IGNORED

Season 2 Game 5 - Masters of the Universe

post-25689-0-71827500-1307253542_thumb.jpgThat's right, the defender of Eternia comes to the HSC in Masters of the Universe. (Yes I know the movie was named this too)

Settings will be left to the players choice as to what level you start at. This game starts our (Why the Intellivision is better than the Atari 2600). As they say a picture is worth a thousand words, I'll let the games speak to themselves.

Wind Raider level

post-25689-0-41019900-1307253566_thumb.jpgAtari 2600 post-25689-0-56795100-1307253549_thumb.jpgIntellivision

Advantage : Intellivision

Skeletor Level(s)

post-25689-0-70024600-1307253572_thumb.jpgAtari 2600 post-25689-0-50291800-1307253555_thumb.jpgIntellivision (just 1 of 3 scenes (Mountain/Forest/Castle Greyskull))

Advantage : Intellivision

Winner : It's simply the intellivision, baby!

Scores will be accepted until Sunday June 19th at 1:00 am Eastern time.

FINAL SCORES

TheGoldenBand - 1,487,150 (1st - 10pts)

cparsley - 960,100 (2nd - 9pts)

INTVDude - 791,300 (3rd - 8pts)

ed1475 - 428,250 (4th - 6pts)

ghsqb - 374,700 (5th - 4pts)

JacobZ - 366,350 (6th - 2pts)

cmart604 - 316,500 (7th - 1pt)

BydoEmpire - 274,200 (8th - 1pt)

RoadRunner - 228,150 (9th - 1pt)

zylon - 183,450 (10th - 1pt)

HSC Scores after Game #4

1. Cparsley 82pts
  2. goldenband 67pts
  3. crade 60pts
  4. JacobZu7 52pts
  5. cmart604 32pts
  6. ghsqb 29pts
  7. INTVDude 20pts
  8. patbb 18pts
  9. Chuck D 13pts
  10. ed1475 10pts
  11. RoadRunner 9pts
  12. Zylon 5pts
  13. 1980gamer 4pts
  14. atariron82 1pt

Edited by cparsley

Seems logical to select "Practice" first, since the game ups the difficulty each run through the game.

Solved about 2 or 3 games.

I'll start off ...

First try,

I haven't played this in quite a while, but that strikes me as a pretty good score if memory serves. Nice start to game 5! :)

As for selecting "practice" first, there are yes's and no's to the strategy.

Going on option 1 "practice" to start the game, each second at the end of the skeletor rounds will only pay out 200pts, each sword nets 5 seconds of time, and start time for the 3 waves is 90 seconds.

Starting on higher difficulty will make the per second 400pts, sword to net 10sec and start time of 120. So it's up to you.

Second attempt on Novice this time. Scoring starts out the same as Practice but after a few times through (lost track on how many time through) the scoring changes to the 120 seconds and 400 points per second.

After the game gets harder and you can no longer block the spears with your shield, i have the hardest time just getting to Skeletor. And i was only able to get through the mountains and i run out of time each time through.

post-25251-0-43075000-1307304000_thumb.jpg

A slight improvement. This time back on Practice.

I also started one game on Master, the scoring also starts off at 90 X 200. Plus it's harder. I died twice right off the bat. So it is my personal opinion that it is better to start on Practice (at least for me anyway) and build up free lives before the difficulty sets in. Even on practice, after so many times through, the scoring does change to the 120 X 400.

I believe the manual also says that if you can get to skeletor without having to raise your shield you get a 10,000 point bonus. Take advantage of that early before the game gets difficult.

post-25251-0-30551100-1307306473_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Where do you plan on posting a leaderboard cparsley? Not nagging, just want to know where to look for it.

Good theme (why inty is better) by the way! Really a good time for it; after those glitchy games I was losing faith and even stated that I prefer VCS Demon Attack to the Inty version. I dont have the MOTU cart, but it looks fun, so I will have to try emulation. For some reason, I have never emulated Intellivision. Any suggestions? I will probably just be using my keyboard for input.

and actually working on Open Office right now for a master spreadsheet (gotta recalc Mister VCS's sheets to make sure they valid, and should have up shortly).

Also will have the first board for MOTU up soon too, not much to do in middle of a flood zone :)

Edited by cparsley

Getting closer.

I always die when like 3 fireballs are bouncing up and down the screen at top speed. It's real hard (but not impossible) to get out of trouble there. And i keep making stupid mistakes like getting hit with the red fireball the shoots straight across the screen real fast. :roll:

post-25251-0-49447300-1307386833_thumb.jpg

Yes Zylon, unlike the VCS version that just has you go thru the 2 color ribbons to finish the battle, while INTV has the mountains, forest and Castle Greyskull battles with fireballs, lightning bolts, timers and whatever the sword was called on the show.

I have this one as a loose cart. I just never made it that far.I never gave this one the time of day on either system. Usually only played around for a minute or so to test.

I did make it to a room with stuff on the floor moving at me but couldn't figure out what to do. :?

Don't have much of a chance but here's what I got. 89,300

post-25215-0-89514300-1307396489_thumb.jpg

Yes Zylon, unlike the VCS version that just has you go thru the 2 color ribbons to finish the battle, while INTV has the mountains, forest and Castle Greyskull battles with fireballs, lightning bolts, timers and whatever the sword was called on the show.

I have this one as a loose cart. I just never made it that far.I never gave this one the time of day on either system. Usually only played around for a minute or so to test.

I did make it to a room with stuff on the floor moving at me but couldn't figure out what to do. :?

This is actually really a great game..

It's not very complicated, you fly forward shooting asteroids and bombing skeletor for points until the miles (M) indicator reaches 0, you have limited fuel too (shown by the fuel tank indicator) so don't go backwards too much. Then you automatically land and on the ground scenes you just have to walk forward dodging (almost) all the stuff skeletor throws at you and make it to him (at which point there is an automated sword fight and you move on) you get 3 screens of that and then back to the flying level.

Here is the manual if that helps:

http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Mattel_Intellivision//Manual/formated/Masters_of_the_Universe-_The_Power_of_He-Man_-_1983_-_Mattel_Electronics.pdf

Edited by cradelit

This is actually really a great game..

It's not very complicated, you fly forward shooting asteroids and bombing skeletor for points until the miles (M) indicator reaches 0, you have limited fuel too (shown by the fuel tank indicator) so don't go backwards too much. Then you automatically land and on the ground scenes you just have to walk forward dodging (almost) all the stuff skeletor throws at you and make it to him (at which point there is an automated sword fight and you move on) you get 3 screens of that and then back to the flying level.

Here is the manual if that helps:

http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Mattel_Intellivision//Manual/formated/Masters_of_the_Universe-_The_Power_of_He-Man_-_1983_-_Mattel_Electronics.pdf

Thanks. :) I'll work on it tonight.

I haven't been in on the Inty HSC for a long time, but I'm going to chime in with two things:

1) I LOVE this game - it was always a favorite.

2) I just picked up the first 20 episodes of He Man on DVD at Target for $5. Haven't seen the cartoon in ages, and it's held up pretty well. I used to LOVE He Man back in 1983, and I"m definitely enjoying rewatching it. Fans of the series should go to Target - hard to pass up for $5.

• Like 1