IGNORED

question from new atari computer user

Hi

I recently acquired an Atari 520 STFM. It has a coaxial cable to connect to the tv.

I have looked up the adaptor I need to make it to show up on the screen and I think it is this exact product:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2605068722821?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260506872282&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Is this correct? If this is not could somebody please tell me what the right adaptor is?

I would be grateful for any help I can get because I am new to all this.

Regards

Viking24

• Like 1

Hi

I recently acquired an Atari 520 STFM. It has a coaxial cable to connect to the tv.

I have looked up the adaptor I need to make it to show up on the screen and I think it is this exact product:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2605068722821?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260506872282&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Is this correct? If this is not could somebody please tell me what the right adaptor is?

I would be grateful for any help I can get because I am new to all this.

Regards

Viking24

You could use that connected directly to the back of the ST and the COAX between it and the TV.

The other way is to get a connector that is the exact opposite of that one. You get a male COAX to female RCA and attach it to the tv. Then use a standard RCA cable between the two.

By doing it the second way, use can use any RCA RF device on the TV. Just plug it in.

post-6701-0-79479800-1307844612_thumb.jpg

The way I did it was I connected a 5' length of coax cable to the TV antenna input and ran the other end so it is accessible from the front of the TV, and attached a female coax to female RCA adapter to that end of the coax cable. Any time I want to play an old RF based game system, I can easily plug it in.

post-6701-0-33602500-1307844612_thumb.jpg

Hi

Thanks for the help, I think it is more cost effective to get the male coax to female RCA, then if I purchase any other old computers/consoles I won't have to buy a new adaptor.

I can't wait to play on this I have 'The New Zealand Story' and it looks like a lot of fun.

Also 'Gauntlet II' looks good.

Hi

Thanks for the help, I think it is more cost effective to get the male coax to female RCA, then if I purchase any other old computers/consoles I won't have to buy a new adaptor.

I can't wait to play on this I have 'The New Zealand Story' and it looks like a lot of fun.

Also 'Gauntlet II' looks good.

Congrats on the STFM. Gauntlet II is really good. Enjoy. :)

If you have a PC with a floopy drive you can download and make these games. You would have access to all the software there is for the ST.

Just search through some posts in the forum here for information on how...