IGNORED

My Geek Retreat

Hey all!

After browsing a few parts of this site for a magazine article I'm co-writing, I thought I'd take the plunge and sign up. So hi there, my name is James. I'm like a lot of you. I enjoy shiny things from days gone by. While I don't stick to collecting just Atari, it certainly features among my collection. I'm what I like to term an 'active' rather than 'passive' collector - everything you see in these pictures is regularly hooked up and played, I can't just leave it on the shelf.

My girlfriend gets dizzy from the amount of unplugging and plugging I do as Commodore 64's come out and Sega Megadrives go in ;). I'll admit, my strength lies in Commodore/Amiga knowledge rather than Atari (was that hissing I heard from the crowd? :P) so I'm going to be poking and prodding you all with Atari based questions.

Anyway, it's good to be here. I think I'll stick around. Oh, and before I forget - the pics! (and my blog) (http://mygurumeditation.wordpress.com/my-pictures/)

I would have posted them here, but they're all 3MB+ and that might have taken a fair whack of the old intertrons to load.

• Like 3

What I like best is your TV with the round knobs. Love it! :-)

Very nice collection. Many of your games look like australian releases.

Seems like everyone loves the TV. It was a gift from my parents, direct from their shed to my collection :). Also, I probably should have pointed out I'm from Victoria, Australia - hence why many of the titles are Australian releases :). I'm taking delivery today of a whole bunch of Atari HES cartridges (some doubles), which I believe were also Australia only?

You get extra points for having a 500 and a 1200 ;)

Two of my prized possessions along with my CD32 :) (Although I'm still hunting for original controllers for the CD32 :P)

Both the 500 and 1200 could do with a floppy drive clean, but who can find those floppy disk cleaning kits these days!? Well, except for eBay.

i thought the Double Dragon VCS cart said DOUBLE BACON at first. got excited for nothin :sad:

I actually just fired up DD on the 2600 today. Damn! Hardest version of Double Dragon ever. So unforgiving.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Luigi by the TV is genius lol. Very nice setup. And another person reminding me how awesome the vectrex is and that I still need to get one. Great stuff.

Thanks :) And yeah, the Vectrex is ace. I've got some updated pics here - http://mygurumeditation.wordpress.com/2011/07/02/a-collectors-story-in-pictures-again/