IGNORED

What is your most rare colecovision game

Seeing as I have a near complete collection of original '80s releases (sans Super Sketch, Boulder Dash, Amazing Bumpman and European Bit Corp releases), I'll focus my answer of Homebrew creations. I have cartridge #01/75 of Ms. Space Fury... a game developed by Daniel Bienvenu and assembled and distributed by Joe Santulli of Digital Press fame.

post-25956-0-04555800-1307802927_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-70061900-1307802935_thumb.jpg

Wow NIAD I am very jealous, any chance of getting pictures of the Bit Corp or are they at least going to be in the new colecovision web site?

I have a near complete CIB collection as well but now I know not close to as good as NIAD :sad:

I have Eduardo prototype 1/5 Comic Bakery, Super Sketch CIB, Skiing, Amazing Bumpman

I have a digital press ms space fury as well but no signature on the back with number release. Does that mean it is a fake or did Digital Press release extras without that?

I have a Maze Maniac cart as well which I hear they didn't make many of those.

Edited by ColecoDan

Hmmm, near complete collection of the original releases, including, finally, Boulder Dash. Amongst my growing CIB collection, I guess Oil's Well, Learning With Leeper, Threshold, and a sealed Qbert's Qubes. A pretty complete homebrew collection including Kevtris, and three of Eduardo's four Opcode protos....anyone got an Exerion for sale? ;)

Hmmm, near complete collection of the original releases, including, finally, Boulder Dash. Amongst my growing CIB collection, I guess Oil's Well, Learning With Leeper, Threshold, and a sealed Qbert's Qubes. A pretty complete homebrew collection including Kevtris, and three of Eduardo's four Opcode protos....anyone got an Exerion for sale? ;)

It was on sale on ebay for Buy it now $500 a couple of weeks ago you missed it.

Wow NIAD I am very jealous, any chance of getting pictures of the Bit Corp or are they at least going to be in the new colecovision web site?

I have a near complete CIB collection as well but now I know not close to as good as NIAD :sad:

I have Eduardo prototype 1/5 Comic Bakery, Super Sketch CIB, Skiing, Amazing Bumpman

I have a digital press ms space fury as well but no signature on the back with number release. Does that mean it is a fake or did Digital Press release extras without that?

I have a Maze Maniac cart as well which I hear they didn't make many of those.

Sorry ColecoDan, I should have been more clear... near complete collection of 80's releases LOOSE, not CIB. I don't have the patience to hunt down all those boxes and I applaud all of you who do collect CIB. Maybe one day, I will stumble upon someone selling off their boxes (like that recent eBay auction), but it would have to be a large number to make me take the dive into CIB collecting... say at least 75.

"SANS" the Bit Corp titles, meaning I don't have. I had the opportunity to buy Meteoric Shower in the 80's, but I thought the guy was trying to scam me since he wouldn't allow me to try the game on an ADAM at the store. Thankfully I didn't buy it as it would have been sold off with the rest of my original collection back in '98.

As far as the Ms. Space Fury cart, the one I have came directly from Joe Santulli/Digital Press and was the store copy they used for demoing purposes. Actually, I had to send it back to him as the cart was dead when I received it and Joe gratitiously took it back to fix.

Maze Maniac!!!! One was sold on eBay a couple of months ago and I mixed up the "Ending Time" and therefore missed out on an opportunity to get that one. :x

It was on sale on ebay for Buy it now $500 a couple of weeks ago you missed it.

Yah, I saw that but didn't feel like paying $500 for it at that time as I had just made two very large Intellivision purchases. Two systems competing for the same dollars is a pain some times. :)

Actually I guess it begs the question, does anyone have a copy of all four of the Opcode protos? I have Galaga #5 of 5, Comic Bakery #5 of 5, and Track and Field 2 #1 of 5. Maybe I should have spent the $500 in hindsight. :dunce:

Edited by cmart604

For my collection, the one it took me the longest to find so far (which to me makes it the rarest!) was One on One CIB. The 'rarest' including homebrews, is probably my signed Ghostblaster cartridge. :)

Maze Maniac is a great game! One of my homebrew faves! I played that like crazy a few years ago and *thought* I'd won a contest to win a free cart, but got bit by the 'timezone' bug and missed the entry deadline by a short period. I think they went by their server time instead of local time or something.

For my collection, the one it took me the longest to find so far (which to me makes it the rarest!) was One on One CIB.

I saw a One on One CIB on Ebay March of last year, I really wanted to buy it, I forgot about the auction ending time and someone won it for 60 some dollars. I was sick about it. It not only seems rare boxed, but the front picture with then young Basketball legends Larry Bird and Dr. J is freaking super cool. Here is some pictures I saved from the auction.

post-23318-0-54463500-1307900455_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-27586500-1307900457_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-72770900-1307900458_thumb.jpg

There is a rarity guide in the forums that was an attempt at updating the old rarity guides that you can find searching on the internet. A quick scan of the topics in this forum would find it for yourself.

I don't want to make you feel worse Yurkie but on ebay probably around the same 1 yr time period a buy it now for $10 was on a CIB One on one. I was thinking of getting it but already had a CIB copy of it and I don't really buy things for shear profit of it. Don't know why I didn't buy it because I should have but it didn't last long. It was probably on the board for a total of 1/2 hour and only lasted about 10 minutes longer after I saw it. I am suprised the one you saw only went for $60 that is a pretty good price as well.

I was able to get a CIB Memory Manor a few months back and I should have put that in my rare findings because that one seems to be very hard to find even though it is not rated that high in rarity on the guides.

My rarest item is probably an official label for Fireman from coleconut... I still need to put the cart together... .

edit: by "official", I mean the regular one that coleconut had made a year or two ago. Nothing special.

Edited by 5-11under