IGNORED

Possible auction leecher

CrazyImpmon

Just a heads up to the AA crew: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1948005061

The seller linked directly to the manual and ROM file from that auction, and the seller is not familiar. I checked the seller's other auctions, more of the same thing. (not to mention insane price too!)

If the seller did get permission, then OK, no problem here. Otherwise you got about 20 hours to complain to eBay.

It struck me as odd that he had the .bin listed in his auction.

Actually, I thought that was cool. The whole "try before you buy" kinda idea. However, you would think that the sort of thing to cause eBay to give the auction the ole heave-ho.

He is linking directly to AtariGuide.com, not AtariAge.com.  :)

..Al

:lol:

He's posted on this forum before, I think he bought the AtariGuide site from someone and is starting to build up his retail business. For a 2600 dealer his website is slick and the prices are usually fair to high, although I think that $92 auction is a typo.

Yes I just did this because it was free posting day. I was also testing out my program which allows me to do all of this automatically, I spent about 15 minutes acutally creating one thousand auctions. Also you'll notice each page has a huge section with links to atariguide where the right prices are. Nobody is supposed to purchase anything in these auctions, but hey some people have. I'm way too busy right now trying to inventory 5,000 carts that are going onto the website, so I didn't really want to make any sales, but with a free listing day who could resist all the free advertising?

All of my prices are negotiable. I have my entire collection inventoried and on the website (and currently up for auction on ebay ), but I obviously do not want to part with many of these, but would for the prices listed. For alot of games I think my prices are actually quite reasonable, if you want to pick up a bunch of common carts you used to play as a kid, my prices can be better then ebay, and all of my stuff is guaranteed to work.

Here's a list of all carts for sale by price

http://www.atariguide.com/menu/x.htm

Jason