IGNORED

Season 2 Game 4 - Imagic Triple Pack

2nd scores for 2 games,

Demon Attack

Nova Blast

Demon Attack is much better/easier on real hardware!

Although does anyone notice a slight tremble and glitch at times playing Demon?

It's the first time it's happened to me. Also after clearing the Mothership, my

cannon was (shaking/twitching)...

post-3059-0-86981600-1306552531_thumb.jpg

post-3059-0-43567200-1306552626_thumb.jpg

I dont notice the "glitch" on real hardware, but I do notice it on emulation, so much so it must give the processor a divide by 0 error or something that causes an epic fail in the game, cause the score immediately appears once the glitch hits that crashes the game, so it seems Imagic knew about it. I'm trying to determine what precisely causes it to glitch (if its a spot like Yars Revenge) or something else.

I dont notice the "glitch" on real hardware, but I do notice it on emulation, so much so it must give the processor a divide by 0 error or something that causes an epic fail in the game, cause the score immediately appears once the glitch hits that crashes the game, so it seems Imagic knew about it. I'm trying to determine what precisely causes it to glitch (if its a spot like Yars Revenge) or something else.

Even though it had a bit of "twitchy glitch", it hasn't crashed once on the real hardware.

My Nostalgia 3.6 emulator for Demon Attack works perfectly, but controls are way too difficult.

Only got 1,800 trying my best.

Got the bonus for Nova Blast!

Tough to get the buttons right on Emul, without an Intv-controller.

I played Demon Attack again today, and it played just fine, no glitch or flicker happened.

Jacob, I hate to point this out but I believe the Nova Blast bonus is at 45000, not 40000. :(

I'm still ticked as I shouldn't of lost the town that quickly.

Yah, I was doing great then all of a sudden all three towns just got hammered back to back to back. It was like the difficulty got ramped up too quickly.

In the later levels, Nova Blast likes to spawn Water Walkers right next to towns, faster than you can get there. Challenge is one thing, but IMHO that crosses the line into cheap/unfair territory. If you could beam down a permanent shield, or if the towns' shields recharged after every round, it'd improve the game a great deal.

Got the bonus for Nova Blast!

Tough to get the buttons right on Emul, without an Intv-controller.

I played Demon Attack again today, and it played just fine, no glitch or flicker happened.

Jacob, I hate to point this out but I believe the Nova Blast bonus is at 45000, not 40000. :(

Thank u, see pics .... D'OH!

New scores for 2.

Ice Trek

Demon Attack

post-3059-0-66489700-1306781614_thumb.jpg

post-3059-0-10891600-1306781629_thumb.jpeg

post-3059-0-74760000-1306781681_thumb.jpg

post-3059-0-17601300-1306781712_thumb.jpg

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

OK -

Demon Attack - A good cleaning of the controller matrix made a difference, much smoother movement - 6,654 - would have been better, but a double cheap shot finished me off. Man, those damn red bugs (the middle wave of three) are meaner than anything in the 2600 version, even on the first go-round.

post-26465-0-06444600-1306822489_thumb.jpg

Nova Blast - Cleaning the controller didn't do anything; seriously, you guys just push one of the right buttons and bombs drop? One of the right buttons puts out a beam like the lower left, but that's all. I dont even know how I got as far as I did at 24,600 the first time.

Edited by Chuck D. Head

OK -

Demon Attack - A good cleaning of the controller matrix made a difference, much smoother movement - 6,654 - would have been better, but a double cheap shot finished me off. Man, those damn red bugs (the middle wave of three) are meaner than anything in the 2600 version, even on the first go-round.

post-26465-0-06444600-1306822489_thumb.jpg

Nova Blast - Cleaning the controller didn't do anything; seriously, you guys just push one of the right buttons and bombs drop? One of the right buttons puts out a beam like the lower left, but that's all. I dont even know how I got as far as I did at 24,600 the first time.

For me, both buttons on the left are fire, and the top right is fire and the bottom right is bomb. I haveto hold the controler backwards because of this since I normally use my right for steering and the left for fire :)

Damn Demon attack is glitchy. It's crashed on my 3 times and went totally glitchy once where the guys started coming from the bottom of the screen :)

Last time really sucked though I was totally rocking it and it frickin crashed on me with 6 lives left!