IGNORED

JetBoot Jack.com - revised

Jetboot Jack

I for one, love the site. The main pages lack of tons of graphics makes the site load in less than 2 seconds on 56k, which really matters alot to me, since i get frusterated at my modem easy.

Then, when I go to a game site, like say, Z-force.. there are enough pictures to truely let me know how the game would have turned out, if im too lazy to check out the disk image.

I like. :)

Jetboot Jack,

Ever since you put your site up I have been trying to download the Atr's of your programs without success. Did you just never get a chance to add them or is there something wrong with the links/server? Very cool site and as another modem user I also appreciate the less-graphics approach to your front page. Keep up the great work.

Allan

Zylon Bane - sorry fella, but I care little what the HTML looks like (I'm not creating it directly you see), its the content that matters :) If M$ products create poor HTML - well so be it - as long as the site works for folks who come to see the content....

As to the vector stuff - truth is its only tested on I.E. - I guess the webding icons are scalable to any size as vector obects - thanks for the info...

Allan - those ATR images come down just fine as far as I can tell (I've viewed the site from other PC's and it all works fine) - try Stopping the page downloading, then select the icon of the download and right click "Save as" to get the file....

sTeVE

Moonbase is awful isn't it! It was fairly horrid on the ST and the 8bit version is just terrible...!

I'd love to hear real feedback about the games - they were developed so many years ago they owe me nothing, just try and be kind :)

sTeVE

But, someone must have thought in this time, that this programs must have been good enough to sell.... ;)

Maybe, the best Games for the XL/XE were the Lucasfilm Games.... Most said, that illegal Copies would have killed the Homecomputers... But I could only buy "Ballblazer" and then years ahead nothing, because there were no Games to buy in Stores!!!.... till ... years later ... some "cheap" Labels built conversions on the XL/XE, ... with the standard programming.

I've never seen Pictures like mine MCS in Games...But, for Programmers it must be very easier to create such stuff... So the standard abilities of the XL (as written in Books) were "out of time" and the programmers did work for a "cheap" Product on a "out of time" Homecomputer

At the End there was nobody who wanted to buy such Games.

Steve, great site... i like the "rasterbars"... remembers me to my 1040ste... ;)

Z-force looks promissing...

steve, how much have you paid for the licenses to psygnosis? what kind of deal was it? had you to pay a fixed royalty to psygnosis or did they make a "standard" deal which means they got royalities by sales & some signing fee??? but i guess not as their interest in 8bit atari titles could be zero...

hve

The thing I liked best about the games posted is they had a quality graphics feel to them - too often the C64 versions of games came out looking better due to folks not spending a bit of extra time with the 8bits graphics capabilities - too bad they never were finished.

Shadow is very impressive with all the vents going on and the speed - then again the enemy stuff wasnt fully implemented

The thing I liked best about the games posted is they had a quality graphics feel to them - too often the C64 versions of games came out looking better due to folks not spending a bit of extra time with the 8bits graphics capabilities - too bad they never were finished.

That's true :(

With only a good Software-Sprite-Routine, that is able to set the Sprite data with the size of max. 4*6 Chars into Font Memory(not the Chars on the Screen), Games like "The Last Ninja" are fully convertable to the ATARI!

IF the "Sprite" is before or behind a Wall, can be set by changing the Char on the Screen....nothing to do by the Sprite-Routine...

If this is impossible on the ATARI XL/XE ... maybe, the C64 WAS the better Computer for Games..

:|

Zylon - your point is interesting about Lucasarts Games, since in my conversations with the guys who did them lead me to understand that Ballblazer and Rescue on Fractalus were both born from ideas for good looking graphic routines whereas Rift and Eidolon were designed as game concepts before they were coded up…

Emkay – Ninja’s demo worked exactly as the C64 one did – and its really simple. For every object (built from characters) that the ninja could go behind there was a sprite data mask in RAM, which makes holes in the visible PMG data. This mask is copied into the sprite as it is drawn to simulate it going behind objects when in reality it is not…

sTeVE

• 1 month later...

Hi Steve,

I've just visited your site and am still reeling at the unreleased games you have there. Shadow of the Beast looks so good with its subtle choice of colour as do the demo screens of Pacland - the only other game that springs to mind with so much colour on screen is Timeslip. What a shame Pacland never was released.

Any updates on the Last Ninja yet? Even screenshots?

Avram

I found out why certain people cannot download your files...Backslashes have no business being in a URL (Reference circle in attached picture). Non-IE browsers will choke badly on this like they should.

BTW, using MS-Word and MS-Publisher to make web pages is a bad idea, I've seen them generate pages that cant even be used correctly by IE. That coupled with the fact that IE only accounts for 60-70% of the browser market. Un top of that, some people run older versions of IE or Mac versions of IE, since will also come to a screeching halt when they hit the backslash. If you want something that will make halfway decent HTML code, use Netscape Communicator 4.7 or even Frontpage or Frontpage Express.[/img]

post-2648-1044879174_thumb.png