IGNORED

Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man

NIAD

Fact remains, he himself asked to be removed from here and so Tempest (and Albert) merely followed through on his request.

1) as already stated, there are other cartridges of it out there.

2) the cartridges have all been dumped (for years now) so the data is quite safe.

3) now that 1 of them has been “publicly sold” (through eBay mind you which is about as “open to the public” as a transaction can be) plausible deniability has been established. Meaning, the rom can now show up on the internet, and it’s impossible to determine “the who, what, where, when, and why”.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BDW said:

My favorite part about this ordeal is learning that not only does Itchy sockpuppet, but he argues with his own sockpuppet accounts.

Thanks! I feel less culpability in triggering him knowing that he would have been insta-banned from sock-puppetting fairly soon anyway.

• Like 3

I'm just curious  about that game.

Does people want have the rom because they are interested in the game play.  Or just because it is prototype?

I mean  if we reprogram that game from scratch today with a result that will be very close to the prototype (if not identical) .

Do you think it will "solve" the issue this that not accessible prototype?

6 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

Wait, AnalogKid and Itchy are one and the same? Can anyone please confirm/disprove this?

No, it was Richardthe7th and Itchy. In that thread Richardthe7th makes some critical  snide remarks to Tony and then Itchy comes in to stand up for the developers and call out Richardthe7th(himself) for the bad remarks. He also made a jab at you for "stealing" MSX games.

Edited by Bmack36
  • Haha 1

I seriously doubt he's going to just sit on that prototype, at least not forever.  Unless he's very wealthy, $4,500 is a lot of money to blow on something that sits on your gameshelf. My guess is that he'll try and sell copies of the rom somewhere else but probably not in the short term as his ego has been severely bruised and his reputation damaged.  I also would not be surprised if he creates a new duplicate account here to get around his ban.  He's done it twice already.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, youki said:

I'm just curious  about that game.

Does people want have the rom because they are interested in the game play.  Or just because it is prototype?

I mean  if we reprogram that game from scratch today with a result that will be very close to the prototype (if not identical) .

Do you think it will "solve" the issue this that not accessible prototype?

My answer is that I want to play the game. If it were close to it I would be down with that.

2 hours ago, youki said:

I can assure you,  i'm not Itchy nor Richard7th! :D :D ?

Oh man, did you leave yourself open for some shots to be fired your way with that post especially considering how ?loved? you are around here!!! ?

You might want to consider asking a Mod to delete that post or else this thread will go on forever. ?

Edited by NIAD

I am only on page 15, but I have to say I almost feel like Itchy is a tragic figure.  I get it.  He paid $5,000 for a game that basically only he and like two other people can play.  If he starts handing it out, the value of the thing drops precipitously.  Simple supply and demand.  So to demand he give it away after he spent that kind of money is unfair.

At the same time, to come on here and sort of wave it around and tease people with it (the "would take away the mystery" comment) is unfair to people who DON'T have $5,000 to spend on the game but would like to play it.  In 2017 I paid $1,800 for a CAR (a convertible weekend driver I wanted).  Even after tax, tag transfer, and initial inspection and repairs, I could have essentially purchased it twice for the price of this game.  Yet I would like to play this game.  I can accept I won't have the chance, but it's not overly nice to tease me and others with it.

I think a good halfway would have been throwing up a video of a full play through.  Let people at least enjoy seeing it.  I see he intended to make it a giveaway with a purchase.  That was sort of a nice idea, not sure what was said that made him squelch it. 

I say he's tragic he seems talented and dedicated to the console, which is what gave him the ability (I assume the talent led to the money) and the drive (love for the console) to buy the thing in the first place; but it was both of those qualities and the hubris that can sometimes come with them that seems to have led us to this point.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, mozartpc27 said:

Don't disagree, but it's still a shame.

I would love to see the game play just to compare it to the INTV version.

Did someone say he requested a game play video from the seller ?  Does the seller have a video to share with us?

Edited by rietveld

1 hour ago, rietveld said:

I would love to see the game play just to compare it to the INTV version.

Did someone say he requested a game play video from the seller ?  Does the seller have a video to share with us?

There is one in this thread, but the filmer doesn't use the controller because he has both hands on the camera, so the speeder just sits there until he runs out of lives.

I received a fairly loooooong unsolicited email from "Scratchy" the other day, to which I replied.  I believe he deserves a good portion of blame for being so confusing and cryptic on this thread.  However, there's plenty of blame to go around.  Several users went after his contest on this other thread, which most of us on this one (including myself) probably had no idea existed.  I have no idea what he initially wrote as he edited it, but a few people went after him and moderators did nothing.  Swami at least had the decency to apologize several times.  lawdawg is another matter, and frankly our moderators allowed him to blast this guy away without penalty.  As for the multiple accounts, he did so "to plead his case to Al."  If there are other accounts, he said his employees are on the same network (hence same IP).  Not exactly AA's finest hour.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

As for the multiple accounts, he did so "to plead his case to Al."  If there are other accounts, he said his employees are on the same network (hence same IP).  Not exactly AA's finest hour.

Yeah, please, don't give me that bs about other accounts being his employees.  The other accounts were using the SAME COMPUTER, not just an IP match.  He created a second account last fall to post as another user in the same thread his primary account was posting in (responding to himself!), as someone else noted above.  That alone is a perfectly legitimate reason to ban someone, and that's happened before resulting in bans.  He then created a third account after a moderator banned him from posting further.  And he did send me PMs with his Itchy account (which I only saw after most of this had already transpired, including his initial ban), as well as sent emails using the forum contact page.  For example (click for a larger view):

ArgonautWarrior_2021-01-21.png

I don't have the time or patience for stupid games.  And remember, he's the one who took his ball and ran home, asking to have his account removed.

..Al

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Greg2600 said:

I received a fairly loooooong unsolicited email from "Scratchy" the other day, to which I replied.  I believe he deserves a good portion of blame for being so confusing and cryptic on this thread.  However, there's plenty of blame to go around.  Several users went after his contest on this other thread, which most of us on this one (including myself) probably had no idea existed.  I have no idea what he initially wrote as he edited it, but a few people went after him and moderators did nothing.  Swami at least had the decency to apologize several times.  lawdawg is another matter, and frankly our moderators allowed him to blast this guy away without penalty.  As for the multiple accounts, he did so "to plead his case to Al."  If there are other accounts, he said his employees are on the same network (hence same IP).  Not exactly AA's finest hour.

I didn't blast him.  If calling him out is blasting him then we have far different definitions of what that means.  He has, through his history on these forums, been very calous and condescending to many many people who have contributed far more to this community than he has.  I call it like I see it and I can assure you I was very mild in my responses to him.  I even posted screen shots of him doing everything counter to what he previously stated.  His only response to that was to say he changed his mind.  

So if the admins want to punish me for speaking my mind, so be it.  The forum isnt mine and they have the right.  But please spare me the "lawdawg was allowed to blast him without penalty" junk!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Greg2600 said:

Full on nope to that bizarre post of yours right there. :thumbsdown:

• Like 3