IGNORED

Coleco Gemini (power supply)

First off,

Im sorry if this is not in the right thread. It seemed like a nice fit, so I put it here.

Ive been wanting a coleco gemini for quite some time. They just arent posted to often on ebay, nor craigs list, so ive been waiting patiently.

So recently I bought a lot of coleco gemini's. I got 3 of them for $50 on ebay. They do all work.

The only problem is I only have one power supply for all three. In order to resell, one my extras,

I was wondering if anyone is aware of what kind of power supply it takes. It is 9v, and its a bizzare

headphone looking like jack [it fits nicely into my earphone slot on my zune(probably 9mm)].

I am aware that the ipod shuffle uses a simular type plug. For 4 dollars I could get on shipped to my house.

The problems are that those are only 5v, which I doubt would be enough juice to power it and the fact

that the cords length is very small is an issue as well.

So my question is, is there a spot, or a way to get cords for cheap that will work with this system? Will the ipods cord work? and it there any other type of system that uses the same type power supply that I could use?

-Thanks

---explosiveegg

That is a good price. Check ebay. But anyway it doesnn't matter just sell the other 2 as is. It will still sell because it works. Cuz someone may have a spare cord at home and just neeed a replacement console. As long as it works it should be ok. If it was dead then nobody would want it. But as long as it works it should still be worth it. Maybe the 3 you bought were untested. But now that you know they work it should be worth something.

First off,

Im sorry if this is not in the right thread. It seemed like a nice fit, so I put it here.

Ive been wanting a coleco gemini for quite some time. They just arent posted to often on ebay, nor craigs list, so ive been waiting patiently.

So recently I bought a lot of coleco gemini's. I got 3 of them for $50 on ebay. They do all work.

The only problem is I only have one power supply for all three. In order to resell, one my extras,

I was wondering if anyone is aware of what kind of power supply it takes. It is 9v, and its a bizzare

headphone looking like jack [it fits nicely into my earphone slot on my zune(probably 9mm)].

I am aware that the ipod shuffle uses a simular type plug. For 4 dollars I could get on shipped to my house.

The problems are that those are only 5v, which I doubt would be enough juice to power it and the fact

that the cords length is very small is an issue as well.

So my question is, is there a spot, or a way to get cords for cheap that will work with this system? Will the ipods cord work? and it there any other type of system that uses the same type power supply that I could use?

-Thanks

---explosiveegg

Did you try eColeco? The site is blocked at my job so I could not search it:

coleco.freeservers.com

If they don't have them they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks to everyone whom offered their advice.

That is a good price. Check ebay. But anyway it doesnn't matter just sell the other 2 as is. It will still sell because it works. Cuz someone may have a spare cord at home and just neeed a replacement console. As long as it works it should be ok. If it was dead then nobody would want it. But as long as it works it should still be worth it. Maybe the 3 you bought were untested. But now that you know they work it should be worth something.

The problem is that I was probably going to just take one up to a local store, that sells vintage consoles, and sell it their. In order to sell it though, I would have to have a way to use the system. Although I purchase a lot of stuff online, ive never actually sold anything. I may have to look into selling it on ebay.

I just get some of those cheap universal ac adaptors with the four-plug end on them for making up resale systems. Try to get one with 500ma output so it doesn't cook itself though.

Ill look into that.

coleco.freeservers.com

I couldnt seem to find any information about the coleco gemini at all on that site. All the information was colecovision based, or so it seemed. Thanks for looking though. It seems like a weird site for the blocks to have picked up on. Seeing as they dont block atariage.com.

coleco.freeservers.com

I couldnt seem to find any information about the coleco gemini at all on that site. All the information was colecovision based, or so it seemed. Thanks for looking though. It seems like a weird site for the blocks to have picked up on. Seeing as they dont block atariage.com.

That's Websense for you! Thank god they don't block AtariAge otherwise I would have to quit!

• 7 years later...

Hello - Does anyone know? Did the original Coleco Gemini system get shipped with a Coleco power supply or a Gemini power supply? I'm pretty certain it was a Coleco power supply, but I thought I'd try to confirm 100% if anyone out there has a system they bought new in the stores, etc. Thanks.

Hello - Does anyone know? Did the original Coleco Gemini system get shipped with a Coleco power supply or a Gemini power supply? I'm pretty certain it was a Coleco power supply, but I thought I'd try to confirm 100% if anyone out there has a system they bought new in the stores, etc. Thanks.

it was coleco branded. The Gemini brand of adapters and controllers is not made by Coleco. It's a whole separate company.