IGNORED

Information on "Nice Ideas"?

youki

Hi,

reading this archive from Blue Sky Rangers

http://web.archive.org/web/20000529021108/http://www.makingit.com/bluesky/credits/coleco.html

I just realised that the French development Studio of mattel electronics (renamed after the closure of Mattel Electronics : Nice Idea) was located in my city.

they produced BurgerTime, Bump 'N' Jump , Illusions and i think the never released fireman. (except recently by collectorvision).

I'm looking for all possible information on this office.

- known postal addresses

- name of programmers , manager etc..etc..

If you have any information could drop me a PM.

I will try to get in contact with some guys if i find them!

Thanks

- known postal addresses

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_Antipolis

Tim Scanlan was a director

From some brief research it appears that "Nice Ideas" was sold to/became Dextell Ltd.

thanks , i know very well the sophia antipolis park , i work here since 1993 !

there is strong luck i already met some old Nice Idea programmers without knowing they had worked on colecovision games!!

Wow, great news! See what you can find out about Championship Tennis for Intellivision. :D Anything they remember would be interesting. I'm especially curious if any of them actually beat it themselves, since the game is tough as hell. It's a terrific game, though, way ahead of its time despite a few bugs.

Would be nice if you take photos of the "old" NICE Ideas building :)

Yes, i could, but for now i didn't have the exact address. :)

If i can find employees/programmer names it would help greatly. I'm going to look a rom binary , if some names are not hidden somewhere.

Hi,

reading this archive from Blue Sky Rangers

http://web.archive.org/web/20000529021108/http://www.makingit.com/bluesky/credits/coleco.html

I just realised that the French development Studio of mattel electronics (renamed after the closure of Mattel Electronics : Nice Idea) was located in my city.

they produced BurgerTime, Bump 'N' Jump , Illusions and i think the never released fireman. (except recently by collectorvision).

I'm looking for all possible information on this office.

- known postal addresses

If you have any information could drop me a PM.

I will try to get in contact with some guys if i find them!

Thanks

It's very interesting that you live in the same city that used to produce ColecoVision games. Please let us know if you find any information.

• 2 weeks later...

... and i think the never released fireman. (except recently by collectorvision).

I was in Nice last fall, made some casual inquiries but came up with nothing, hope you are more successful.

BTW, although I had J-F print the boxes and labels from artwork and a design idea that I supplied to him, he didnt "release" Fireman as such...I did. And I feel there has most certainly got to be more undiscovered Nice Ideas Coleco and/or Intellivision titles yet.

... and i think the never released fireman. (except recently by collectorvision).

I was in Nice last fall, made some casual inquiries but came up with nothing, hope you are more successful.

BTW, although I had J-F print the boxes and labels from artwork and a design idea that I supplied to him, he didnt "release" Fireman as such...I did. And I feel there has most certainly got to be more undiscovered Nice Ideas Coleco and/or Intellivision titles yet.

The related video : Coleconut (Dave) presentation at the ADAMCon 21.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7igfsHSKSQ

The part when Dave talks about how he got Fireman and decided to release it as a cool personal project to do... starts at 5:06

The part when Dave talks about how he got Fireman and decided to release it as a cool personal project to do... starts at 5:06

Thanks for posting the Youtube video with the "Fireman" game information. This was the first homebrew game I bought.

In the meantime someone told me an MSX version existed so when this appeared on Ebay France, I grabbed it.

post-18191-0-86784500-1307056024_thumb.jpgpost-18191-0-83606000-1307056035_thumb.jpg

Added feature is that you have the Pyro Man which is another character that you chase around and who lobs the bombs, candles, and dynamite at you rather than just the floating ones in Fireman. Other than that (and being in French) its the same game.

In the meantime someone told me an MSX version existed so when this appeared on Ebay France, I grabbed it.

post-18191-0-86784500-1307056024_thumb.jpgpost-18191-0-83606000-1307056035_thumb.jpg

Added feature is that you have the Pyro Man which is another character that you chase around and who lobs the bombs, candles, and dynamite at you rather than just the floating ones in Fireman. Other than that (and being in French) its the same game.

I wonder if Nice Idea adress is written somewhere on the box or mannual... :ponder:

I wonder if Nice Idea adress is written somewhere on the box or mannual... :ponder:

Très bien, Bonne idée !

NICE IDEAS

Route des Dolines

Sophia-Antioplis

VALBONNE

Yay! Thanks David! :thumbsup:

Hey Youki, now you've the adress :D

Thanks, unfortunaly it does not help too much... the "route des dolines" is very long and there is ton of office building every where.

Are you sure there is not the road "number" written somewhere?