IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Traded 4 guitar hero guitars (1 ps2 3 ps3 (no wireless dongles)) and $15 to someone for a model 1 sega genesis. Box is a 9-9.5/10. It was missing the power supply and RF cable. Tried testing it and it did power on, but the screen was still static. tried a new set of cables for it and still no luck. Cleaned the cart slot, nothing. going to do some good diagnostics on it. He told me it wasn't sure if it worked but the condition of the box is insanely good and I couldn't pass. Will get pics and such up on the weekend.

Do they make it through the dishwasher ok? Do you guys hand wash?

Even with hand washing, they have faded somewhat in the past year I have been using them. The images are still clear to see…just not as vibrant.

Picked up the following at Goodwill yesterday. All of this came to $22

Super Mario Galaxy--Wii New and sealed

The Sky Crawlers--Innocent Aces Wii New and Sealed

Mario Golf--Toadstool Tour Gamecube Appears to be mint and complete. Player's Choice version

Sonic 3D Blast--Genesis boxed and complete. It's all cardboard box though, no more nice plastic clamshells I guess

Ristar---Genesis boxed and complete same as above....

• Like 2

5esu2avu.jpg

Doubt this is worth much of anything but its super rare that I find any cartridge games at thrift stores especially CIB. I paid 2 dollars for it. I don't even own a super nintendo but I figured it would look good on the shelves.

At the very least the game is worth $5 as a donor cart and the tray insert is worth a $1 or so on it's own. I would have bought it.

Nice little yard sale find. They didn't have it out but, as I was leaving with a Boris Vallejo art book, they said to come back in a couple of weeks and they'll have more stuff out. So ... I asked if they had any old video games and they went in and brought out some NES and N64 stuff. We agreed on $40 for the box that included an NES (console only), 11 NES games w/ Manuals (including Castlevania, Donkey Kong Classics and Dodgeball) and 12 N64 games (including Super Smash Bros!). :thumbsup:

post-31049-0-10407100-1400261838_thumb.jpg post-31049-0-99861800-1400261847_thumb.jpg

Also found these Star Trek PC games a while back at the Goodwill store for $1 each. Was pleasantly surprised to find their value (especially Star Trek Armada II ... $40 to $60 ... who knew?)

post-31049-0-86900800-1400261988_thumb.jpg post-31049-0-66835900-1400262001_thumb.jpg post-31049-0-59974000-1400262017_thumb.jpg post-31049-0-75492300-1400262026_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nabbed this today at Goodwill for $2. I was on the fence as I don't do much computer stuff but it is D&D then I realized the tape on it holding the box together meant this was never openend and it was a sure buy. I also nabbed a ps one power for $2 as well, those are hard to find.

As far as the AD&D I'll prolly sell it. My guess is it's worth around $50 ish. They sell for $20 opened complete, ebay has one new one that was listed for $75 and didn't sell.

edit: Maybe worth a little less as it doesnt have shrink on it. $40?

100_5345_zps8243fa8c.jpg

100_5348_zpsdceba89e.jpg

Edited by icemanxp300

Nabbed this today at Goodwill for $2. I was on the fence as I don't do much computer stuff but it is D&D then I realized the tape on it holding the box together meant this was never openend and it was a sure buy. I also nabbed a ps one power for $2 as well, those are hard to find.

It's not "computer stuff" ;)

They were trying to get more kids into AD&D (2nd Edition), so they took D&D Basic (which is basically the first three levels of original D&D) and simplified it even more and re-released it a few times in the mid-'90s. It's got some built-in mini-campaigns and a bunch of boards/tiles/cardboard figures/etc. to run it more like miniatures, similar to what they did with the 4th Edition starter kit.

I'd have to look it up to be certain, but the disc is just an audio CD, with music and sound effects...I think it's supposed to be a mix between teaching you how to play and walking you through an adventure.

Not a find, but i got a free c64 breadbox, tapestreamer, diskdrive, 15 floppy's, manual and mysterious cartridge, from a colleague of mine.

post-5654-0-02956600-1400530375_thumb.jpg

Always pays off letting others know what hobby you're into.

Edited by Seob
  • Like 2

Saw this at the TraderBaker's flea market in Martinsville, Indiana over the weekend, but did not purchase. Games were priced too high (Dig Dug @ $8!), but the Tele-Games center was all there, although a bit nasty. Did not have a price tag on it and didn't want to mess with finding out the price, so if anyone wants to go get it, it's there! (Games there were Football (M Network white label), text label combat, Empire Strikes Back, Q*bert, and Dig Dug.)

post-8911-0-20936000-1400531237_thumb.jpg

A decent little find to round out the $50 Wii with two complete controllers I got a couple of weeks ago. In this case, $4 for the Sonic Mega Collection, and $6 for a never been used Wii Remote, complete with the original batteries.

post-8107-0-34380000-1400551916_thumb.jpg

Edited by jferio

Here's a exciting "thrift find" for ya:

I was at GameStop checking out their inventory (it's been dry out there). One guy came in trying to cash in a White Wii U. GameStop quoted him $80. The employee noticed that it was missing its controller AC brick. "That's a $30 Nintendo product. So the best we can do is $50." Of course the guy wasn't interested. They starting ringing me up and I was thinking if I could catch him outside, I'll make him an offer. Just as I was walking out, he was riding out on his motorcycle. I flagged him down. He offered $120, I countered with $100 and we agreed. I got a 3rd party brick for $9.

It also came with a Wii Motion Plus controller.

I've tested it and it's great! Right place, right time.