the one with the Litho and everything in a huge box? Those came with Laseractive originally. Makes me wonder if the source you found them at has any Laseractive stuff. :grin:

This Fantasia? I didn't see any laseractive stuff, or even a common laserdisc player, but I suspect somebody in the back room of this shop 'pre-screens' gaming stuff, since they always have tons of game systems but rarely have games for them. Lots of other laserdisc stuff, though, about half of it was karaoke. $4/movie was a bit high for me, so I stuck with the box sets only.

hpim0234a.th.jpg

Edited by Reaperman

Yeah, the $16, 1, and 3 add up to $20 that's what I think he meant. The Genny came with all that crap for $16. Nice hit too. I wonder if any of the games are CIB.

The Genny came with the Genesis and Nes games,as well as the Nes and Wavebird controller.the Dreamcast and Xbox i got also but from a different seller.None of the games were CIB except for the N64 football game..

Edited by xDragonWarrior

If memory serves the Extended Star Wars Set was like $150 or $175 from Ken Cranes? A bit cheaper than the $250 'Definitive Version' (what a laugh) but still quite a lot when you consider what the bluray came with and that these LD sets had very sparse extras by comparison.

That Fantasia was a cut-out bin common at least, paid i think $15 or $20 for that so not that bad. Man people have it better today with movie prices.. we used to pay a fortune.

i finally found a laserdisc player at the local gw!! 10 bucks, and i also found monopoly CIB for the sms for 2 bucks it also had 1 of the old posters in it in mint shape no rips stains or folds!!

You're going to love that Laserdisc player. I bought my first one at the flea market for $10 thinking I would buy a handful of movies. Now I have three players and around 150 discs. It's addicting.

You're going to love that Laserdisc player. I bought my first one at the flea market for $10 thinking I would buy a handful of movies. Now I have three players and around 150 discs. It's addicting.

ya i have gotten like 6 or 7 ld movies but didnt have a player yet was hoping to come across 1 someday and finally have so now im going to look harder for movies, i plugged the player in and it had a disc already in it, must have been a school disc player cause the disc was gallary of the art but its cool to find somthing with a disc already in it!

I love buying things and finding discs already inside them! That's how I got my first 3DO game. I bought the console at the flea market at the flea market and, wo and behold, Gex was inside as well. That art gallery disc sounds pretty cool. I would love to have something like that.

For Laserdiscs I recommend buying the weird Japanese karaoke discs. They're always super cheap and are usually worth a laugh. I've got a bootleg one of a bunch of MIDI-based Beatles songs, complete with typos in the lyrics. One of my favourite Laserdiscs.