IGNORED

Problem to insert tape on Win994a simulator

sharapos

Make sure the files are in the Tapes directory:

C:\Program Files\BurrSoft\Win994a\Tapes

Also, make sure your user login has permission to use the files.

Mark

The files are in the Tapes directory. For the permission how I know whether I have the login. When I double-click a tape,

it opens in the disk manager window.

• 5 months later...

Hi, all. I'm new, and I wasn't sure whether I should start a new thread or reply to this one. Anyway, I too am having trouble with tapes.

I removed the Read-Only check in the Properties for each tape file, and that made me able to insert a tape and even rewind it. But after that, I have no idea what to do. Once the tape is inserted, the only option I get is to press 1 for Basic. After I do that, what do I type to get to the tape? The tapes are all in the Tapes directory. It's been many years since I've used the TI994a, and I remember very little about the commands.

Hi, all. I'm new, and I wasn't sure whether I should start a new thread or reply to this one. Anyway, I too am having trouble with tapes.

I removed the Read-Only check in the Properties for each tape file, and that made me able to insert a tape and even rewind it. But after that, I have no idea what to do. Once the tape is inserted, the only option I get is to press 1 for Basic. After I do that, what do I type to get to the tape? The tapes are all in the Tapes directory. It's been many years since I've used the TI994a, and I remember very little about the commands.

From Basic: OLD CS1 or OLD CS2

From E\A option 5: CS1 or CS2

Gazoo

First, reset the tape position counter to 0.

Then select TI BASIC

Then type OLD CS1

Press ENTER

The tape will load.

post-24932-0-03531500-1323177612_thumb.png

Here's a test tape image. Place this in the TAPES folder (C:\Program Files\BurrSoft\Win994a\Tapes)

test_tape.zip

The tape contains a small test program for TI BASIC.

Hope this helps

Mark

Thanks for the answers. I wasn't able to find the e/a option, but I did download and insert the test tape and it worked! Then I loaded a disk and that seems to have worked too. Thanks. :)

Anyway, then I inserted the Disk "Pirate Adventure". It loads, but then says, "Error - No Data Found". Is there any way I can make it work? It's been a while since I downloaded the Disk files, so I don't remember exactly where I got them, but I was under the impression that it was the official Win994a site and that they were all working files. Another confusing thing is that it says "Rewind Casette Tape" as though it were a tape. :?

Use the RXB Cartridge that comes with Win994a latest update.

CALL BASIC takes you to Basic or RXB runs Basic (but without Assembly support) or CALL EA puts you in the EA module.

(This works on RXB 2001 or RXB 2012)

I prefer to run Basic from RXB as you can do a CALL CAT(1) to catalog a disk drive or CALL SIZE from a running program to see the size while running Basic.

(Makes debugging and editing much more easy, watch my video on the RXB / GKXB Editor built into RXB)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln8W3TMDy2k

Edited by RXB

How do I get to that Editor/Assembler screen?

Click Carts.

Click Insert Cartridge.

Highlight Editor Assembler in Cartridge Selection list.

Click Insert Cart.

Press any key.

Press 2 for EDITOR/ASSEMBLER.

It may help for you to play around with the menus and find out what everything does there before trying to load tapes and disks.

Gazoo

Thanks for the help. I have opened the E/A screen and checked out the different options. But the weird thing is that no matter what I try, it doesn't work. Like in the Assembler screen, it says Dsk#.ASSM1, and when I press Enter, I just get an I/o error. The only thing I have been able to do successfully so far is play games (on cartridge files).

• 5 years later...

Tried it today...

I can only play Carts

Tapes and disk will not "insert", get I/O occurred...

Help?

I am using ver. 3.010 (x64)

Is it possible to use the files with C99?

Mvh

Odd K.

Do the disk image files end in “.TIDisk” or “.DSK”? They should end in “.TIDisk” to be used by Win994a. You should be able to rename any DSK images as TIDisk images (except, possibly, PC99 DSK images).

...lee

Do the disk image files end in “.TIDisk” or “.DSK”? They should end in “.TIDisk” to be used by Win994a. You should be able to rename any DSK images as TIDisk images (except, possibly, PC99 DSK images).

...lee

Yes Win994a only uses the v9t9 or fiad formats, not pc99. Carts need to be TICart, I believe.

Tapes are ???.TITape

Disks are ???.TIDisk

Carts are ???.TICart

So that is OK.

Only for Win994a, not for the other emulators. Win994a uses the v9t9 disk format internally, so any v9t9 disk can be renamed and used, just rename the dsk extension to TIDISK and mount it according to Cory's instructions, the TICART format, uses some internal features in the file, for a counter and so, is not wav compatible, I believe.

Edited by RickyDean