IGNORED

Altirra 1.9 released

phaeron

I don't see the point.

The keyboard is always present, so to get the game you'd need Shift-F5 and F3 at the same time.

It'd be just as easy to use the pulldown and lauch the ROM.

I'd prefer the addition of more RAM configs, like Rambo/Compy 320K, and maybe smaller sizes like 24 and 32K.

Disk logging is now off by default in 2.00-test builds but is configurable:

Altirra> lfl
DISK        off  Disk activity
DISKIMAGE   off  Disk image load details
DS1305      off  DS1305 real time clock accesses
HOOKSIO     off  OS SIO hook messages
IDE         off  IDE activity
IDEERROR    off  IDE interface errors
MODEM       off  Modem activity
PCLINK      off  PCLink activity
V3021       off  V3021 real time clock accesses
Altirra> lfe disk
Enabled logging channel: DISK
DISK: Reading vsec=  1 (1/1) (trk=0), psec=  0, chk=b7, rot=0.02 >> 0.83.
DISK: Reading vsec=  2 (1/1) (trk=0), psec=  1, chk=3b, rot=1.28 >> 0.67.

I might throw in XEGS support for the heck of it... it'd be a nice break from debugging HSCROL timing. :P

And it is possible though somewhere to look as the machine is loaded and run real XEGS?

Can be somewhere eat video with loading real XEGS, it would be interesting to me to look at differences from other systems.

Avery, can will add support bios xegs, all the same altirra it is positioned as the high-precision emulator atari.

Sergey, but what does the XEGS do that makes it different to existing hardware apart from have Missile command built in.

Altirra already runs its carts, apart from some hardware changes that Avery has mentioned isn't it just a version of one of the already emulated machines in Altirra?

author decides to let himself. :)

but this option would be more accurate (closer to the real atari).

You know me Sergey, I'm always looking at requests from both sides, to me the XEGS just seemed like an XL / XE with Missile command built in, as we can already play that game and run an XE / XL it just sounded like a clump of extra work for a very little difference.

But as always its down to Avery to do as he pleases, we merely supply the bugs and suggestions :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just noticed another pause feature (apart from the autopause and the F8 key), i think i pressed the f11 key and it stopped (pressing the f11 key again resumes emulation, i think this is part of the debugger's breakpoint feature)

Have the riots left you bored Carmel?

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible in the input mappings to assign "turbo mode" to a button on my game controller? It's something that was useful to me previously with A800Win+ skipping through things when testing.

Yes, you can. In Input > Input Mappings, create or edit an input mapping with a "Console" controller and map its Turbo trigger to a button. Use Normal as the mode if you only want turbo when the button is held down and Toggle if you want it to stick.

Yes, you can. In Input > Input Mappings, create or edit an input mapping with a "Console" controller and map its Turbo trigger to a button. Use Normal as the mode if you only want turbo when the button is held down and Toggle if you want it to stick.
Great, thanks! I've set that now. Is it possible to assign pause also?

Great, thanks! I've set that now. Is it possible to assign pause also?

Not currently -- the controllers aren't polled unless the simulation is running.

A feature I would like to see is an ability to save the palette settings you make, as a file and be able to reload them when wanted.

Altirra 2.00-test31 can export color pallettes now. But, saved palettes can't be reloaded yet. I hope that's coming soon.

Can I just say I finally set up the automatic listing/label loading with MADS and the Altira debugger is just incredible. I couldn't have got these right-threaded binary trees debugged without it! :)
I must check that out tonight, that would be very helpful.

Can I just say I finally set up the automatic listing/label loading with MADS and the Altira debugger is just incredible. I couldn't have got these right-threaded binary trees debugged without it! :)
I must check that out tonight, that would be very helpful.

I had to fiddle on with the compiler options some in WUDSN to get the listing and label files to go into the H: folder I like to use as a target location:

post-21964-0-30801400-1314469160_thumb.png

It's a very powerful setup, and integration between MADS, WUDSN and Altirra is excellent.

I had to fiddle on with the compiler options some in WUDSN to get the listing and label files to go into the H: folder I like to use as a target location:

It's a very powerful setup, and integration between MADS, WUDSN and Altirra is excellent.

That looks really handy!

Thanks for showing those settings. Now just to get to home dev machine and try it out :)

I have some gtia code that begs for better debugging with Altirra ...

Is this the famous GUI that you've been going on about (that's probably had more posts then the AvC thread)

Yes - the very same. It's one of the most viewed topics on the forum, but by no means are all the posts mine. :)

Thanks for showing those settings. Now just to get to home dev machine and try it out :)

I have some gtia code that begs for better debugging with Altirra ...

Most of my frustration getting this to work was down to forgetting to put a backslash between ${outputFolderPath} and ${outputFileNameWithoutExtension} in the WUDSN compiler options. It was difficult to break free of my usual "routine" using the monitor in Atari800Win, but now that I've succumbed to Altirra's way of doing things, I couldn't go back. The only thing I think I miss is a "Find string" facility in Altirra's disassembly (or perhaps more sensibly in the "Go to source code" window).

Edited by flashjazzcat