IGNORED

WTB: Atari 815 - $1000 CASH NOW!

fibrewire

You know, there is a slim chance that someone has one of these and they want to sell it.

How likely for that person to be on the internet?

How likely for that person to be on AtariAge?

How likely for that person to visit this obscure thread here in the market place?

Someone surely knows of someone else that has one?

Maybe a finder's fee of $500 for a successful sale of one of these drives to me?

The sooner this propagates to Google that I want to purchase an Atari 815 5 1/4 floppy disk sio dual 5.25 drive, the better :)

You know, there is a slim chance that someone has one of these and they want to sell it.

How likely for that person to be on the internet?

How likely for that person to be on AtariAge?

How likely for that person to visit this obscure thread here in the market place?

Someone surely knows of someone else that has one?

Maybe a finder's fee of $500 for a successful sale of one of these drives to me?

The sooner this propagates to Google that I want to purchase an Atari 815 5 1/4 floppy disk sio dual 5.25 drive, the better :)

I just Googled Atari 815....your post came up 5th. Maybe one of these rare dual drives will work it's way out of someone's closet and into the light! I wish you luck.

Raised offer to $1500 USD - does anyone even own one of these drives?

Well, Curt Vendel owns at least one of them, but it seems that they were made in very limited quantities. I suspect that the surviving units are in the hands of collectors who aren't going to want to part with them easily.

You could get the same results with two 810 drives, one on top of the other. But, if an 815 is what you want, best of luck to you!

"AHS member Christopher Strong is one of our resident Atari History experts on the Atari 815, owning over half a dozen units"

I saw this last year, but I was nowhere near as far as I am now with 8-bit Atari stuff. Ideally, I would have this bad boy next to my dual Corvus Disk System to take the place of the two 810 drives I have now. Maybe after some AA time in service I can talk Chris out of one for $1500 - thanks for the heads up! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The longer this WTB listing sits here, the more I want the drive...

Sad, isn't it?

Maybe someone will notice this post in 2014. If this is the case - pm me!

Edit: It's almost 2014 now... Time flies when you're having a good time.

Edited by fibrewire
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Success

That's pretty terse. Details, price, and more importantly, pics?

And have the pics with you, the 815, and a recent newspaper or magazine in the shot, so they won't be fake like the guy who posted pics of the alleged Atari 415 dual cassette deck.

:)

lowered price to $1000 for now...

EDIT:You know what? I think the price needs to go up to $2500 for the time being... It's always negotiable :)

I thought "success" meant you'd acquired one!

So you DID acquire one, and you're lowering your offer on the second one?

Or you're cheapening-out on the 1st one? :)

Pics, when you get it!

So you DID acquire one, and you're lowering your offer on the second one?

That is what I thought originally. I then realized if some random person buys one from a thrift shop or a loved one passes away, they might Google for "Atari 815" - the first thing they will see is my offer of $1000.

Come to think of it, I think I will do that with **ALL** rare Atari items. Thanks for the great idea wood_jl!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Unlike a lot of the more vapor Atari products (Sweet Pea, etc) the 815 can be found. There was one for sale on ebay about six years ago. I wish I had bought the manual. I tried selling some 815 logic boards in the Atari Expo/CGE auctions but was literally laughed at by people who just wanted a boxed 2600 Berenstain Bears cartridge.

One day I hope to build up a MPI 815, I have all the parts but a couple metal brackets, which I could copy from a Tandon one and have milled by a local shop. But to build additional ones, it would get tricky.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...