IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Not bad stuff there.

I checked out a small flea market today, saw nice stuff, but not nice enough to pop on most or they were insane. Oddly I did find two little cool items. One is a 1995 Tacobell kids Meal toy of Earthworm Jim, you squeeze it and like a cork on a string the head pops off for $2. Seems a new one was worth $10 to someone on ebay, either way, cool desk toy. The winner was a $5 item, a 1960s, a fan race souvenir cloth flag for the Indianapolis 500. 17.5x17.5 on a twice as high wood pole. Don't have a pic but one sold here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-FAN-SOUVENIR-1960s-INDIANAPOLIS-SPEEDWAY-INDY-500-RACING-CHECKER-FLAG-/222502800985

Found a few good items

Dreamcast - Virtua Striker 2, 4 Wheel Thunder, Tony Hawk 2, Rippin Riders, Virtua Athlete 2000, TNN Hardcore Heat - all $2.50 each

PSOne - Asteroids and Blast Chamber - $1 each

A holder full of IBM PC star wars games - X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, Rebel Assault I and II, Tie Fighter - $2

PCI-E MSI N8400GS graphics card 512MB HDMI - $2 (looks unused)

Three holders full of unused 5.25 DS/DD disks - $3

Red Faction and Secret Weapons Over Normandy PS2 - $3

• Like 2

I don't think its as hard as you think to find a BD player with component video output that does 1080. Most of the ones I've come across will do it because I use component for video dostribution throughout my house (had it in place before HDMi was prevelant.

Possibly. A while back, we had a TV with really bad HDMI support, so I was trying to find info on component support and everything looked rather grim.

But we've since upgraded to a much better TV, so I'm not that worried about it anymore.

Man this TV is awesome. It works perfectly. My old TV which I thought was good is now inferior. I was using a 20", that old TV w/casing practically would fit in the screen size of this TV. I had my wife help me carry it down and it wasn't hard w/both of us. The sound is very crisp and the video looks good and I tested using r/f.

I can't believe someone just tossed this thing to the curb. Hey works for me lol. I have to think this TV is worth at least $50-$100 personally. I like how easy it is to switch inputs by just pressing a button. I don't have a remote but at this point I do not see me needing one right now. I feel spoiled now LOL.

scored a Commodore 64C, 1541 drive, Okidata printer and some boxed/loose carts/disks for $100. The boxed games include Telengard (big box - I think it has the poster), TMNT the Arcade Game, Lords of Conquest & more. It is all in a big tub so I will go through it later and post some pics.

• Like 4

IMG_20170615_183017.jpg

Went to a bunch of thrifts, as well as a game shop, funnily enough, that game shop has a logitech wireless xbox controller with no receiver thats been sitting around for quite a bit, happened to find a receiver at another shop. Now if only the game store wasn't asking as much for just that controller. After that I then found the ps2 version of that controller, which seems to be the best third party wireless controller I've seen, aside from maybe the xbox version :P .

If you can't make out whats in the bag, its an eyetoy, and the plastic game cases are snes/genesis/n64 cases.

Hopefully the numpad works with the logitech receiver I already have, I plan to use it as a soundboard.

I found a Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Wireless Speaker a couple hours ago for $30. Was missing the plug so it was a gamble, but found that I had a jack here with a right voltage but higher amperage so tested it. Within 5min had enough juice to work, charging it now. Damn it sounds sweet and I can replace the missing plug for like $15~. Radio used in excellent shape values around $120-150 so that was a solid scoop at goodwill. That's the 2nd Bose I've picked up cheap this year so far, before that was their original Bose Wave Radio which someone lost the remote to so it was a doorstop.

I try and keep older excellent audio equipment around when I can find it. That doorstop I found the missing remote for $10(so I am $35 into it total) and have one of the top5 best portable CD players a Sony D11 plugged into it and it's quite a treat. That D11 I found at a St Vincent Depaul last year for $5 with the audio backet/car charger add-on with it too.

I think my next goal will be to find a really badass quality turntable as I think having a little vinyl around wouldn't be a bad thing.

A while back, I picked up a working Model 2 Sega Cd for $15 (!!!), and while it works great, I only have Model 1 Genesis consoles to hook it up to, as I sold both Model 2's I had kicking around. I was talking to a buddy that I sold one to, and asked him if I could trade him a Model 1 for it. He said that if I modded a Wii he had picked up, he'd just give me ALL of his Genesis stuff, since the Wii would have the ability to play those games. Over the weekend, we met up and we made the exchange. Here's what I got basically for free:

C7ZzZz4.jpg

vwuEQPTl.jpg

ZiHv7xyl.jpg

Nothing spectacular, but other than Sonic, Aladdin, Wrestlemania the Arcade Game, and NBA Jam: TE, I didn't have the others. All the boxed games were complete. There are three controllers, including an early "red button" 3-button and a 6 button. It'll clean up nicely and get hooked up to my Model 2 Sega CD! Now, I need to find an affordable 32X.

Also, while we were hanging out, we hit up a record store. I made one sole purchase:

9KHRSwul.jpg

This was the first Maiden album I ever heard back in the day, and one of my favorites. Most places around here sell these re-issued 180 gram versions for over $30. I scored it for $20.

So, $Free.99 for the Genesis and $20 for the Maiden record... not bad!

I was talking to a buddy that I sold one to, and asked him if I could trade him a Model 1 for it.

Model 1 usually has better video and audio though, and overclocks better!

They made a plastic extension for hooking the model 1 to a model 2 SCD, but I just let mine dangle over an inch or two and don't fuss about it.

Went to goodwill today, total classic, intellivision and 2600 games, 5 bucks each, so 5 for pacman, combat and space invaders, but also 5 for cosmic corridor, I want my mommy and earth dies screaming, and the intellivsion was the same but 3 each, so nfl football, baseball, etc but also 3 for world series baseball, Mr. Basic Meets bits and bytes and for MELODY BLASTER

and I just looked again without realizing it I picked up Columbia Club 2600 clone controllers thinking they were gemini controllers (though would any of you passed on those at a buck a pop?)

Edited by masschamber
  • Like 1

I just went to a bunch of garage sales last night. I found a 32-bit Windows 7 gaming PC for $50. It came with a mouse a keyboard, and a monitor. I was just looking at the PC. The lady who was selling it was nice enough to only charge me $25 for the computer alone. I haven't really touched it yet, but it's a project that I'm currently working on. :thumbsup: ;)

post-49549-0-92373500-1498400724_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atari PAC-MAN Fan

I saw a telstar in pretty rough shape (missing the little knobby pieces) with a beat up but intact box for 15 bucks. I almost bought it just to push on a shelf because I thought it was neat. I have 0 confidence it worked and had no cables but it does look like a piece of history.

Got a Vic 20 in the box at an estate sale for $16USD the other day. Now to find some software for it.

I have a lead on some software. I know the guy who sells this stuff so check the listing below. He traditionally will accept 20% for offer as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-21-Commodore-VIC-20-games-As-Is-Used-/142357246279?hash=item2125273147:g:jucAAOSwblZZGf12

With classic gaming/computing stuff thin on the ground these days, I've been on a bit of a vintage audio kick lately. Was pleased to find this 1970 Sansui amp/tuner (AU-999/TU-999) combo for $14 ($10 each less my 30% geezer discount). Needs a bit of cleaning and some of the lamps on the tuner replaced, but seems to work fine. People ask stupid prices for these on ebay: $250+ for the tuner and $400+ for a working amp.

post-3842-0-78305900-1498681370_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

That's pretty amazing discount or not to get that. Some of that best audio equipment is in that 70s/80s period.

I had a bit of luck, went out of my way to check a store across town for a few things, was happily shocked to see they had from a VERY tiny list of PS1 games i'd care to mess with both Diablo and Warcraft 2. Sadly it wasn't meant to be Diablo had one ball point pen shaped pit and it never left the first load screen. But I stuck around while they tried to buff it out again and no good, so I asked and they let me keep the case and manual! Had a little bit of credit, walked out with WC2 and the D1 case/manual for $9 even. :D

...now to get D1 disc