IGNORED

The youngest Intellivision collector

Rev

Awesome! That kid can't be more than 11 or 12. This is someone who should be on the Secret Santa list, although I think it might be weird if Rev tried to get his address. Lol! There's just no non-creepy way to get some games to him.

Edited by cmart604

Awesome! That kid can't be more than 11 or 12. This is someone who should be on the Secret Santa list, although I think it might be weird if Rev tried to get his address. Lol! There's just no non-creepy way to get some games to him.

icon_rolling.gificon_rolling.gificon_rolling.gif

Edited by revolutionika

That's cute!! I wonder if he wants my extras. :D It's cool to see younger kids (including the ones on AA) who appreciate older games. My 15 year old has been into classic gaming for a long time too. He knew about emulators, etc years ago, way before I knew what they were. Here he is playing Ye Olde 7800 a few years ago (yep, he has long hair):

227356_1023944802175_1331889290_30121950_3296781_n.jpg

For his age, he's surprisingly very eloquent in his speech. Almost as if he's reading from a script. Honestly, his videos are better than a lot I've seen from adults.

I think, since this kid is a relative rarity (R8?), it would be interesting to get a hold of him to send him some games, in return for him doing some vids, like IntellivisionDude. But definitely try to get a hold of the parents first to make sure it's ok.

Edited by SlowCoder

This guy is my hero. I would have been making these vids if YouTube had existed when I was a kid!

I'm making these videos now at 38 years old, but i feel like i'm 8 years old all over again. :D

Have you made any recently? I need to check.

Why dont you try to get in contact with this kid so we can send him some games...maybe if has a PO Box so his family dont think we are some weirdos. icon_mrgreen.gif

This guy is my hero. I would have been making these vids if YouTube had existed when I was a kid!

I'm making these videos now at 38 years old, but i feel like i'm 8 years old all over again. :D

Have you made any recently? I need to check.

Why dont you try to get in contact with this kid so we can send him some games...maybe if has a PO Box so his family dont think we are some weirdos. icon_mrgreen.gif

I don't think i have, but i need to. Been too busy playing all my new games.

Edited by IntellivisionDude

Hosted a classic game night in Chattanooga tonight. This guy brought his triplet nephews who were probably 9 or 10 years old. They had never heard of Atari at all! At the end of the night they were having so much fun they didn't wanna leave. I gave them each a couple of carts from my duplicates I had lying around. Asteroids, Frogger, Defender, Missle Command, Pac-man, all the classics. They were overjoyed and were badgering their uncle to buy them a 2600 for their birthday coming up. It felt good to spark an interest in those kids' hearts for Atari. But I think I may have created a monster!

• Like 2

Was this a public event in Chattanooga? I am close enough to that area I might've driven over to check that out..

Yes it was. It was the first one I've done. But, I'm thinking about doing it monthly. Shall I keep thee posted?

Was this a public event in Chattanooga? I am close enough to that area I might've driven over to check that out..

Yes it was. It was the first one I've done. But, I'm thinking about doing it monthly. Shall I keep thee posted?

hey, Im interested in going to it. im just over in atlanta. im only a few hours away from chatanooga i think.....maybe Golden Ax would want to come.

You should advertise it more here and maybe a bunch of people would come. how big was the one you just have in terms of gaming stuff and people?

• Like 1