IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

We have two thrifts that are right next-door to each other (the Goodwill used to be in the other building), and only one road to get into both of them, and right there, two cars had crashed into each other @_@

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: thrifting on Fridays is the worst.

Sweet mother of...that's some nice finds there, man!

What's with the random Wonder Woman?

She jumped in and photo-bombed the picture at the last minute!

ONE set came this week, and oddly it was not the set that needs to get here from NY...which SHOULD have come first. It's from Asia:

5 Famicom Games including GOONIES and MACROSS!! both never got ported to the NES in the USA
This is my OWN picture, not the original eBay pic. I took individual cartridge shots, if you want to see them just click my pic and view my stream, the pics should be the next 5 pictures.

Haven't been doing much in the way of pickups since I'm doing a lot more selling (or gifting to friends) of all my unwanted games but I did get some stuff - all of this was trades. The Taiwan Popeye, Worm War 1, and SNES mouse were from the game store in exchange for a bag of common 2600 games and a few gameboy games. The two C64 carts were in trade for a couple CV loose carts I didn't want anymore

post-2493-0-93908800-1406993948_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Traded some Yu-Gi-Oh! cards for a decent stack of games:

NES:

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse

Metal Gear

Ninja Gaiden

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game

SNES:

Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse

Mortal Kombat II

Mortal Kombat 3

Starfox

N64:

Daikatana

Jet Force Gemini

Nascar '99

Turok 2: Seeds of Evil

Game Boy:

Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters

7F6800D9-2EB0-41A0-8395-90016C9A161D_zps

64DB9B14-7F6E-4C9C-B6D5-FBEFC38DBCED_zps

747A4244-1887-40EF-84BC-29EAAAE87026_zps

Also picked up an official grey controller, and a third-party green controller.

• Like 2

That's how taiwan clones work. Artwork doesn't need to match the game.

Nor does the game description on the back of the box apparently :D

Olivia is confined in the top hole which fills with many terrible creatures. Olivia throws the cabbage to with the mysterious power which can give popeye energy. Popeye must take the cabbage. If popeye have 20 pieces of cabbage, he will have enough energy to attack Brooke who always hurt Olivia. So popeye must rescue Olivia from the terrible hole.

• Like 6

No, but considering every single one I find online is $230+, finding one at my local game store for $150 was a pretty damn good price drop, :)

Only Orangest would fine a Retron 5 at a thrift. Probably will 6 months from now at $10.99......

I don't think I have seen anything classic for two years running at our thrifts or much of anything unless it is an old sports title, bad games based off of movies, or older PS2 platforms that are a dime a dozen. Oh... there will an Olsen twins game or two, broken guitar hero controllers are common too.

• Like 1

Although the thread is called "thrift finds" I wouldn't take it literally, it's finds from pretty much any source, which, considering the state of classic game hunting, is damn near a miracle anywhere anymore.

I was just kidding :P

Anyway spent all day today hunting at yard sales and such. There must have been 200 stops before I called it a day and went back home. http://www.yardsaletrail.com/ started at Port Huron and only got to Lexington. Normally a 30 minutes drive at the most, I took about 8 hours. In the entire time I've found too many overpriced XBox (pre 360), PS2, Wii, and assorted games. The cheap disc games were the icky sport games. And a grand total of 2 Atari 2600 game carts which I passed. (one a Sears Target Plus and another Moon Patrol with very loose label). Bunch of smashed Intellivision game boxes, all dirt common and not worth the $5 seller wanted. No video game buy for me this year but I did have one hell of a steal:

LEGO 8547 Robotic set that normally retailed for around $250 for only $20. Many missing pieces but all the sensors and motors were present along with working computer unit. Those parts alone usually goes for $200 to $250 on the used market.

PS if I had more money and more time, there were also a 250 miles long garage sale run on US-12 from Port Huron all the way almost to Chicago this weekend. Alas my family sucked and choose to have reunion tomorrow :P

Edited by Uzumaki

I had a very unexpected deal yesterday.
Recently I bought a box of 100+ PC games on eBay for $95. I've been thinning through them, grabbing the ones I think I'd like, putting other ones on eBay. I had a small stack of games that weren't worth enough to bother trying to sell on eBay, as well as a couple big box PC games I bought in the past but decided I didn't want anymore. All in all maybe $40 worth of games at eBay prices.

I'm buddies with the guys at a game shop downtown who I met at a local convention I was helping run. I hadn't seen them for a while, so I dropped in with my small box of games with the intention to trade them in for a pittance (I really just wanted to get rid of them to clear up space and didn't care what I got for them) and hang out for a bit. After hanging out for 20 minutes or so one of the employees, Carl, asked me if I was interested in a ColecoVision. When I had first met these guys six months ago he had offered it to me for $100, so I expected the same price and declined, telling him that I really like finding things in the wild. Carl then told me that he just needed to get rid of the thing because it was taking up so much space and no one other than me seemed to want it. He offered it to me for $20. No way in hell I was going to say no to that. In the end I ended up trading the box of games for the ColecoVision.

post-31618-0-81170000-1407687563_thumb.jpg

Pretty excited. I've been looking for one of these for three years. Of course, now I have a console which takes up even more space than the games I had gotten rid of to clear out space!

• Like 5

Does your dad's house count?

I dropped off his computer I setup for him(he's on his 3rd computer now), and noticed an artifact from my childhood. An Epson Elf color TV. It's the size of a ColecoVision controller. P/S, frensel lens, case. Even the rechargable batteries still work! He gave it to me for free.

It has A/V inputs. I should hook it up to a colecovision. The display is smaller than my cell phone's.