IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Just how G-Damn annoying is it getting out there?

I ran into some ColecoVision carts. Cool! Campaign '84, Galaxian, and Tarzan. Those were the winners among 20 commons. How much?

Seller: "18."

What??? "8?"

I repeated it just because I could not believe what I was I hearing. "8?"

"What if I buy a few of them?"

Seller: "15, each"

I left and came back about an hour later.

"Can you do $20 for three?"

Seller: "No."

"You know these are slightly over-priced. How did you come up with that number?"

Seller: "My wife checked eBay and saw they were going for $70, so we're at $18."

"OK, I'm going to tell you right now you're wrong. Are you going to be here tomorrow? Because I think after a day, you might lower your price."

Forget him. I'm not going back. Crazy. Ultimately depressing. Fleazin' is dead. I think it's all garage saling for me from here on out.

Actually, $45 for those three games really isn't too bad a deal if you really wanted them and the condition was good. Not a price to brag about, but not completely insane.

Speak of the devil. Someone on here last week said their Action max was broken and I found one for $10(which is more than what I expected as they probably didn't even know what it was) at a Value Village today. Didn't see any games and it didn't come with the AV cord or headphones but hence my username, I just had to get it! The gun trigger when pressed down fully does not spring back up, but a little cleaning should make it work as new. Don't know if it works as I don't have the av cord but how many times could the original owner play this piece of crap :lol:

post-39964-0-14046200-1436220709_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheObscureGamer

Just how G-Damn annoying is it getting out there?

I ran into some ColecoVision carts. Cool! Campaign '84, Galaxian, and Tarzan. Those were the winners among 20 commons. How much?

What??? "8?"

I repeated it just because I could not believe what I was I hearing. "8?"

"What if I buy a few of them?"

Seller: "15, each"

I left and came back about an hour later.

"Can you do $20 for three?"

Seller: "No."

"You know these are slightly over-priced. How did you come up with that number?"

Seller: "My wife checked eBay and saw they were going for $70, so we're at $18."

"OK, I'm going to tell you right now you're wrong. Are you going to be here tomorrow? Because I think after a day, you might lower your price."

Forget him. I'm not going back. Crazy. Ultimately depressing. Fleazin' is dead. I think it's all garage saling for me from here on out.

I think Galaxian usually sells for somewhere in the $30 - $35 US range so not a bad price at $18

People are going to use eBay as a guide for their prices, unless they're ignorant or just eager to get rid of the stuff. The internet has changed the world, man. People aren't the easy marks they were twenty years ago... they're armed with knowledge now. I don't think you can really blame them for capitalizing on the popularity of games old enough to be considered antiques. We're all doing it too.

(Having said that, I greatly prefer being able to find games for $5 or less...)

Ifound the retro gaming shops in Seoul. While not thrift, it was stil good.

1. Wii classic controller

2. PS2-like(but rectangular) USB gamepad

2. smallish USB fighting stick. Perfect for MAME!

Youngsan has been good to me.

This was so different that I couldn't pass it up for $4 at a Salvation Army. Never seen or heard of it before ... a Saba KW-501 (a Sega Mega Drive clone).

Anybody seen one of these before? Does it have any collector value?

post-31049-0-36199500-1436298396_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This was so different that I couldn't pass it up for $4 at a Salvation Army. Never seen or heard of it before ... a Saba KW-501 (a Sega Mega Drive clone).

Anybody seen one of these before? Does it have any collector value?

attachicon.gifIMG_2620.JPG

Never seen that before, it must have some collector value though because I want it! Looks cool, especially for Sega collectors. Here's more info:

http://segaretro.org/KW-501

Where are you that you found that?

Cleveland Ohio (Akron/Fairlawn to be exact). We don't find a lot of oddities around here so that's why I scooped it up.

Never seen that before, it must have some collector value though because I want it! Looks cool, especially for Sega collectors. Here's more info:

http://segaretro.org/KW-501

Thanks for the link ... I had found that (and ONLY that link) but it didn't tell me where it likely originated from. South America maybe?

Edited by Fushek

Cleveland Ohio (Akron/Fairlawn to be exact). We don't find a lot of oddities around here so that's why I scooped it up.

Thanks for the link ... I had found that (and ONLY that link) but it didn't tell me where it likely originated from. South America maybe?

"The KW-501 is an unlicensed Sega Mega Drive clone manufactured in Taiwan and distributed across various countries during the 1990s"

Doesn't apprear to have been distribued in the USA. Let me know if you want to get rid of it, looks like a cool variant to me. Did it have controllers or power supply? Tested?

Picked up two intellivision consoles. One was a loose original wood-grain model. Second one was a System III in it's box. These had an intellivoice and about 30 cartridges with them, complete in their very good condition boxes! $50 for the lot. I thought it was a deal.

• Like 5

Went to a flea market where someone had a bunch of C64 and IBM games on disk in the box. It was fun going through them, but I don't have a C64 or an old PC, so there was really nothing of use to me. I did, however, decide to buy the sole C64 cart, Attack of the Mutant Camels, and Robots of Dawn for C64. Robots had no disk with it, but the box had all or most of the papers and a bunch of manuals from other C64/Atari 8-bit games.

As for Camels, the cart has no label, but it is HesWare, so I'm hoping it's the right game.

Edited by CRV

Picked up two intellivision consoles. One was a loose original wood-grain model. Second one was a System III in it's box. These had an intellivoice and about 30 cartridges with them, complete in their very good condition boxes! $50 for the lot. I thought it was a deal.

Sounds like a great deal to me. I haven't been able to come across a System III yet. I would have paid 50 probably just for that.

This was listed on Craigslist today for $50. I seen it an hour later. 20 minutes from me. They were out and I would have to set up a time about 3 hrs later. About 30 minutes later I realized I had better offer more to make sure I got it.

I texted saying I would pay $75 for it as I wanted to make sure I got it.

here it is, well worth the $75.

The pictures they posted were horrible but I was able to make out most titles before I purchased.

post-25078-0-35374400-1436747446_thumb.jpg

Edited by icemanxp300
  • Like 3

This was listed on Craigslist today for $50. I seen it an hour later. 20 minutes from me. They were out and I would have to set up a time about 3 hrs later. About 30 minutes later I realized I had better offer more to make sure I got it.

I texted saying I would pay $75 for it as I wanted to make sure I got it.

here it is, well worth the $75.

The pictures they posted were horrible but I was able to make out most titles before I purchased.

attachicon.gif100_9243.JPG

Wow!