IGNORED

Altirra 1.9 released

phaeron

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not a huge problem so long as VBXE in fact gets reset properly.

Stock machines return different values from "empty" locations, ie some 00, some FF, some row address.

Proper VBXE programming means you always setup your bank registers from scratch anyway.

Cheeky question, and don't hate me for asking: is there even a remote possibility of implementing slave support for the hard disk emulation in Altirra (i.e. having a path to an optional second HDD image file)? I spent quite a while coding up dual-HDD support for the MyIDE driver, and since my MyIDE hardware has finally given up, I'm no longer able to test this facility.

• 3 weeks later...

Idea:

Some old cartridges needs push off button to continue work.. Altirra this doesnt support, then i cant use this cartridge.. Maybe will be good make boot with some key - hold cart button - if key push off, cart may continue..

translate (VYPNI VYPINAC - push off cart button)

when youtube alive, i add video how this carts works on real machine..

ram1.zip

Not really Blizzard. Blizzard/Phoenix cartridges are disabled by writing to page $D5; this one is disabled by releasing a switch, so the only unique feature of the Blizzard mapping doesn't appear here.

Such cartridges were popular in CSRS and Poland for use with various utility programs. There were several variations produced. One was using a two-position switch instead of a pushbutton like in this case; the other was using a capacitor instead of a button; the capacitor would dicable the cart after a few (5? 10?) seconds since power on. To enable it back, one would have to switch the computer off and back on, or reinsert the cart.

See the cartridges with the "Auto switchoff" mapping in the ROM list for more examples.

w1k, what is the "official" name of your ROM? I'd like to add it to the list.

that cart i modified DOS 2.5 for turbo 2000/4000 and extented memory, better support ramdisk, etc.

first version was on tape, later like cartridge on eprom

run cart, then I, and DOS

Edited by w1k