IGNORED

RGB in 5200

eightbitter

For some time there VBXE, which allows for an RGB image. This module is mounted in one of my 5200th. Picture a wonderful and clean, without distortion and streaking :cool: Look at http://atariarea.krap.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7476

Prepared the little installation instructions: http://www.dereatari.republika.pl/VBXE5200.doc

Edited by eightbitter
  • Like 1

Candle wrote me that will be VBXE 3.0 in future, but when exactly :?

You should remember that VBXE was designed for Atari XL/XE series, so 5200 special needs, and then most of the core capabilities VBXE not be able to be used.

Atari 5200 needs fresh blood, it must go forward. There are already good solutions (ie Ultimate SD cartridge), but the need for new and better games, using stereo sound, additional memory and graphics VBXE.

XL/XE and 5200 systems are very similar, need to use the achievements of others for better play.

Edited by eightbitter

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

http://www.lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=82

I believe that one should work. There are plenty of people who can help you with the connection points if no one has a pre-baked set of instructions for the 5200 yet..

That would be awesome. If you could direct me to someone who could help that would be great. I want to run RGB SCART to my PVM and my flatscreen via the Framemeister...

Scart is already 15khz RGB so you shouldn't have a problem with that. What is a framemeister?

Alternatively, it is possible to install/flash the VBXE to do 31khz RGB and thus hook directly to a VGA style input.

You should PM Lotharek on here. He can point you in the right direction for sure.

Edited by MEtalGuy66
  • Like 1

Scart is already 15khz RGB so you shouldn't have a problem with that. What is a framemeister?

Alternatively, it is possible to install/flash the VBXE to do 31khz RGB and thus hook directly to a VGA style input.

You should PM Lotharek on here. He can point you in the right direction for sure.

Thank you for your reply. The Framemeister (aka x-rgb mini) is a high quality upscaler device for converting RGB SCART into 720p or 1080p HDMI.

I will definitely PM Lotharek. Thanks for your help!

Thanks Lilralphie. Didn't know this still exists. It,'s a nearby like solution. I ordered a VBXE.

I've also PM eightbitter asking if he still has the instructions. I'll not, we can figure out how to install it.

Awesome.

I PM'ed eightbitter when I started the reply too - didn't hear back yet but will certainly post if I do.

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts as you approach the VBXE. Would you mind taking pics as you do so? I know that www.retrorgb.com would update their info if we can lay out how to do it!

http://www.lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=82

I believe that one should work. There are plenty of people who can help you with the connection points if no one has a pre-baked set of instructions for the 5200 yet..

MEtalGuy66, I owe you the thank you for posting the link to lotharek site. That did not show up in prior Google searches I did.

Lilralphie, I ordered a VBXE from lotharek's web site. Have already received confirmation that order received and it Will ship this Monday. If you have a frameister xrgb mini you really want to RGB mod your old systems. I installed RGB kits in NES, Atari 2600 and Intellivision. NES is the hardest to do if you do not have a desoldering iron.

• Like 1

MEtalGuy66, I owe you the thank you for posting the link to lotharek site. That did not show up in prior Google searches I did.

Lilralphie, I ordered a VBXE from lotharek's web site. Have already received confirmation that order received and it Will ship this Monday. If you have a frameister xrgb mini you really want to RGB mod your old systems. I installed RGB kits in NES, Atari 2600 and Intellivision. NES is the hardest if you do not have a desoldering iron.

Great. Excited to hear your experience!