IGNORED

Jagulator 2.0.0 (Preview) Released

SubQMod

SubQMod:

Huge fan of your work (old and new). Never knew you were the author of the "old" Jagulator. I'm very exited to see what you will bring to the community this time.

Which approach are you taking with jagulator? Low or high level emulation?

I have one tiny remark while your busy on the userinterface:

There's quite a huge community (basicly everyone that uses a frontent) that runs emulators through commandline like this: "emu.exe -rom tempest.jag".

Shamus:

Is there another public svn repository for vj than the trunk of shamusworld? I would love to keep track on changes. From forum posts on your official forum I understand there's a lot going on but the trunk hasn't significantly changed for quite a while.

Shamus:

Is there another public svn repository for vj than the trunk of shamusworld? I would love to keep track on changes. From forum posts on your official forum I understand there's a lot going on but the trunk hasn't significantly changed for quite a while.

Since this thread is about Jagulator and I don't want to hijack this thread, I'm going to create a different thread to answer this. See you there. ;)

Here's what it's telling me.. This was with Alien vs Predator, but it did the same thing with Tempest 2000... Anyone else getting this error?

It looks like you have the 'fullboot' option selected or it has not loaded the rom (in which case it will execute from the boot rom).

Try entering 'fullboot 0' before loading the rom. Also, one bug which I have noticed is that when the rom does not load a pop-up is displayed saysing so, however, it does not get the main focus and can sit behind other windows. The new update I am working on with a gui interface resolves most rom loading issues. Hope to finish up some release code today for this.

• Like 2

The new update I am working on with a gui interface resolves most rom loading issues. Hope to finish up some release code today for this.

Saw the front page news & status page/photos updates on the site earlier, FE & slightly better compatibility for 2.0.2 later today? :thumbsup:

The new update I am working on with a gui interface resolves most rom loading issues. Hope to finish up some release code today for this.

Saw the front page news & status page/photos updates on the site earlier, FE & slightly better compatibility for 2.0.2 later today? :thumbsup:

Thats the hope. Got two more little bits to implement then release 2.0.2 later tonight. Bear with me, still have to feed the kids and get them settled in bed first ;)

• Like 2

The family went hungry for you guys ;)

Release 2.0.2 is now available on the project website http://www.jagulator.com.

Please read the notes on the latest post as there are a few setup changes to watch for...

Enjoy and please feed back your requests, issues etc here or to one of the contact methods on the contact page of the website.

Cheers :)

P.S. Some people have asked the spec of my PC after seeing Jagulator running on YouTube. Well, its running Windows 7 (32-Bit), has an Intel E2200 @ 2.2Ghz with 2Gb Memory Installed.

P.P.S.

Edited by SubQMod
  • Like 3

The family went hungry for you guys ;)

Release 2.0.2 is now available on the project website http://www.jagulator.com.

Please read the notes on the latest post as there are a few setup changes to watch for...

Enjoy and please feed back your requests, issues etc here or to one of the contact methods on the contact page of the website.

Cheers :)

Looks very nice.

I do miss the console spam though :). It makes it feel so 90's.

I downloaded the new version.

The user interface is much more fun even if the options are grayed parties.

Also, I notice a bug because the video window does not close when I click the red cross.

Strongly that you manage the full screen mode. Do not forget also the command line to launch a game such as switch-fs "full path to the game." -fs in full screen or otherwise in the last video mode set.

I much prefer this new version.

Very promising.

in french

j'ai téléchargé la nouvelle version.

L'interface utilisateur est bien plus sympa même si les options sont en partis grisées.

Par ailleurs, je remarque un bug car la fenêtre vidéo ne se ferme pas lorsque je clique sur la croix rouge.

Vivement que tu gères le mode plein écran. N'oublies pas aussi dans la ligne de commande de pouvoir lancer un jeu avec comme switch par exemple -fs "chemin complet du jeu". -fs pour plein écran ou sinon dans le dernier mode vidéo paramétré.

Je préfère largement cette nouvelle version.

Très prometteur.

I ran through the compatibility list and updated it. Not much changed(as you said) but I had a few games not in the original list that I added.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B91RHCTG

bug:

Looks like you have some old loader code left when opening homebrew. I'm only able to play homebrew when the file name has no spaces. Hence I did not check their compatibility yet.

feature:

I noticed j64 file format is not in the open rom file filter so will not be shown unless I set the filter to *.*

I ran through the compatibility list and updated it. Not much changed(as you said) but I had a few games not in the original list that I added.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B91RHCTG

bug:

Looks like you have some old loader code left when opening homebrew. I'm only able to play homebrew when the file name has no spaces. Hence I did not check their compatibility yet.

feature:

I noticed j64 file format is not in the open rom file filter so will not be shown unless I set the filter to *.*

Thanks for the feedback. Will check through the items you highlighted and have a look at the compat list shortly. Back to coding ;)

• Like 1

Hello SubQMod

Have you planned in the development, adding the launch of a game by the command line and can go full screen

Thank you for your answer.

en français

SubQMod bonjour

As tu planifié dans le developpement, l'ajout du lancement d'un jeu par la ligne de commande et pouvoir passer en mode plein ecran

Merci de ta réponse.

Hello SubQMod

Have you planned in the development, adding the launch of a game by the command line and can go full screen

en français

SubQMod bonjour

As tu planifié dans le developpement, l'ajout du lancement d'un jeu par la ligne de commande et pouvoir passer en mode plein ecran

Merci de ta réponse.

I'm using basic windowed SDL for now whilst I attempt to improve the backend and compatibility. Once it is more complete, like VJ, then I will probably move to a DirectX Windowed/FullScreen solution.

• Like 2

Hello SubQMod

en français

SubQMod bonjour

Merci de ta réponse.

I'm using basic windowed SDL for now whilst I attempt to improve the backend and compatibility. Once it is more complete, like VJ, then I will probably move to a DirectX Windowed/FullScreen solution.

This is really cool!!!!

SubQ

I downloaded the source of 1.51 this week. Do you still write your code as clean and well commented as back then?

:) yes, its still highly commented, which is why it probably takes so long to write...

As an example of some of the code I am currently writing...

mov   edx, dword ptr jaguarMemory+A1_FLAGS            // get a1 flags data
     ror   edx, 16                                         // swap high and low words
     and   edx, 0x001F7FFB                                 // mask active bits
     mov   eax, edx                                        // copy flags data
     mov   ebx, edx                                        // copy flags data
     and   eax, 0x00000003                                 // mask pitch value
     shr   ebx, 3                                          // shift to pixel size
     mov   [a1Pitch], eax                                  // store pitch
     and   ebx, 0x00000007                                 // mask pixel size
     mov   [a1Depth], ebx                                  // store pixel size

• Like 2