IGNORED

Songmate a new Compumate Cassette Rarity and Interest check

edintv

I post the pictures of this Software in the Compumate List and Nofrills told me that is unheard of and I should post it in the 2600 Forum.

As you can see a New in opened Blister Cassette. The Warehouse Owner was a Personal friend of the Owner or President of Spectravideo (his words) and He order directly from him. we both not sure if these is a Prototype a sample or if I can find more of it.

So a help in the rarity and Value would be nice. Thanks.

post-26431-0-08359300-1305681878_thumb.jpg

post-26431-0-81979800-1305681955_thumb.jpg

When Rom Hunter logs in i'm sure he will have some info. But essentially until now it was just the picturemate that was discovered to be a Compumate add-on, and that is a R10. So this is definitely an R10.1

How much did you pay for your Picturemate?

When Rom Hunter logs in i'm sure he will have some info. But essentially until now it was just the picturemate that was discovered to be a Compumate add-on, and that is a R10. So this is definitely an R10.1

Perhaps it was a 10.1.

Now it is a 6 !

Perhaps it was a 10.1.

Now it is a 6 !

I think that Picturemate came from Venezuela as well (i´m not 100% sure) and is still rare. That warehouse is full of surprises and you can´t tell if you are going to find more of one item.

Yes Picturemate came from Venez.

I think if there were shitloads of them found, we would have seen more than 3 by now - sellers with angst that someone else will start letting a stash go etc...

The other Venezuelan sellers burn fast the rarity of the items by relist them every two days, I´m complety opposite of doing that. Is also for respect of the buyers who pay you for a item that in a few months could cost half. Is an stupid way of making bussiness.

I think if there were shitloads of them found, we would have seen more than 3 by now - sellers with angst that someone else will start letting a stash go etc...

The other Venezuelan sellers burn fast the rarity of the items by relist them every two days, I´m complety opposite of doing that. Is also for respect of the buyers who pay you for a item that in a few months could cost half. Is an stupid way of making bussiness.

The answer is very simple. You tell me how many you have and I'll tell you the rarity.

• Like 2

The answer is very simple. You tell me how many you have and I'll tell you the rarity.

I found two, the other one do not have the cardboard and I think I will keep it for the moment.

Not necessarily. If it were just one seller that found the stash, he would release these every few years to max his return, withoult having to worry about other sellers flooding the market. I really doubt that only a couple were sent to Venezuela ;)

I found two, the other one do not have the cardboard and I think I will keep it for the moment.

If there are only 2, then it is a R10. But I highly doublt that only two were ever sent to Venezuela, so your best bet is to sell as quickly as you can ;)

Not necessarily. If it were just one seller that found the stash, he would release these every few years to max his return, withoult having to worry about other sellers flooding the market. I really doubt that only a couple were sent to Venezuela ;)

True - I doubt only a couple were made. But what if they were so unpopular that they simply binned their stock.

Plus (putting myself into Venezuelan collector in a warehouse scenario) if I found a stash, i'd still be hacking them off for fear of someone else also finding some. Which hasn't happened with picturemate. But perhaps this is what's going to happen here... Only time will tell.

Edited by nofrills100

True - I doubt only a couple were made. But what if they were so unpopular that they simply binned their stock.

Plus (putting myself into Venezuelan collector in a warehouse scenario) if I found a stash, i'd still be hacking them off for fear of someone else also finding some. Which hasn't happened with picturemate. But perhaps this is what's going to happen here... Only time will tell.

So it makes sense to send two to Venezuela and to bin the rest ;) ..... Venezuela WAS the bin.

If the seller starts to list these frequently, then overly cautious collectors (who all got badly burnt with Ikari and Motorodoe) would stop buying these unless they were like $10 each. So listing them every blue moon and hoping no other seller finds a stash is your best bet as a seller ;)

So it makes sense to send two to Venezuela and to bin the rest ;) ..... Venezuela WAS the bin.

If the seller starts to list these frequently, then overly cautious collectors (who all got badly burnt with Ikari and Motorodoe) would stop buying these unless they were like $10 each. So listing them every blue moon and hoping no other seller finds a stash is your best bet as a seller ;)

I don't think they got burned with Motorodeo and Ikari, they sell them cheaper, but they sell more this way. Makes sense.

What I wanna know is why PictureMate and now SongMate all the sudden pop up, but nobody knew about it originally. Was there no info in video game magazines or Spectravideo leaflets? There must be some advertising about it somewhere.

Maybe SongMate can be dumped, after all, all Starpath games are available on Stella CD, and it doesn't devalue the originals like Party Mix, Sword of Saros, Survival Island. Quite the opposite, they are getting more and more expensive.

Edited by high voltage

Wow, nice find. It amazes me that new items can still pop up. I would be interested in this (and PictureMate). Wasn't someone going to try and put together a CD of CompuMate software in a similar style to Stella Gets a New Brain for Starpath software?

Yep, here is the topic: http://www.atariage....s-compumate-cd/

CompuMater is going to adapt some of his programs to the CompuMate and release it on CD.

Hopefully one day PictureMate and SongMate will be dumped but I can understand the owners concerns that this will impact on their value.

If anyone decides to dump them but doesn't have the equipment I can send you my tape recorder and cable.

Dumping doesn't affect the value of the orginal at all.

Look at Boing, Eli's Ladder, Ultravision's Condor Attack or, as I mentioned already, Sword of Saros, Suvival Island etc....

This is a myth put around by the people who own the original to frighten collectors or ego up their own personalities.

See my example for Eli's Ladder instructions in a different thread, it's all about inflated egos.

Edited by high voltage

I post the pictures of this Software in the Compumate List and Nofrills told me that is unheard of and I should post it in the 2600 Forum.

As you can see a New in opened Blister Cassette. The Warehouse Owner was a Personal friend of the Owner or President of Spectravideo (his words) and He order directly from him. we both not sure if these is a Prototype a sample or if I can find more of it.

Incredible.

Definitely a Holy Grail (less then four known to exist).

Never seen it before.

The blisterpack will most certainly add to the value.

Don't know about it's exact value, but IMO worth more than PictureMate in blisterpack.

Congratulations on this excellent find.

Please take good care of it.

8)

Incredible.

Definitely a Holy Grail (less then four known to exist).

Never seen it before.

The blisterpack will most certainly add to the value.

Don't know about it's exact value, but IMO worth more than PictureMate in blisterpack.

Congratulations on this excellent find.

Please take good care of it.

8)

If you want additional pictures for your site, please let me know.

I don't think they got burned with Motorodeo and Ikari, they sell them cheaper, but they sell more this way. Makes sense.

I was referring to the collectors, not the sellers ;)