IGNORED

RGB in 5200

eightbitter

• 3 weeks later...

If that's the case, just shoot a note to Lotharek before you order it. I am sure he can do that for you before he ships it if you are unable to do it yourself..

But yeah, you want the FPGA core that does the 31khz output without all the AMIGA-like graphics mode enhancements..

Edited by MEtalGuy66
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry to resurrect this, but does anyone offer installation services for this on a 5200?

I don't think so considering eightbitter's the only one who's done it so far. Wanting RGB on the 5200 is a pretty niche thing to be honest so there probably wouldn't be much interest in installation services. Plus the VBXE is overkill if you just want RGB output.

I agree it might be overkill but I'm not sure of any other way to do it LOL

It'd be nice if someone designed something similar to the 2600RGB for the Atari 8-bit line and the 5200. I don't need the extra functionality of the VBXE (which is all currently useless on the 5200 anyway), just something that will provide nice 15 KHz RGB.
  • Like 1

If that's the case, just shoot a note to Lotharek before you order it. I am sure he can do that for you before he ships it if you are unable to do it yourself..

But yeah, you want the FPGA core that does the 31khz output without all the AMIGA-like graphics mode enhancements..

I sent a message to Lotharek...no luck. He said he would be unable to support it. Anyone here able to help get it programmed for this mod?

I also have contacted Tim Worthington who did the 2600RGB mod. He has no plans to support the 5200. So this is it atm.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...