IGNORED

Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man

NIAD

Here are 2 short clips of the colecovision version of masters of the universe. I downloaded these years ago from somewhere. 

https://rumble.com/vdbeez-masters-of-the-universe-the-power-of-he-man-colecovision-clip-001.html

https://rumble.com/vdbegd-masters-of-the-universe-the-power-of-he-man-colecovision-clip-002.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, digress said:

Here are 2 short clips of the colecovision version of masters of the universe. I downloaded these years ago from somewhere. 

https://rumble.com/vdbeez-masters-of-the-universe-the-power-of-he-man-colecovision-clip-001.html

https://rumble.com/vdbegd-masters-of-the-universe-the-power-of-he-man-colecovision-clip-002.html

Do you have the actual video files for these?

40 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

Do you have the actual video files for these?

I think these are the same videos that I posted 10 years ago in post #01 of this thread. I don’t recall the AA member that was at CGE ‘99 and filmed these short clips, but he chimed in with a post early on.

Wasn't one of the short videos shown, basically a video of the game "running", but the person who was recording the screen couldn't actually play the game, because he had to hold the camera?  If only something like a "tripod" existed...or perhaps a 2nd person in existence in the world, wherein 1 person could hold the camera, and a 2nd person could pick up the controller and show some actual game-play!  Eh, maybe next time in 30 years from now.  

a "Tripod"... you are crazy , don't you read or see "the war of worlds" from H.G Wells? ?

Edited by youki

8 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

And maybe 5 people actually care.

This thread among or above others really shows the passion, fondness and dedication of people towards this hobby.

I'm impressed.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 8:56 PM, CPUWIZ said:

And maybe 5 people actually care.

I'm sure it's a few more than that, but how many really?   MotU is an average game at best, even on the Intellivision it's not one of the fondly remembered titles and almost no one talks about the 2600 port.  I think all the interest in the Colecovision version is due to the hype surrounding the auction and the fact that some people want any new rom they can get a hold of. 

5 minutes ago, Swami said:

So strange: MOTU for MSX

That's a straight port of the ZX Spectrum game "Masters of the Universe - The Movie".  The poor MSX was plagued by straight Spectrum ports rather than being tailored to the strengths of the MSX.

At least they avoided the dreaded Spectrum colour clash by making the play area monochrome - lol.

Edited by Ikrananka

And here's another awful MOTU game for the Spectrum.  The YouTube comments with this one crack me up:

The only sound this game has is the typical screeching during loading - after that - total silence.  It does seem to be that many MOTU games left a lot to be desired.......

Edited by Ikrananka

4 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

And here's another awful MOTU game for the Spectrum:

The only sound this game has is the typical screeching during loading - after that - total silence.  It does seem to be that many MOTU games left a lot to be desired.......

The side scrolling makes me kind of sea-sick.

6 hours ago, Tempest said:

I'm sure it's a few more than that, but how many really?   MotU is an average game at best, even on the Intellivision it's not one of the fondly remembered titles and almost no one talks about the 2600 port.  I think all the interest in the Colecovision version is due to the hype surrounding the auction and the fact that some people want any new rom they can get a hold of. 

That's it. This is the holy grail of all rom images. The hype has been overwheming. I'd just like to play the .rom, see if it's actually fun to play, imagine what it would have been like back in '84, etc. Then, life would be complete, and we'd go back to boring normalicy! Proto roms and rarest of the rare have this allure, in spite of the quality of the game, or its playability. That goes in spades for the He-Man rom, even though I never like He-Man as a kid or even now.

39 minutes ago, zyzzle said:

That's it. This is the holy grail of all rom images. The hype has been overwheming. I'd just like to play the .rom, see if it's actually fun to play, imagine what it would have been like back in '84, etc. Then, life would be complete, and we'd go back to boring normalicy! Proto roms and rarest of the rare have this allure, in spite of the quality of the game, or its playability. That goes in spades for the He-Man rom, even though I never like He-Man as a kid or even now.

the short video clips available shows it being the same, or at least similar, to the Intellivision game albeit with better graphics

I had the INTV game as a kid in '84 and after playing a few times it gets monotonous.  I don't think I've played it much since.