IGNORED

Any Atari experts have any idea what this is? (Pole Position Prototype?)

catcat

7djVw.jpg

I purchased this earlier today at the local Good Will. I'm guessing it's some kind of prototype for Pole Position? Any insight to what this is, how it might have come into the possession of a general consumer and maybe a rough estimate of it's worth would be great. Also; please note that I'm completely new to Atari games and don't know much about them, but have intended on starting for a while. Thank you.

Looks like a legit loaner from atari.

Someone here will be able to tell you if the date means its early or late in the game's development.

Try doing a search on this site for 'loaner' and you'll get a run down of what a loaner is and where it came from. Are you in a PAL or NTSC region?

I have a PAL pole positn loaner.

7djVw.jpg

I purchased this earlier today at the local Good Will. I'm guessing it's some kind of prototype for Pole Position? Any insight to what this is, how it might have come into the possession of a general consumer and maybe a rough estimate of it's worth would be great. Also; please note that I'm completely new to Atari games and don't know much about them, but have intended on starting for a while. Thank you.

Yep, it's a Lab Loaner. It's an early version probably given out to a magazine, etc to review. The value can vary greatly but I'd say since Pole Position was a released game, it's probably worth about $75-$100.

Looks like a legit loaner from atari.

Someone here will be able to tell you if the date means its early or late in the game's development.

Try doing a search on this site for 'loaner' and you'll get a run down of what a loaner is and where it came from. Are you in a PAL or NTSC region?

I have a PAL pole positn loaner.

Mine is an NTSC regioned cart.