IGNORED

Season 7 Round 4 - PinBot

CGQuarterly

Welcome to week 2 of the 7th season of the Atari Age NES High Score League!

Again, I apologize for the tardiness in getting this round posted.

Deadline for this round is Sunday, June 19.

Twin Galaxies now requires people to create an account and log in if they wish to view high scores. I object to this, and as a result I will no longer be listing TG high scores with each round's game.

This week's game is going to be PinBot

Title: PinBot

Developer: Rare

Publisher: Nintendo

Released: April 1990 (US)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AYtvyfiyY0

I just got this cart a couple of weeks ago and tried it for my first time. I wasn't liking it much until I loaded it up again for this round. After you get used to the unusual screen shifting and the wonky physics, it's pretty cool.

post-24675-0-38638800-1307424195_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, here are the TG listings:

1 99,999,999 Tom Votava

1 99,999,999 Todd Rogers

2 9,541,840 Dick Moreland

3 8,716,470 Rudy J Ferretti

4 5,802,460 Mr. Kelly R. Flewin

5 3,161,300 Jared E Oswald

I use TG, and have a few scores up there. As of this posting, I still hold the highest record for Tournament points on Thief for MAME. :)

At any rate, I'll be more than happy to provide TG listings for the future if you like.

Ummm.... Todd Rogers needs a real job. I'm just saying. It must be nice to have enough time to be at the top of all these console record lists. Does he still live with his parents? Is he cheating some how? (I would personally put nothing past TG so cheating is a concern for me)

First score is 843,430.

Secound score: 4,175,810. Take that stupid first score.

Well that's the thing. I've noticed a pretty big swing in participation depending on what game we play. But I'll try being more dictatorial and see how that goes.

I'll create the post tomorrow, but the next game is Ninja Gaiden, so get started.

Chris

Well that's the thing. I've noticed a pretty big swing in participation depending on what game we play. But I'll try being more dictatorial and see how that goes.

I'll create the post tomorrow, but the next game is Ninja Gaiden, so get started.

Chris

I DID try this one, but it seems I suck as much at fake pinball as real pinball. :ponder:

Sorry for not posting a reply eariler saying I sucked at this one. RL also cramped my style.

Chris

I really hate point pressing Ninja Gaiden. That game drove me crazy for a bit. And those DAMN BIRDS!

B

• 2 weeks later...