IGNORED

Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man

NIAD

24 minutes ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

You keep "JUST SAYING" and trying to have my work banned.

Here is the deal.  I did not foil anything.

Someone bid, mine was higher.

Whomever I was bidding against obviously did not want it bad enough.  That is how it works, that is life.

I was trying to be nice and resolve the situation but you continuously attack me and trying to screw with my starting business so I reported you to higher up.

Whether anything happens we will see but I am done with you.

I'm just one person with an opinion. No need to freak. Show an honest effort has been made to work things out and you'll see my attitude change.

33 minutes ago, Swami said:

I'm just one person with an opinion. No need to freak. Show an honest effort has been made to work things out and you'll see my attitude change.

Thank you.

I have nothing to work out.

I bought something where as YOU have no right to it.  Simple as that.

And if you are not dealt with by Admin then I am gone and so is the rom.

There is your ultimatum.

We are finished with this conversation.

Edited by Itchy Scratchy

1 hour ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

Thank you.

I have nothing to work out.

There is your ultimatum.

We are finished with this conversation.

I don't think that's going to happen, but, I will, personally, leave you alone from now on.

8 hours ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

No one is denying this.  You're the only one saying that.

8 hours ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

There is your ultimatum.

Ooooo!   I *love* ultimatums!

Let me give you one of my own.  Stop acting like a spoiled brat with a shiny new toy or I'll close this thread.   Stop attacking and blaming people for your childish behavior.  If you want to sell copies of the rom then do it and be done with it.  However since you appear to have no intention to releasing the rom (which is your right to do so) your little threat rings hollow.   Having a one of a kind proto doesn't give you the right to tell the moderators of this site what to do.  We don't play that game here.

My whole take on this: You spent $5,000 on a one of a kind prototype and were hoping to lord it over people and have them fawn over you.  Maybe you were going to sell some copies of the rom (which is a legal nightmare with that property I might add), then again maybe that was all an attention ploy as well.  Either way that didn't happen and now you're lashing out at people who are calling you out for acting like a brat and threatening to take your ball and go home.  

Having been in the 'proto business' for 20+ years I've seen this type of person before.   My advice to everyone is to just ignore this guy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

45 minutes ago, Tempest said:

No one is denying this.  You're the only one saying that.

Ooooo!   I *love* ultimatums!

Let me give you one of my own.  Stop acting like a spoiled brat with a shiny new toy or I'll close this thread.   Stop attacking and blaming people for your childish behavior.  If you want to sell copies of the rom then do it and be done with it.  However since you appear to have no intention to releasing the rom (which is your right to do so) your little threat rings hollow.   Having a one of a kind proto doesn't give you the right to tell the moderators of this site what to do.  We don't play that game here.

My whole take on this: You spent $5,000 on a one of a kind prototype and were hoping to lord it over people and have them fawn over you.  Maybe you were going to sell some copies of the rom (which is a legal nightmare with that property I might add), then again maybe that was all an attention ploy as well.  Either way that didn't happen and now you're lashing out at people who are calling you out for acting like a brat and threatening to take your ball and go home.  

Having been in the 'proto business' for 20+ years I've seen this type of person before.   My advice to everyone is to just ignore this guy. 

Thanks Moderator Tempest.

Goodbye.

Close the thread, close my AA Account

You were warned

Edited by Itchy Scratchy
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, rietveld said:

I was a big fan of the cartoon as a kid and I played this game a lot on my INTV.

Was the Coeco version a port of the game that Mike Sanders and Jossef Wagner wrote or was it coded from the ground up?

BSRSteve said it was pretty much a direct port with improved graphics. 

Is there a copyright date on the opoening splash screen of the Coleco version?  The INTV version was written and released in 1983.  I am wondering if this game was written in parallel with that one or written after the INTV version. 

If it was written or ported after the 1983 INTV release was it ever being conmsidered as a SuperGame for the Adam in 1984?

1 minute ago, rietveld said:

If it was written or ported after the 1983 INTV release was it ever being conmsidered as a SuperGame for the Adam in 1984?

Doubt it.  It was just going to be a straight port for the Colecovision ala Bump n Jump and Burgertime.

The intellivision and atari 2600 versions might have been written in parallel.  The colecovision version was started after the intellivision version was released, according to intellivisionlives.  Mattel wanted all versions to play the same, at the objection of the programmers.  They all had different programmers, each system having a different cpu would mean original code for each version.  I think the gameplay was designed by Mattel marketing.  Incidentally, the intellivision version written by Rick Koenig and Ray Kaestner was the first intellivision cartridge from Mattel with a 60Hz frame rate.

Edited by mr_me

13 hours ago, Tempest said:

Wait, am I to understand that new owner won't make a video of the gameplay because it would "take away from the mystery"?  Is that some kind of joke I'm not understanding or is it serious?  

And yet he was originally asking the seller for a video of the prototype to determine whether he should bid or not.  Ironic, isn't it?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tempest said:

If you're leaving, leave.  You don't get to rant and rave about it.

I thought you might of intervened, I seen his rant just before and was thinking "So you're still here?" No doubt he will do plenty ranting and raving playing victim on several places outside atariage as they always seem to do. 

5 minutes ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

I thought you might of intervened, I seen his rant just before and was thinking "So you're still here?" No doubt he will do plenty ranting and raving playing victim on several places outside atariage as they always seem to do. 

Let him, I really don't care.  He's not going to do it here however.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

He called me out becuase I pointed out his hypicrosy? And then says blame me and Swami when it isn't released?  ???? anyway, hopefully he leaves, since he seems like a parasite similar to juice, and we can all move on to better things relating to Colecovision!!!

• Like 2

Not a pity at all, in my opinion.  He was a very rude individual, and even if he were developing things, his demenour towards people and his calous attitude are off putting and makes it so no one would want to do any business with him.  My opinion only.  But I would rather deal with someone who comes at things genuinely than be deceptive such as how he was with the MOTU proto situation.?‍♂️?‍♂️

• Like 3

I see both sides. It’s easy to castigate someone because they are not using their brain.

It is a pity. I’m sure he’s talented. When people start to do that and play the victim, it is simply a passive aggressive way to try to get their needs met. If he could just stop for a moment and ask himself “what is it that I want?” He could then carry on doing what he likes best (contributing here).

Those who play the victim are stunted by their own psychological hangups. He has trouble getting along with others, so he uses tactics.

Sorry to geek-side-rail, but this problem is so frequent here. We all need to grow up sometimes.

• Like 2

Well, I feel bad things didn't work out better. I did contribute to this somewhat, but the weird ideas, nuclear option responses, changing of what the argument was about after the fact and saying one thing and doing another leaves me feeling "how the hell did we get here." Don't want to prolong the drama, so I'm done.

• Like 1