Happy_Dude

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

9 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

$55 from a shop in town that's usually out of the way for me, glad I went out of my way. :D

IMG_3063.JPG

IMG_3065.JPG

55 for 1 game and a bunch of manuals?

Yes.  The manuals were like $3~/avg a piece.  I was missing them, like to get them when I can but the shipping online kills that.  The NES game given the condition it is all in is worth around $100.

And it's rare, but lightning struck twice...$13 for all these.  Goodwill goofed stuffing that DC and PS1 game in the jewel case (cd, etc) area. :D

IMG_3079.jpg

I didn't post again yesterday but I did pop up across a few cheapo Nintendo based items again. ;)  I never see Atari stuff except whatever just rots at $5/ea at half price books or this one other shop(where Castlevania showed up) as I just think most don't care anymore as it's overly niche.

Today at my Goodwill I found a copy of Densha de GO! for the Japanese PS1 for $2.99. They thought it was a regular music CD and not a game. They also had a copy of Professional Baseball Spirits 6 for the Japanese PS3 for $8.99. 

• Like 1

$40 @Goodwill. Luckily it had its infamous switch box. One of the twin leads was frayed, but it still works great and looks pixel perfect on my classic Zenith :D 

rca_studioII_find.thumb.jpg.b30cbedfce80a6085a2632b60168e561.jpg 

I guessed a number.

rca_s2_guess_number.thumb.jpg.8dd93174feaabc1bd4053aed664e408b.jpg

• Like 6

I got a nice score at GW today. I needed an AV cable for audio out on my test station for my PS3 (connected to a monitor). I figured they would have it and they didnt dissapoint! I also found a power cable that will fit the PS3 slim, a Xbox controller dongle, and a nice condition SNES/PC retrobit Megaman controller. I went to the cashier and to my surprise there was a five dollar credit on my account so I paid $2 for everything.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Punisher5.0 said:

I got a nice score at GW today. I needed an AV cable for audio out on my test station for my PS3 (connected to a monitor). I figured they would have it and they didnt dissapoint! I also found a power cable that will fit the PS3 slim, a Xbox controller dongle, and a nice condition SNES/PC retrobit Megaman controller. I went to the cashier and to my surprise there was a five dollar credit on my account so I paid $2 for everything.

I've been a little curious about that controller (megaman) as I've seen it and the SF2 version of it at second hand around here and it looks nice on the outside but the inside?

9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I've been a little curious about that controller (megaman) as I've seen it and the SF2 version of it at second hand around here and it looks nice on the outside but the inside?

I havent tried it yet while playing a game but just pushing the buttons in the store it felt decent. Definitely not the same as a Nintendo one. Everything felt stiffer.

Ahh gotcha.  Then again, we're used to decades old broken in controllers.  The SNES CE when it came out felt stiffer too, but it's Nintendo spec, just not well loved.  I'd be more concerned about response than stiffness, unless it's stiff to where the button doesn't slide smoothly to the next strike.

I wasn't feeling well(emotionally) today, so I decided to go to a local Goodwill, and I found a sweet Sony Watchman FD-230 for $6. I'll probably add a composite mod if it works.

• Like 2

Found one of these codebreaker type games today, I do like it's appearance although I'm not sure if I'd be any good at the game part. The copyright on it says 1977.

EQ2IzaGXsAADoYZ.jpg

Edited by FireStar
  • Like 1