IGNORED

Ready for a laugh?

bennybingo

I just saw this on eBay and I thought you guys would laugh at the description as much as I did:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1706446104321?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170644610432&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

QUOTE: "I am not sure that This is or is not Atlantis II as my Atari is not in working condition. If it is this may very well be a steal for the price I am going to list it at."

The only "steal" going on here will be the thievery on his end of the bargain...that much I can assure you!

I wonder if this is from the same guy who posted last month (for the first time) saying he found an Atlantis II? - http://www.atariage...._1#entry2260043

The gentleman I got it from said his father received this as a prize, and over the years the sticker has worn off.

Plausible :).

I guess it's plausible my Atlantis used to have a worn-off sticker too. After all, it's from an unknown previous user. Maybe I should sell it for $150... if you think about it, it's my duty as an Atari fan to share this possible ultra-rare cartridge with the collecting world. :D

• Like 2

Actually, I think the sticker was only on the box, so that story about it wearing off (I'm assuming they mean off the cartridge since there is no box in this auction) is dubious. And if it is Atlantis II, all he needs to do is buy a cheap working Atari to verify it and he could get a few thousand for it.

Has anyone calculated the odds of some random Atlantis cartridge being Atlantis II?

Edited by Miss 2600

I'm not as up on my Atari as others here are, but wasn't the sequel to Atlantis, Cosmic Ark? I wasn't aware there was another one. Heh.

Atlantis II is a competition cart only given to those in the Atlantis competition. same game only faster and scoring is 1 point per kill.(I think)

Legally, if it wasn't Atlantis II, they would have to take it back - it's all in the wording. Any ePay claim would result in their dictation that you return it with tracking, and a full refund as forced by their system. Some gambler here should try it. I haven't got the funds to play with or I would.

AX

I've taken a few gambles before on ePay before, but not like this. This one, IMHO, screams out SCAM. This guy seems to know a whole lot of info about a super rare cart, but then falls short of testing it. If I thought that I had something worth thousands of dollars, why wouldn't I spring for a $10 to $20 Atari console to test it out?

I know it is just my opinion, but when someone tries to sell something on ePay like this, it is a scam...the kind of scam where the seller can feign innocence after the fact by way of ignorance or lack of knowledge. Regardless of the return policy, we all know he could just empty the PayPal account and disappear into the void. Personally, I wouldn't suggest trying your luck on this one....it walks like a duck and quacks like one too!

Edit: He also has a seller feedback rating of 2...quacking louder now! icon_mrgreen.gif

• Like 2

Legally, if it wasn't Atlantis II, they would have to take it back - it's all in the wording. Any ePay claim would result in their dictation that you return it with tracking, and a full refund as forced by their system. Some gambler here should try it. I haven't got the funds to play with or I would.

AX

If I could return it, I'd give it a shot for $150. I couldn't risk $500, though. I guess the seller could claim you kept his Atlantis II and returned a regular Atlantis unless he marked it somehow.

not to mention his feedback is 2 positive for buying. One of the two feedbacks is actually a negative stating he bid and didn't pay from a seller since he couldn't leave a negative under the feedback rules eBay has going now.

icon_rolling.gificon_rolling.gificon_rolling.gificon_rolling.gificon_rolling.gificon_rolling.gificon_rolling.gificon_rolling.gificon_rolling.gificon_rolling.gificon_rolling.gif

It just keeps getting better!

You are allowed to leave negatives.

I'm not sure which post you are replying to. See my replies to you below.

not to mention his feedback is 2 positive for buying. One of the two feedbacks is actually a negative stating he bid and didn't pay from a seller since he couldn't leave a negative under the feedback rules eBay has going now.

If you're replying to what kheffington said, here's a link to the eBay rules.

Protecting the Seller's Reputation

Sellers aren't able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers. That means sellers need other tools that will protect them against unfair treatment from buyers and bring those buyers to eBay's attention.

I didn't notice the feedback. Yeah, I wouldn't trust this seller to reimburse.

If you're replying to what Miss 2600 said, I wouldn't want to lose that much money even if I, as a buyer, could leave negative feedback.

Edited by dwane413

A seller is not allowed to leave negative or neutral feedback for a buyer. That is the rule and as a seller you can not do it. A form of negative feedback for a buyer can only be left as Positive feedback with the wording negative. If a seller does that the seller risks having the feedback removed and gets a strike from eBay if the buyer complains.

Edited by kheffington

A seller is not allowed to leave negative or neutral feedback for a buyer. That is the rule and as a seller you can not do it. A form of negative feedback for a buyer can only be left as Positive feedback with the wording negative. If a seller does that the seller risks having the feedback removed and gets a strike from eBay if the buyer complains.

Yeah, all part of EBay's wonderfull 'changes' recently. :roll:

That's why I don't sell on EBay anymore. No protection at all.