IGNORED

Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man

NIAD

8 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Not mentionning that we're working with a private CV collector so we can dump 2 new prototypes!

The guy know how much we're involved into preserving unreleased ColecoVision stuff, and that's why he is willing to let us dump his 2 prototypes

That's awesome news, can you give us a hint about the titles?

1 hour ago, retroillucid said:

Name one prototype we didn't made available publicly?

Last year, we've released the rom file for Pink Panther
We even paid to rework Math Quest so it can be played on ColecoVision 

Energy Quiz will get release publicly, just be patient, it's only a matter of time

Point I am trying to make is that people have to recoup the thousands paid for so it will not be anytime soon for free.

I guess I can always word things better.

As in, invest your money into paying off debt and if you want to buy one of these prototypes then do a goFundMe or hook up with a bunch of friends.

Believe me, if I wasn't taking a break for the holidays I wouldn't be commenting and more programing.

My grandson and daughter left yesterday and Monday is back to work.

Then again, my buds want to take me deer hunting to break in my new AR

Edited by Itchy Scratchy

2 minutes ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

As in, invest your money into paying off debt and if you want to buy one of these prototypes then do a goFundMe or hook up with a bunch of friends.

No worries, I don't have any debt or owe any money

When Toby and I are buying a prototype, we don't see this as an investment 
We're doing it because, first we're passionate about Coleco/ColecoVision and second, we want to make sure it get preserved and make the rom available to ALL the ColecoVision fans out there. 
Not just in a collector's closet... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Swami said:

$4.90 standard shipping. You'd think they could spring for registered mail.

Are you asking that we let YOU spring for registered mail? It is likely that we will send it insured, like we did when someone in the UK paid $1100 for a NIS Jack LaLanne (original keyboard component)

2 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

Are you asking that we let YOU spring for registered mail? It is likely that we will send it insured, like we did when someone in the UK paid $1100 for a NIS Jack LaLanne (original keyboard component)

Registered mail with be an option, so it isn't left on the doorstep?

9 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

It will be sent insured, with signature required.

I, like everyone else, am extremely interested despite my sometimes sarcastic posts.

I will not disclose what my max bid may be but I will say that all depends.

Guaranteed to work to some degree and I would like to see a video of game play from title screen all the way to  entering the castle.  I would like to see the fight with Skeletor, movements of the characters and such.

This rom may surpass $2,000 as far as bids and this is a requirement of my participation.

Well, anyway this is cool.  This looks better than the 2600 and Intellivision versions I'm familiar with. I never thought He-Man got his fair shakes on the game platforms, especially considering the pop-culture power he once commanded.

Power to the ColecoVision rom preservation... and  go forward bravely, with the Power Sword no less.

6 hours ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

Guaranteed to work to some degree and I would like to see a video of game play from title screen all the way to  entering the castle.  I would like to see the fight with Skeletor, movements of the characters and such.

In situations such as these, less is more if you are the seller. With that said, don’t hold your breath waiting for further game play video(s) which IS NOT a knock against the seller. However, further game play videos after the sale would be appreciated so everyone:

- gets a chance to enjoy a good view of the game in case it ends up in the hands of a private collector.

- knows ahead of time what a possible physical release will play like and how complete or incomplete it may be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NIAD said:

In situations such as these, less is more if you are the seller. With that said, don’t hold your breath waiting for further game play video(s) which IS NOT a knock against the seller. However, further game play videos after the sale would be appreciated so everyone:

- gets a chance to enjoy a good view of the game in case it ends up in the hands of a private collector.

- knows ahead of time what a possible physical release will play like and how complete or incomplete it may be.

I appreciate that, however I can not in good conscious dish out 2 grand for what may be a dead set of eproms and it would only take 5 minutes of someones time especially when everyone has a cell phone with ultra HD quality these days.

It is also not an absurd request either.

What collector in his right mind would pay top dollar for something you don't get to touch, watch in action or even play in this case until after you buy it.

But to each his own and I respect your opinion.

3 hours ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

And I respect your opinion and do agree with a lot of what you say, but unfortunately the way things will progress is the way they have been laid out by the seller and that is 200% their right.

You strike me as someone that doesn’t play Texas Hold’em let alone Ken Uston Blackjack / Poker. ?

3 hours ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

I appreciate that, however I can not in good conscious dish out 2 grand for what may be a dead set of eproms and it would only take 5 minutes of someones time especially when everyone has a cell phone with ultra HD quality these days.

What collector in his right mind would pay top dollar for something you don't get to touch, watch in action or even play in this case until after you buy it.

If I had the cash, I'd be thinking the same way. I wouldn't be spending anywhere near the same level if the result is a title screen and totally unplayable or barely started game. A full game that plays decently would be worth a lot more to me. Even a simple low quality video showing some of the screens and a bit of gameplay to prove that it's playable and maybe fun would be beneficial for me... ... if I had the cash. ;)

2 hours ago, NIAD said:

And I respect your opinion and do agree with a lot of what you say, but unfortunately the way things will progress is the way they have been laid out by the seller and that is 200% their right.

You strike me as someone that doesn’t play Texas Hold’em let alone Ken Uston Blackjack / Poker. ?

Well no doubt the seller will be satisfied with whatever he makes so I guess I am out.

I was ready to go to 2k for a working game but that has not been proven to my satisfaction.

Edited by Itchy Scratchy

4 hours ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

Well no doubt the seller will be satisfied with whatever he makes so I guess I am out.

I was ready to go to 2k for a working game but that has not been proven to my satisfaction.

I’m guessing 2k won’t get it anyway.  I’ll be watching to see out of curiosity.  

12 hours ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

It is hard to take good quality video and play the game at the same time.

The pictures in the auction were taken last week using the board that is for sale. It takes more than five minutes to get to the Skeletor fight and I am too rusty to get through the fireballs easily. The board is packed already, along with a flash drive with ROM dumps of all three prototypes (including the one at NVM which does not seem to be playable).

I know I don't have a track record with the Colecovision people, but I think the Intellivision guys will vouch for me.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, BSRSteve said:

It is hard to take good quality video and play the game at the same time.

The pictures in the auction were taken last week using the board that is for sale. It takes more than five minutes to get to the Skeletor fight and I am too rusty to get through the fireballs easily. The board is packed already, along with a flash drive with ROM dumps of all three prototypes (including the one at NVM which does not seem to be playable).

I know I don't have a track record with the Colecovision people, but I think the Intellivision guys will vouch for me.

TNX.  I was not aware that there were 3 rom dumps.

There IS a Skeletor level then to where the game will cycle through to continue like the Intellivision?
Also how does the title music compare to the Intell or is it uniquely Colecovision.
Bidding is almost over so I need to know asap.

1 hour ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

TNX.  I was not aware that there were 3 rom dumps.

There IS a Skeletor level then to where the game will cycle through to continue like the Intellivision?
Also how does the title music compare to the Intell or is it uniquely Colecovision.
Bidding is almost over so I need to know asap.

If you win will you be sharing the roms with the community or keeping them for yourself?

10 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

The person questioning you doesn't have a track record either, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

• Like 1