IGNORED

Found brand new Q-Bert Cubes

quadrider1

This is my first post and just wanted to get some info on what this is worth. I bought a couple if boxes if books at an estate sale and found this brand new, fully sealed Q-Bert qubes game. I'm to young to have ever played atari so I just want to sell it lol any thoughts

This is my first post and just wanted to get some info on what this is worth. I bought a couple if boxes if books at an estate sale and found this brand new, fully sealed Q-Bert qubes game. I'm to young to have ever played atari so I just want to sell it lol any thoughts

Welcome to the boards and grats on the find!

If you want the best advice on the price of this game -- and some offers to buy it from you, I'm sure ;) -- you'll really need to post a few pics of it.

As the old saying goes, "pics or it didn't happen" :P

• Like 4

Welcome to the boards and grats on the find!

If you want the best advice on the price of this game -- and some offers to buy it from you, I'm sure ;) -- you'll really need to post a few pics of it.

As the old saying goes, "pics or it didn't happen" :P

Will do when i get time to take a pic. Thanks

I'm assuming that it is for the Atari 2600 and not some other system (like Colecovision). CIB versions have ranged in the last year from $225-375 (depending on condition, bidder interest, etc.), so take an average of that and add in the X-factor for whatever the shrinkwrapped appeal holds for that cachet of collector.

Sealed will make it worth more, but also limits the interest due to the higher price. Good luck, you will get a hell of a lot more than you paid for it so why not give a collector a nice fair price right? :)

:ponder:

Probably not.

Waiting

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

The dead giveaway that this is a joke posting is that he mentions being too young to have played Atari, but actively purchases boxes of books from estate sales?!? Yep, those are two activities young people take part in today :ponder: :lol: :rolling:

2nd dead giveaway is that he suspects the item might be valuable, but chose to go through the trouble registering and posting an inquiry here instead of looking at past ePay sales or online price guides.

• Like 1

And also it would be common for a noob to think that Q*bert was the same as Q*bert's Qubes.

ian

A noob would have never known of Q*bert's Qubes before investigating his find and after he did, I highly suspect he wouldn't accidentally confuse one with the other ;)

• Like 1

Is it possible for any new person to post here without people accusing them of stuff? I'm surprised that AtariAge is even growing with the open hostility new people get from members when they post. Shouldn't we be fostering a friendly atmosphere here instead of chasing people off? My god people, you were new here once yourself. Until someone has been proven to be dishonest, keep your yaps shut.

I say welcome to AtariAge quadrider1, just ignore the snark and enjoy the community, for the most part it is a great place with some great people.

• Like 17

Is it possible for any new person to post here without people accusing them of stuff? I'm surprised that AtariAge is even growing with the open hostility new people get from members when they post. Shouldn't we be fostering a friendly atmosphere here instead of chasing people off? My god people, you were new here once yourself. Until someone has been proven to be dishonest, keep your yaps shut.

Well-said. +1 for that. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

C'mon - lighten up people!

The OP hasn't bothered to post pics, so of course there's going to be suspicion. Maybe he's too busy reading all those books he bought at the estate sale. :lol:

All I know is if I came on some board, where people started posting ridiculous prices on something I got for nothing, I'd be back here trying to peddle that puppy post haste! Maybe he doesn't have a digital camera. Or a cell phone with a camera. Or lost his internet connection because somebody forgot to send or didn't have the payment. There's just sooooo many variables these days, hard to know what's ever really going on or what the "truth" is! lol

• Like 1

I say welcome to AtariAge quadrider1, just ignore the snark and enjoy the community, for the most part it is a great place with some great people.

On the same bandwagon as you, New guys here take a beating. If your new you have no idea what is going on and some guys give them a hard time. I have to say that this is one of the "tame" threads, but some guys just get scared off. I'm sure he will provide us with a pics and some of the naysayers will be posting "PM Sent"

• Like 2

Ok first off this isn't that impossible a find. There is nothing here which isn't possible and the story is very believable. Most collectors who do any legwork here have found something equally as rare at least once. The find that really got me into Atari was 40 sealed Custers Revenges.

He could even be a troll but I haven't seen enough to say that. He looks more like someone who found a game and is excited about it.

If you graduated High School in 89 that means you are close to 40. We are old farts, man. Younger kids than that are flipping things things today on ebay and craigslist. My cousin flips Ipods for extra cash and he is 18 or so (also never played Atari).

Anyone could spot an item that might be valuable outside of their normal scope and with a quick google or ebay search soon see enough to know that it might be special.

Now it could very well be for another system or just be the original Qbert or both. Due to rarity and the subject being unfamiliar with the product it is more likely that he did find another game and is mistaken. I guess we will see.

Well-said. +1 for that. :thumbsup:

+1 on your +1

Trust me. a noob can find out a lot of stuff in a couple of days.

Well, what I meant was in the context of Ian's post. It is my strong suspicion that a person savvy enough to go to estate sales and purchase books, is literate enough to know the difference between Qubes and regular Q*bert. No? Next comes intuition... since it's so easy for noobs to get all sorts of info in a couple of days, wouldn't it stand to reason they'd have already gotten all of the info on value that they needed within that time and proceed directly to eBay? Assuming any of these events actually happened.

Personally, I believe this thread reeks and we've all, once again, taken the bait and have established users fighting over nonsense.

On the flipside to all of this... ironic how a brand new poster, with no reputation or pics with a poorly formatted post, is being taken seriously. People here have given him the benefit of the doubt and even supplied opinions as to its value - sight unseen. WHILE... a long time poster may post a sale thread here, with pics, prices or offers accepted and he either gets ignored, lambasted or low-balled. For as many "new" users that might be turned off, think about all of those that have already left that have been here for years over silly shenanigans such as this. :lol:

• Like 2

On the same bandwagon as you, New guys here take a beating. If your new you have no idea what is going on and some guys give them a hard time. I have to say that this is one of the "tame" threads, but some guys just get scared off. I'm sure he will provide us with a pics and some of the naysayers will be posting "PM Sent"

In this new global economy, I think a little more politeness would be a good thing.

I'm curious, how old are you guys? I'm 47. I thought I was a lot older than you, but maybe I'm not.

I'm 40. ATARI STILL RULES!

Trust me. a noob can find out a lot of stuff in a couple of days.

Well, what I meant was in the context of Ian's post. It is my strong suspicion that a person savvy enough to go to estate sales and purchase books, is literate enough to know the difference between Qubes and regular Q*bert. No? Next comes intuition... since it's so easy for noobs to get all sorts of info in a couple of days, wouldn't it stand to reason they'd have already gotten all of the info on value that they needed within that time and proceed directly to eBay? Assuming any of these events actually happened.

Personally, I believe this thread reeks and we've all, once again, taken the bait and have established users fighting over nonsense.

On the flipside to all of this... ironic how a brand new poster, with no reputation or pics with a poorly formatted post, is being taken seriously. People here have given him the benefit of the doubt and even supplied opinions as to its value - sight unseen. WHILE... a long time poster may post a sale thread here, with pics, prices or offers accepted and he either gets ignored, lambasted or low-balled. For as many "new" users that might be turned off, think about all of those that have already left that have been here for years over silly shenanigans such as this. :lol:

I'm not so jaded yet to not give a person the benefit of a doubt first.