IGNORED

Intellivision Homebrew game sells for $812.00

Rev

That price is 90% hype. Can't believe those years of the goons overpricing homebrews in auctions and stores (that never sold) has paid off!

I also think that the Intellivision has the perfect collection for overpriced games. There are few enough that the really rare ones will elude folks enough that they'll pay. If there were 3x as many of those games, there wouldn't be the sense of completion pending that encourages bigger spending.

Edited by ianoid

That price is 90% hype. Can't believe those years of the goons overpricing homebrews in auctions and stores (that never sold) has paid off!

I also think that the Intellivision has the perfect collection for overpriced games. There are few enough that the really rare ones will elude folks enough that they'll pay. If there were 3x as many of those games, there wouldn't be the sense of completion pending that encourages bigger spending.

Actually, this game and Robot Rubble have never been in an ebay store. the few times they have come up on ebay have always been a straight up auction like this one.

I recently became an Intellivision owner and fan, and this is the only disheartening aspect for me: some of the really cool games are rare enough to be that expensive.

Don't be disheartened, this was a very rare instance and quite frankly is a game you could do without owning. The good news is much of the INTV library is very affordable and there are a number of INTV homebrews coming out soon that will be more in the $50 range I would guess. If you haven't already, go to Intellivisionlives.us and sign up for the newsletter to get yourself on the release notification list so you won't miss out on the games David is releasing. There are also a few other games being worked on which can be found in the INTV homebrews release thread.