IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Speaking of a dollar each... Snagged these today at the local Savers for $1 each. All complete.

After I got home I checked the going prices for these games complete on eBay (just curious, I only dabble in SMS collecting). $204. Couldn't price Zillion cause there isn't a complete one with a BIN price.

Very nice! But $204 sounds high to me unless you're looking at active BINs, which is usually the wrong way to go -- sold listings are where it's at.

I'd put the lot somewhere between $100-150. Most are common games in the $8-10 range, but Galaxy Force is indeed the jewel, at more like $30. Either way, though, $1 a game is beyond a steal, so congrats. :)

I've already been thinking about getting an ED, but I'm not sure if I'd have buyers' remorse if I got the EverDrive-MD instead of paying twice as much for the Mega EverDrive...it also doesn't say if it supports SG-1000 ROMs or not.

Sort of a non-issue, because the Genesis itself doesn't support SG-1000 ROMs -- or more correctly, it doesn't support the graphics mode they use. The games will (probably) boot, but you won't be able to see anything.

Who would even want to play SG-1000 games? The system is like an MSX for gamers who were intimidated by that machine's raw power.

Annnyway. I'm thinking of doing a little dumpster diving for laptops, as I know at least two people who could use some. There's a recycling event going on in the merry old land of Nogales; is that a good place to score old electronics?

Who would even want to play SG-1000 games? The system is like an MSX for gamers who were intimidated by that machine's raw power.

One could say much the same of the ColecoVision, since the hardware is practically identical!

The SG-1000 library is patchy but it occasionally punches above its weight, and games like Ninja Princess and Girl's Garden have their charm. Once in a while it even eats the NES's lunch -- its ports of Elevator Action and Chack'n Pop are superior to the Famicom versions, the latter vastly so (it beats the MSX version too).

• Like 1

Who would even want to play SG-1000 games?

I like some of them, I have an emulator on my DS. I kind of like the SG version of Bank Panic a little better than the SMS (which has weird graphics), and I think I might have liked the SG version of Choplifter (or did I like the Colecovision version better?).

• Like 1

Had a busy day yesterday, picked up a

2600 light sixer, psu, 2 Wico j/s paddles and 40 games $32 - not the deal of the century but much harder to find lately @ reasonable prices

Working Sega 3D glasses and SMS adaptor $8

4 Sega Mk III loose carts @ $1 each

MInt Gamecube and games $20

2 mint Colecovision Opcode boxed homebrews $20 ea.

Complete working Colecovision - $23

Found some Atari games along with Sears II system (one that looks like mini 7800). The controller and most of the games worked fine. Paid only $25. One game however does not work on my TV. One TV keeps reporting no signal. Another (older) TV rolls a lot. No manual V-hold to check it out. It's a shame I got a dud considering I have not seen a blue 2600 cart before or one that has unusual handle on the end.

Found some Atari games along with Sears II system (one that looks like mini 7800). The controller and most of the games worked fine. Paid only $25. One game however does not work on my TV. One TV keeps reporting no signal. Another (older) TV rolls a lot. No manual V-hold to check it out. It's a shame I got a dud considering I have not seen a blue 2600 cart before or one that has unusual handle on the end.

In before midnight :grin:

Coleco Gemini (2 Gemini controllers, AC) -- $7 (Missing Y cable for the paddles)

>>Boxed<< Virtual Boy Mario's Tennis -- $2. Kept staring at this asking myself "Do I really want another Mario's Tennis?" It hit me a few moments later when I saw the For Display Only on the box. Box is crunched on one side.

AFAIK Mario Tennis was never available with regular box since they were pack in game, and VB system was never sold new without tennis game. The display only box is the only proper box for Mario's Tennis and I've seen them fetch good price even just for empty box. Good steal at $2

Had a busy day yesterday, picked up a

2600 light sixer, psu, 2 Wico j/s paddles and 40 games $32 - not the deal of the century but much harder to find lately @ reasonable prices

Working Sega 3D glasses and SMS adaptor $8

4 Sega Mk III loose carts @ $1 each

MInt Gamecube and games $20

2 mint Colecovision Opcode boxed homebrews $20 ea.

Complete working Colecovision - $23

Great score. Especially the home brews and the working cv!

Went to a flea market today got all these for 20 dollars some of them are not marked hopefully there are games I dont have circus Atari, laser blast, chopper command,barnstorming, one unknown Atari 2600 game, I'm assuming is donkey Kong, 2 unknown colecovision games and 1 unknown Intellivision game wish me luck on the other 4??

post-41354-0-01943300-1428252625_thumb.jpg

I found a couple odd cables at Goodwill today. One is a Playstation multi-video to composite + audio cable that is about 8" long. Only eight inches. I suspect it was originally for PS2 with LCD module. All of PSOne LCD were direct connect and I have never seen official LCD module for older PSX.

The second one is giving me trouble. It also has Playstation multi-video connector but it comes to 6 RCA plugs: blue, green, 2 red, white, and yellow. The one red, white, and yellow works for composite but I can't figure out the green, blue, and red plug. It is not component for sure, PSOne and PS2 gave me TV "no signal" error. I thought it may be RGB? The only old school RGB is my Commodore monitor with 9 pin D sub connector so I'd need to hack a rig to plug that in and check with both PSOne and PS2.

Could be component, I know for PS2 (which takes the same cables AFAIK) I had to go into the options and figure out which of the two options was required to get it to work. PSX doesn't even have any option for anything like that, does it support component?

Could be component, I know for PS2 (which takes the same cables AFAIK) I had to go into the options and figure out which of the two options was required to get it to work. PSX doesn't even have any option for anything like that, does it support component?

PSX/PSOne does not, they are pre-Component era and only does RGB at best. I'd have to recheck my PS2 for the setting.

i5mgz4M.jpg

Ok not video game but still classic. Used to be my favorite TV show, I was floored when I saw a stack of new party hats, whole thing for 25 cents. No obvious fading so they were probably stored out of sunlight since someone's party 30 years ago. About 75 in that one.

• Like 2

I used to have some of the action figs - who was the guy with the guitar? That was my favorite.

Bluegrass probably.

Did you know Silverhawks' main villian (and Mako from another old series) made a cameo on a recent series a few years ago? Thundercats reboot:

Edited by 7800fan