IGNORED

Whats The Most You Have Paid For An Atari 2600 Cart?

scorpion

When it gets here, the repro of Halloween I ordered from Al.

Place near my house is to lazy to price out Atari games so they just sell them all for 50 cents each. I've bulked my library considerably from this :D

I did pay $70 or so for a L6 Lot in December that had a ton of games in it. Probably way to much for the games I got but the console was in pristine condition, despite the label having been removed, so I figured it was worth the money.

Simple question really. I think I have only paid around £10 for one so hardly breaking the bank and that was for pitfall 2.

The most I've paid for a single cart since 2008 is $14.

Before that, I remember buying new carts with allowance/lawn mowing money at Toys R Us for around $20-$25 in 1982-1983.

I used to have an atari back in the 80's when I were a kid but it was my parents who used to buy them for me then so no idea how much they paid back then. But since I have started to collect them again like I said the most I have paid is around £10 for pitfall 2 including delivery.

I became victim of the misleading hozer video game The Texas Chainsaw Massacre game on ebay for $77 including S&H :-(

Then I contacted Randy directly and I got 4 repro's for $30.

Same thing happening to me but mine was only $45 including s/h. Which is also the most I've paid for a single cart.

I've never had that much money to spend on games, so I'm notorious for waiting for the absolute cheapest price. I just paid 25 bucks for a copy of Double Dragon, but even with that one I had an ebay coupon. I guess that's still about the most expensive one. I have a couple of games that are worth more, but I got real good deals on those.

So wait....no one on here bought any Atari 2600 game (hacks or homebrews) from the AA store?

Why do you say that? Most of them in the AA store are $25-$30 bucks tops. Some of the boxed ones go for higher but even still rarely over $50. I've bought TONS frm the AA store. Can't remember any being over $30 bucks for a single cart.

The majority of my Atari 2600 collection was acquired by way of bulk lots at garage and rummage sales back in the mid-1990s, so the per-cart price was rather low.

More recently, I paid about Cdn$5 for River Raid II at a thrift shop. ;)

By way of comparison, I have never paid more than about $20 for a PSX or PS 2 game -- and most have been under $15.

So wait....no one on here bought any Atari 2600 game (hacks or homebrews) from the AA store?

I've actually been strongly thinking about picking up Stella's Stocking (if for no other reason than the cover art haha) but I keep telling myself I want to bulk up my collection of commons before I get into homebrews. Depending on the quality of the repro I ordered up, I might just skip buying more commons and grab SS and the other homebrews I've had my eyes on.

Still have a bunch of Imagic and MNetwork games I want to get though. To many games :(

I think I paid around $270 for Funvision Time Warp T-Handle or maybe that's how much it was in Australian money. I can't remember. I just wish it was in British pounds because I need to lose some weight. I've probably spent around $2000 this year on Atari stuff. I think I have a problem. I blame AA for my need to go to AA.

Not yet but I'll probably eventually buy them all to help give an incentive to keep people making homebrews and they will eventually be just as collectable as the classics. I'm tempted to buy two of each and then sell the doubles to you on ebay for $77 each. :D