IGNORED

Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man

NIAD

Hi J-F :)

I can only get this Image:

post-9873-0-68236800-1305932046_thumb.png

And that's the only screen you'll get in this rom ;)

Note, that this screen need some tweaks before being properly displayed on CV

Now I know that 3D is a pain in the @ss to make... for me at least :P

I always make this kind of rom file for every unreleased games, as I'm always curious to see how it would have look on the real hardware :)

I made those kind of rom for Skiing, Tunnels & Trolls, Papa Smurf Treasure Hunt, Destruction Derby, Dracula and so much more

By making those mockup, it first help me gaining graphic experience each time, and sometimes, I choose a title that I'm planning to make.... sometimes... yeah right ;)

Sorry, it's not a late April fool ;)

Edited by retroillucid

Hi again J-F. :)

I understand.

I remember you made ​​the other screenshots, but this one I have not seen before now.

Have you made it from a different picture -or is it fantsy, what is your source. (very curious).

Hi again J-F. :)

I understand.

I remember you made ​​the other screenshots, but this one I have not seen before now.

Have you made it from a different picture -or is it fantsy, what is your source. (very curious).

It think the source is here

http://web.archive.org/web/20000529021108/http://www.makingit.com/bluesky/credits/coleco.html#masters2

;)

1) If I make contact with Mattel and try to get the ball rolling on a royalties deal, as a respected toy company, Mattel is going to ask me questions. More notably, when the Mattel representative takes a look at the Team Pixelboy web site, he/she is going to ask me what kind of licensing deal I got for such games as Pitfall II Arcade, Track & Field, Gulkave, etc. We all know what the answer to that question is, and I can't really lie to Mattel about it. This will put both me and Mattel in an awkward position, and the He-Man licensing discussion will likely fail as a result.

Plus - how likely is Mattel willing to be to even have the discussion? Many companies (anal retentive ones) are unwilling to invest their finite legal resources to even look at a small run project.

Wow, never knew about the He-man game, looks impressive. Sucks we'll never see it.

At least the Intellivision engine for the second one got used for Diner, so it's not a total loss. The screen makes me want a CV version of Diner, though.

Edited by BrianC

1) If I make contact with Mattel and try to get the ball rolling on a royalties deal, as a respected toy company, Mattel is going to ask me questions. More notably, when the Mattel representative takes a look at the Team Pixelboy web site, he/she is going to ask me what kind of licensing deal I got for such games as Pitfall II Arcade, Track & Field, Gulkave, etc. We all know what the answer to that question is, and I can't really lie to Mattel about it. This will put both me and Mattel in an awkward position, and the He-Man licensing discussion will likely fail as a result.

Plus - how likely is Mattel willing to be to even have the discussion? Many companies (anal retentive ones) are unwilling to invest their finite legal resources to even look at a small run project.

But who owns the physical rom, Blue Sky? They seem to prefer only doing software releases on newer systems.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe someone could "accidentally" leak a ROM for it, once it's out there...........

That's what I was thinkin.

Something tells me that even if BSR were to offer something reasonable like $1,000-$2,000(considering who we are and how many of us there are), they would still say no and try to jack up the price knowing that then they're going to get nothing.

It's not like they can only grant licenses a limited number of times. I seriously doubt that by allowing us this, they would water down the global demand for He-Man products.

Ahhh.....Corporate America.......

I'm wondering if it would be possible for Blue Sky Rangers to hack the title screen/character names etc and then release it under a different name? :ponder:

The real question is: Does Blue Sky Rangers would be REALLY willing to release it?

I think no

Like She-Man? :D ;)

it is clear that BSR are the biggest enemies of Intellivision homebrewers...have you ever heard of some documents released by them to help the young programmers of Intv ?

have you seen any NEW or UNRELEASED or UNFINISHED game by BSR during the last...let me think...20 years ?

why they should be interested to a single game for Colecovision ?

when the last BSR will reach the sky then we will see more new games for Intellivision and some generous widow will sell us the unreleased roms :cool: :D

it is clear that BSR are the biggest enemies of Intellivision homebrewers...have you ever heard of some documents released by them to help the young programmers of Intv ?

have you seen any NEW or UNRELEASED or UNFINISHED game by BSR during the last...let me think...20 years ?

when the last BSR will reach the sky then we will see more new games for Intellivision and some generous widow will sell us the unreleased roms :cool: :D

WOW! A left, a right, an upper cut to the jaw! He's down for the count! Maybe I should find some of their addresses and speed things along... just kidding! :D

WOW! A left, a right, an upper cut to the jaw! He's down for the count! Maybe I should find some of their addresses and speed things along... just kidding! :D

as an Intellivision big fan too I never read an enthousiastic comment about them. But Europe so far and I surely lost some ... :cool: :D

It's not like they can only grant licenses a limited number of times. I seriously doubt that by allowing us this, they would water down the global demand for He-Man products.

Ahhh.....Corporate America.......

Nope...

It's not that Mattel is worried about the brand. It's not that they have any concerns about misrepresentation. It only comes down to one thing...

Money (or a lack thereof in this case)

For many years, I worked in NY for a trade magazine who focused specifically on the licensing world. I have had many dealings with Mattel, and understand this business quite well. For a licensing machine like Mattel, $5000 or $10000 for a limited license, falls far beyond "peanuts" status. It is simply not worth their effort.

Additionally, Mattel has been working on a kick start to this brand for a while (with a rumored movie, cartoon series and toy line all on the drawing board). With this, has come a huge push to license the brand, and its' stock has certainly gone way up as of the past few years.

Just this past January, THQ signed an exclusive, multi-year license to produce He-Man video games. Now, this (I am fairly certain) doesn't include classic or retro games, but it would be easily arguable by THQ (who is paying far greater licensing fees and royalties) that a release of this game could in some way backfire and hurt the He-Man video game license, causing a negative impact on sales. This would not bode well for Mattel. It would just be easier to avoid.

IMHO, this limited-release license would have been much easier to attain 5 to 10 years ago, when the brand was all but dead to anyone but vintage toy collectors and nostalgia plagued 30 somethings. Now, with marketing dollars invested by Mattel, and a huge push to re-boot the brand, I would guess that this would be, at very least, a daunting task...if not impossible.

Total bummer. icon_frown.gif

IMHO, this limited-release license would have been much easier to attain 5 to 10 years ago, when the brand was all but dead to anyone but vintage toy collectors and nostalgia plagued 30 somethings. Now, with marketing dollars invested by Mattel, and a huge push to re-boot the brand, I would guess that this would be, at very least, a daunting task...if not impossible.

Total bummer. icon_frown.gif

Looks like a rom leak of biblical proportions will be the only way the masses will ever get to enjoy this game then.

• Like 1

Here's the solution :P ...

Someone put BSR and THQ in contact with one another and work out the details to have a simultaneous He-Man videogame release for the XBox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, all DS variations, PC and ColecoVision! :D Can you imagine the look on kids faces when they see a ColecoVision version available alongside all the current systems in advertisments and commercials... they's be running to their parents begging for a ColecoVision, not knowing it's a 29 year old game system. :roll:

Ah, it's fun to dream large.

Edited by NIAD

Hey I am sure no one has ever talked to THQ, Maybe they wouldn't mind putting the release under their umbrella or they would charge something less than the ridiculous price that mattel would charge.

Its all BS if you ask me!

Even back in 80s, Coleco Employees has distribute some unreleased games on newsgroup

BLue Sky Rangers just don't want to release it! .... Wow! they got it, and now? .... what's the point!?

Its like an homebrewer make a game and don't release it and say: eh! I'm the only one who have this game!

Thanks to coleconut who didn't go in this way when he released Fireman .... Thanks David! We all appreciate!

Does it really matter?

We are fortunate enough to have several people that have the willingness, passion and abilities to program new ColecoVision games, and publishers that make CIBs of these titles.

I would bet that Side Trak when released will be a much better game than Masters of the Universe anyway.

I only matched the He-Man show on rare occasion with my little half brother and thought it was corny, only reason I even care at all about the rom is that I like to get every possible ColecoVision game. I doubt I would play it much, it would likely just be another rom in my collection.

An Incredible Hulk (based on the old show with Bill Bixby) or Six-Million Dollar Man unreleased proto would be much more interesting to me.

Does it really matter?

Yes, imagine that they dumped the rom because they are afraid that the cart won't work someday

Now, we all know sometime hard drive gives headhaches and what if they lost the rom and nobody else have it?

Lost forever!

As making a CV Museum Website, I do really care about those protos, not because they are rare or expensive but rather to discover new old games that was supposed to be released

We are fortunate enough to have several people that have the willingness, passion and abilities to program new ColecoVision games, and publishers that make CIBs of these titles.

Yes, and chances will be that someday the number of hombrew games will surpass the number of original releases games

I would bet that Side Trak when released will be a much better game than Masters of the Universe anyway.

Oh yeah! ,... this one is gonna rock!

Edited by retroillucid

I agree, but doubt it would ever happen. Have BSR ever given something away free?

Not usually, but those intellipacks for the PC (Intellivision emulators packed with 2 or 3 games. One of them has the billiards proto with it) were free. The direct link to the page is gone, though.

I wonder how many undiscovery CV prototypes are still out there. I suppose not many. Most of the unreleased games I would like to see I already know didn't get past the conceptual stage, like Dracula.

I would love if someone can find one of the unreleased Atarisoft games though. They say Missile Command and Ms Pac-Man are out there somewhere. I would love to see those games surface, but truth is, I am not holding my breath...

I would love if someone can find one of the unreleased Atarisoft games though. They say Missile Command and Ms Pac-Man are out there somewhere. I would love to see those games surface, but truth is, I am not holding my breath...

Euh?! Those?

I do have them but since I'm the only son of a B/tch who have them, I'm not planning to get those roms release since Hey! I'm the only a$$hole who have them!!! They should worth ALOT OF CASH!! Let's say something around ... $1 000 000 000 .... yeah sounds good!

No way guys, I'll die with those protos and I'll be the only ba$tard who'll ever play them on CV!! Nah Nah!! I'm the only one who have them, nah nah I am the only one ....

Seriously, obviously I don't have them since everyone would have already enjoy them

But that's how I'm seeing the whole thing though... :roll:

• Like 1

I heard Missile Command was just a title screen demo, not sure if that's true or not. I've never heard of Ms. Pac-Man for the Colecovision, that one is new to me.

Tempest