IGNORED

[coleco] Homebrew by new generation

newcoleco

Note : If you have a Youtube account, consider leaving a message in the comments section of this video... and if possible, try writing in french.

Hello,

I invite you to watch this video first that was included with the messages I've got on my Youtube mailbox. I will try to translate the best I can what the auhtor is saying to me. I may do something that I shouldn't by revealing what this person told me, so if I'm making a mistake here, just delete this topic please.

I've of course encouraged this person to keep going; having the support of others is so helpful... it's the case in the homebrew scene I know and I bet it's the same whatever the project or situation.

Good morning' date=' newcoleco !

In my game Sonic Arena for the ColecoVision that I've updated, I've used this picture of you.

http://www.colecovision.dk/images/daniel-b-fb.jpg

This image appears like once per 3 times you die with a voice saying "Toasty !". Considering that you might not like it, I've decided to ask you if I can use this picture. If you don't agree, I'll erase it from the game and replace it by another one.

It's not by nostalgia I've done this project, I'm 16 years old and never knew this console. If I've made this project, it was mostly to learn to code ColecoVision and master the console (and your devkit). I've also made that project to be more "popular" within the community because sometimes I've the impression to not exist...

The idea to use your picture comes from Mortal Kombat. When we do an uppercut in MK, the head of the programmer appears sometimes saying "Toasty !". So I was thinking to do the same in my game with a person wellknow in the ColecoVision homebrew scene.[/quote']

I bet that the homebrew games by Youki and other CV programmers here is no stranger to what influenced this young person to code his own ColecoVision game. Just thinking of all the articles and messages about CV homebrew games reccently sure create an interest, an enthusiasm within a community... "someone like me did this, it looks possible to do the same, why not giving a try". I know the feeling of being alone while we just want to be accepted by others, it can break the enthusiasm and imagination, but is it the project that is important or the goal of leaving a mark somewhere telling "I've made this", the result of accomplishing something that others appreciate can be so grateful.

While I appreciate the effort, jumping on bombs on a single static screen looks boring and wouldn't be a game I would be interested in.

You've to consider that this is probably his very first work on CV, I think its great for a first try on that system

Programmers have to gain experience before going on bigger project

Not sure what Yurkie was looking at, but from what I see, this game has multiple modes and is far from just a "jump on the bomb" game. Between the falling 'killer' bombs, intermission screens, voice, and the bombs you're trying to jump on, I think this game has TONS of potential! :)

Keep the development going, please, Gameblabla! And thanks to Daniel for bringing it to our attention!

Edited by Murph74