IGNORED

PS Vita price announced

BDW

NVG game cards will be available in 2 GB and 4 GB sizes. 5 — 10% of the writeable space will be reserved for save data, patches, etc. Higher-capacity game cards are planned to be made available for future releases

I believe the reserved space is also for paid DLC etc. While I still distrust DLC and if I do get a Vita I will still be very selective of any DLC I buy - but I like this approach better than how it's done so far. At least once it's downloaded, even if it's obviously tied to that specific game card, you know it should be safe for as long as the card/game itself functions.

Now, if they add extra bullshitery (That is now a word) that will tie that card-based DLC also to the Vita it was downloaded onto, I'll take back everything positive I just said about it and will start demanding it's death in boiling oil.

I won't be buying it at launch anyway. I can afford to wait and see what other "surprises" are in store that aren't being shown off quite so willingly. (like the eula, etc. The thing that effectively killed Nintendo's chance of selling me a 3DS even if they paid me to take it.)

• Like 1

NVG game cards will be available in 2 GB and 4 GB sizes. 5 — 10% of the writeable space will be reserved for save data, patches, etc. Higher-capacity game cards are planned to be made available for future releases

I believe the reserved space is also for paid DLC etc. While I still distrust DLC and if I do get a Vita I will still be very selective of any DLC I buy - but I like this approach better than how it's done so far. At least once it's downloaded, even if it's obviously tied to that specific game card, you know it should be safe for as long as the card/game itself functions.

Now, if they add extra bullshitery (That is now a word) that will tie that card-based DLC also to the Vita it was downloaded onto, I'll take back everything positive I just said about it and will start demanding it's death in boiling oil.

I won't be buying it at launch anyway. I can afford to wait and see what other "surprises" are in store that aren't being shown off quite so willingly. (like the eula, etc. The thing that effectively killed Nintendo's chance of selling me a 3DS even if they paid me to take it.)

:thumbsup:

No physical media and AT&T as a carrier? Not interested.

It does have physical media. Software for the PlayStation Vita will be distributed on NVG Cards, a new proprietary flash card format, rather than on Universal Media Discs (UMDs) used by the original PlayStation Portable. NVG game cards will be available in 2 GB and 4 GB sizes. 5 — 10% of the writeable space will be reserved for save data, patches, etc. Higher-capacity game cards are planned to be made available for future releases

Still doesn't wash off the stink of AT&T as the 3G provider. :x

AT&T doesn't have the best coverage which sucks for people in areas with spotty coverage. They also have capped data plans as opposed to lots of other smartphone providers which still offer unlimited data plans.

I'll probably get this the way I got the first one. For $100 at a pawn shop a year after release. By then the bugs will be worked out, and we'll just see if it is worth having. The last generation of handhelds didn't do anything for me, but so far I'mliking the 3DS, hopefully the PSP Vita will be worth it too.

Wait, since when were people hating on AT&T? Someone fill me in, please. I never have had any issues with AT&T. Ever.

You've never lived in our neck of the woods then. There are a LOT of places AT&T simply doesn't work. I don't mean works spotily, I mean doesn't work.

I'll probably get this the way I got the first one. For $100 at a pawn shop a year after release. By then the bugs will be worked out, and we'll just see if it is worth having. The last generation of handhelds didn't do anything for me, but so far I'mliking the 3DS, hopefully the PSP Vita will be worth it too.

Wait, since when were people hating on AT&T? Someone fill me in, please. I never have had any issues with AT&T. Ever.

You've never lived in our neck of the woods then. There are a LOT of places AT&T simply doesn't work. I don't mean works spotily, I mean doesn't work.

Sorry. I guess I need to get out more.

I have already decided I am not in favor of Sony's business plan regarding the NGP/Sony Vita. So you pay MORE for a version to pay more money to AT&T which will charge you more if you go over the alloted amount of data in your plan? How much data do you think will be using while playing online? Quite a lot. These exclusivity deals piss me off something fierce.

I have already decided I am not in favor of Sony's business plan regarding the NGP/Sony Vita. So you pay MORE for a version to pay more money to AT&T which will charge you more if you go over the alloted amount of data in your plan? How much data do you think will be using while playing online? Quite a lot. These exclusivity deals piss me off something fierce.

I've heard that you can't play games onliine with 3g, you would have to be connected to wifi for online games, the 3g is to "stay connected" and useless stuff like that.

Have they officially said that you'll be responsible for data charges? iPad or Kindle model, which is it?