IGNORED

Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man

NIAD

Well, maybe Collectorvision can still make a MOTU game from scratch or something.  It can be an experience secret game or a run they can offer CIB.........here is to wishful thinking since I guess whoever won that thing will likely keep it for whatever reason they think they need it for!  Kinda bummed was looking forward to a CIB of this one!

11 hours ago, Shawn said:

Glad you picked what you wanted to read from my post and chose to comment on just your personal favorite parts to fit your personal narrative curated in your response. Of course you couldn't take the entire post into account as a whole for proper context where I clearly said that I fully support the release of such games. 

There was no need to add further to extended “quotes” of your post that only add to an already lengthy thread when I agree with the rest of what you said. The text of your post that I quoted was a complete paragraph that suggests an end of thought and that is what I responded too. My omission of a favorable response to the rest of your post is on me, I own that bit of laziness.

22 hours ago, Shawn said:

Nobody is legally allowed to give out copies out of a game you do not own the rights to, even free of charge. That is not a loophole or being clever, it's being purposely ignorant and stupid. While I love the idea of everyone who wants to play a game being able to do so, there is no grey area about such piracy so it's silly to pretend otherwise.

22 hours ago, Shawn said:

Please don't think for one second I don't want everyone and anyone interested to be able to get a copy of this game to play cause I'm an avid supporter of getting these kinda games to the people to play them.

As you state, there is no grey area in this matter so one can’t “have your cake and eat it too”. Available options to a person in situations like these boil down to two choices, either you follow the rule of law or you don’t, not some convergence of both.

2 hours ago, lawdawg710 said:

Well, maybe Collectorvision can still make a MOTU game from scratch or something.  It can be an experience secret game or a run they can offer CIB.........here is to wishful thinking since I guess whoever won that thing will likely keep it for whatever reason they think they need it for!  Kinda bummed was looking forward to a CIB of this one!

That won’t happen seeing as they have already been down that road with their attempt to release Smurf for the Intellivision. That whole situation ended up being a god-send as the Smurf game morphed into Sydney Hunter and look at how popular that character and the games based on him have become for CollectorVision across numerous platforms.

Better, but not easier, to create something new that can be inspired by something old.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, NIAD said:

As you state, there is no grey area in this matter so one can’t “have your cake and eat it too”. Available options to a person in situations like these boil down to two choices, either you follow the rule of law or you don’t, not some convergence of both.

I agree. Myself I know that when I get a copy of any of those games it's not exactly on the up and up but don't care.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, doubledown said:

I don't know if I want a controller that I have to manipulate with my mouth!

Wait till you're more than 80 years old and your hands can't do the job anymore ?

I think we can give the controller a new name. What about The Jerk (in Holland it has three meanings and one of them is the top of your friend)?

Edited by Dutch Colecovision Fan
translation

10 hours ago, NIAD said:

I vote for cartoon version of He-Man seeing as he did not need those bitch ass shoulder and bicep armor that movie version wore. Only thing I ask is that you give cartoon version a better, more manly hair style!

You have something against the Kate Jackson bob cut?

image.jpeg.84dbe50c5576399e572e5e09031c19bc.jpeg

or maybe

20 Stunning Bob Haircuts With Bangs

Okay, I'm likely to be killed in my sleep by He-Man fans.

• Haha 1

Does anybody who has ever owned this ColeoVision prototype, or anybody who has seen it in videos or in person...know what the controls were.  Did the game have a Player/Skill selection screen like most ColecoVision games have, if so what were the available options (the INTV version was a 1 player game, with 4 skill levels)?  The Intellivision manual shows one button for "Fire Canon / Raise Shield"  (Fire Canon during Wind Raider flying Phase 1, & Raise Shield for He-Man running Phase 2), and the 2nd button for "Bomb Release / Raise Shield" (Bomb Release during Wind Raider flying Phase 1, & Raise Shield for He-Man running Phase 2).  Is this the same concept for the ColecoVision version, and if so which Hand Controller button (Left/Right), is which function?

On the Facebook page of the National Videogame Museum you can read that the Blue Sky Rangers have donated the game to them (probably early 2020). But the Blue Sky Rangers have recently sold this game on Ebay as we all know. Does this mean that the Blue Sky Rangers got it back from the Museum or did they have 2 copies?

20 minutes ago, Dutch Colecovision Fan said:

On the Facebook page of the National Videogame Museum you can read that the Blue Sky Rangers have donated the game to them (probably early 2020). But the Blue Sky Rangers have recently sold this game on Ebay as we all know. Does this mean that the Blue Sky Rangers got it back from the Museum or did they have 2 copies?

Three copies, all slightly different.  I actually think that the cartridge that NVM has may not work, based on the ROM image of that that I have. They do have all three ROM images as well. They took the prototype that was in a case with a label, which I assume was the one Keith showed at CGE.

• Thanks 1

@BSRSteve, can you answer my questions about the controls for this game:

Does anybody who has ever owned this ColeoVision prototype, or anybody who has seen it in videos or in person...know what the controls were.  Did the game have a Player/Skill selection screen like most ColecoVision games have, if so what were the available options (the INTV version was a 1 player game, with 4 skill levels)?  The Intellivision manual shows one button for "Fire Canon / Raise Shield"  (Fire Canon during Wind Raider flying Phase 1, & Raise Shield for He-Man running Phase 2), and the 2nd button for "Bomb Release / Raise Shield" (Bomb Release during Wind Raider flying Phase 1, & Raise Shield for He-Man running Phase 2).  Is this the same concept for the ColecoVision version, and if so which Hand Controller button (Left/Right), is which function?

51 minutes ago, doubledown said:

@BSRSteve, can you answer my questions about the controls for this game:

I believe that the left button drops the bomb and the right button fires the cannon.  I don't recall a options screen.