IGNORED

The 2011 Atari 2600 Collector Hall of Fame vote

homerwannabee

1)Mother-In-Law's father's collection.

1)Rom Hunter for his ROM collection, his archive, and because I believe he really is Indiana Jones.

1)Batari for the Harmony Cart.

1)Philflound for his label variation website and helping me sort through my variations.

1)nofrills100 for his V-cases and for buying my vote by providing me with my most rare cart.

1)mike99mccarthy for his beautiful daughter Atari. Having an adorable child with the best name to share your collection with is a rarity infinity.

1)the.golden.ax because of his 5 mile shelves.

1)icbrkr for being able to organize that big of a collection in a room with a roof ceiling and doing it so nicely that he can hide the fact that he is a hoarder.

1)Parrothead for gamegavel.

1)CPUWIZ for Powerlords.

• Like 1

Wow, I got a few votes! That is really great! I know there are plenty of folks with way better collections. I'd like to contribute more to Atari history and documentation. Atari research informs a good chunk of the first chapter of my dissertation, which I plan on turning into a book. I'd also like to get a grant and produce a documentary film about Atari collectors - that's another project on the horizon. Anyhow, thanks again for the votes, and here are mine:

Dino

ntavio

Albert

ianoid

bfstats

Tempest

Rom Hunter

• Like 1

When does the voting end? And who is currently in the lead?

It ends when basically when the thread has died down, and no one is voting anymore. I was almost ready to pull the trigger a day ago, but as you can see more people have still voted. So I will probably wait a few days after the last vote to call it. I don't want to tabulate at the moment, and give an indication of the leader. It is better if people vote their minds instead of what the crowd is leaning towards.

• Like 1

Voting is now closed! And we have a winner! Congratulations goes out to Marc Oberhouser for being voted into this years Hall of Fame. This years results were close right up until the very end, and then Marc came through in the clutch. Marc Oberhouser is an all around amazing collector. He has been in the collecting game for well over a decade, probably closer to two decades. He is a rare breed that not only has an amazing PAL collection, but an amazing NTSC collection. About a decade ago Marc stumbled upon a very big load of game. He paid thousands of dollars for that collection. At the time people thought he was crazy for doing that but in the long run this proved to be a very wise move. Marc also does box work for games that do not have boxes as well. His box work for Video Jogger, and Video Reflex were amazing, and still being talked about today. Well I talked about it so it is being talked about today! :D So a big congrats goes out to Marc for getting into the Hall. You have been in the hobby a very long time, and you deserve it.

Here is how the top voting broke down. I will list everyone who got 4 or more votes.

Marc Oberhouser 9 votes

Rom Hunter 7 votes

Albert from AtariAge 6 votes

BF Stats 6 votes

Ianoid 6 votes

Dino 6 votes

Tempest 4 votes

• Like 1

Allow me to be the first to congratulate you, Marc. Your decade of contributions to the community make you quite worthy of the elite company you now find yourself amongst.

I'm very happy the rest of the community agrees.

• Like 2