IGNORED

Gran Turismo 2

Animan

GT2 didn't suck me in like the first one, but mainly due to the lack of power of the Playstation...they were clearly overreaching, and the PS just couldn't keep up. So, the game was a little too slow to keep the pace the first one set. One thing I really did like on GT2 was the awesome rally cars on dirt tracks portion...THAT was awesome!

If you can, I'd give Gran Turismo 1 a shot. It's a classic that I've overplayed, but I could never get into 2. For me, 1 and 3 were the best. 2 just had a LOT of cars, but it was lacking something else that I can't quite put my finger on.

Have you played any of the other gran turismos? Do you not like the "realistic" feel to it?

I may have to change my opinion a tad, I started playing gt2 due to this thread, and it's pretty great. I still like GT1 better, but depending on which aspects you didn't like on 2, you may not like 1 either...

I for one loved GT2. I never played GT1. It seems like the GT series has cycles of good and bad games.

I have no comment for GT1 but... GT2 was amazing! GT3 was just okay. GT4 was amazing! GT5 was a big dissapointment. GT6, if the cycle stays the same, will be what GT5 should have been!

I for one loved GT2. I never played GT1. It seems like the GT series has cycles of good and bad games.

I have no comment for GT1 but... GT2 was amazing! GT3 was just okay. GT4 was amazing! GT5 was a big dissapointment. GT6, if the cycle stays the same, will be what GT5 should have been!

You should get an play GT1. It is FAAAAAAST. I thought GT3 and GT4 were very close - both good.

The trouble with anticipating an incredible GT6 is that now there's Forza doing the same/better, so it will never be unique and groundbreaking like it was. Also, we should see GT6 in 2016 if GT5's delays are any indicator. Still, I'd be happy to see GT regain its previous glory.