IGNORED

Horse Racing (a demo)

else

• 2 years later...

Hello again, y'all!

I've REVISED the overlays' design, AND the betting/program/codes legend screens for our new game Fidelity Electronics' Horse Racing Challenge. You'll find 'em on Google Drive.

On the race program screen, I substituted the horses' color numbers (red 1 through silver 8) in place of the colored initial letters from the old draft. I also drew up NEW instructions for navigating between these screens:

BETTING SCREEN: Press COAX (the LEFT action button) for the PROGRAM SCREEN (the screen listing the 4 entrants for each race); Press WHIP (the RIGHT action button) for the PROGRAM CODES LEGEND SCREEN (the screen explaining the codes used on the PROGRAM and BETTING screens); Press 0 (ZERO) then START to start the race on the track—the game then transfers to the race track screen, with the 4 entrant horses loaded into the starting gate!

PROGRAM SCREEN: Horizontal rows listing the 4 entrants for each race are shown thereon. For each entrant, they're listed in the assigned post position(s) from the inner rail outwards. Also show is their stamina rating (SURE, EASY, HARD, or DRAG), the track conditions from their MOST RECENT race (DRY, TURF, or MUD), and the FINISHING ORDER from the most recent race (if any).

From this screen: Press COAX to get to the CODES LEGEND SCREEN; Press WHIP to return to the BETTING SCREEN.

CODES LEGEND SCREEN: This lists the code abbreviations used for both the BETTING and PROGRAM SCREENS.

From this screen: Press COAX to return to the PROGRAM SCREEN; Press WHIP to return to the BETTING SCREEN.

You'll LOVE how I redesigned the overlays!!

Would you know where to download a sample game box template for ColecoVision games?!?! I noticed that such a template is available for Intellivision ones...

Thank You!

Seriously though. Please show us some screen shots or a video. We are interested.

Hello again, y'all!

I've REVISED the overlays' design, AND the betting/program/codes legend screens for our new game Fidelity Electronics' Horse Racing Challenge. You'll find 'em on Google Drive.

On the race program screen, I substituted the horses' color numbers (red 1 through silver 8) in place of the colored initial letters from the old draft. I also drew up NEW instructions for navigating between these screens:

BETTING SCREEN: Press COAX (the LEFT action button) for the PROGRAM SCREEN (the screen listing the 4 entrants for each race); Press WHIP (the RIGHT action button) for the PROGRAM CODES LEGEND SCREEN (the screen explaining the codes used on the PROGRAM and BETTING screens); Press 0 (ZERO) then START to start the race on the track—the game then transfers to the race track screen, with the 4 entrant horses loaded into the starting gate!

PROGRAM SCREEN: Horizontal rows listing the 4 entrants for each race are shown thereon. For each entrant, they're listed in the assigned post position(s) from the inner rail outwards. Also show is their stamina rating (SURE, EASY, HARD, or DRAG), the track conditions from their MOST RECENT race (DRY, TURF, or MUD), and the FINISHING ORDER from the most recent race (if any).

From this screen: Press COAX to get to the CODES LEGEND SCREEN; Press WHIP to return to the BETTING SCREEN.

CODES LEGEND SCREEN: This lists the code abbreviations used for both the BETTING and PROGRAM SCREENS.

From this screen: Press COAX to return to the PROGRAM SCREEN; Press WHIP to return to the BETTING SCREEN.

You'll LOVE how I redesigned the overlays!!

Would you know where to download a sample game box template for ColecoVision games?!?! I noticed that such a template is available for Intellivision ones...

Thank You!

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I assure you that it ISN'T vaporware!  Derek Else (the original programmer) recently did some more demo updates (which DON'T seem to work within BlueMSX, by the way), but DO work within ColEm, and some other ColecoVision emulators.  He and I are looking into further programming developments to help bring this much-needed game into fruition.  Good quality video games DO take time to produce.  Thank You!

6 hours ago, RT12 Productions said:

I assure you that it ISN'T vaporware!  Derek Else (the original programmer) recently did some more demo updates (which DON'T seem to work within BlueMSX, by the way), but DO work within ColEm, and some other ColecoVision emulators.  He and I are looking into further programming developments to help bring this much-needed game into fruition.  Good quality video games DO take time to produce.  Thank You!

You are correct RT12, I have an updated version from Derek (not for release) and it is rather good.  Can always use some polishing like most things.  KEEP GAMING!!!