IGNORED

Upcoming Virtual Jaguar 2.0.0 release

Shamus

wow, nice work ggn.

Sorry I didn't get back to you, had a bit of a crap day yesterday tbh....nothing to bad, it was just a crappy day.

Right...well.....do you want me to still whack this on my ftp server? I might take a bit of flak from the sys admin, but I can sort that out I think :D

Just let me know and once I manage to get IE to actually complete the downlaod I'll pop it on the ftp and post the link.

Cheers, Ricardo

I have no problems with this - and if someone manages to get the thing running with the changes I proposed above, you could even incorporate them to the .rar so it'd be as simple as possible for new/inexperienced users.

r365 for MacOS

Tried a few of these and no dice running them. I suspect it is down to missing QT framework. The 'send info to apple' detail has the following in it:

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: QtOpenGL.framework/Versions/4/QtOpenGL

Referenced from: /Users/graeme/Downloads/virtualjaguar 2.app/Contents/MacOS/virtualjaguar

Reason: image not found

Where can I download appropriate QT framework? I suspect I don't already have it installed and suspect this may be the reason others have had issues running under OSX.

Cheers

Tried a few of these and no dice running them. I suspect it is down to missing QT framework. The 'send info to apple' detail has the following in it:

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: QtOpenGL.framework/Versions/4/QtOpenGL

Referenced from: /Users/graeme/Downloads/virtualjaguar 2.app/Contents/MacOS/virtualjaguar

Reason: image not found

Where can I download appropriate QT framework? I suspect I don't already have it installed and suspect this may be the reason others have had issues running under OSX.

Cheers

You can download the framework from here:

http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/qt-for-open-source-cpp-development-on-mac-os-x

Also, here's r370 for MacOS

virtualjaguar-macOS-r370.zip

Hi,

After torturing the D-bug server a bit, I managed (hopefully!) to make an automated build script for the Windows versions. The idea is that it will build the svn version every 4 hours and host the file here (we'll know tomorrow if this works!).

• Like 2

Well, we're getting very close now, the controller config is almost 100%. BTW goldenegg, are you building 32 or 64 bit executables? Also, have you noticed any speed boost when using the DSP without audio playback? :)

I'm building 64-bit executables.

Can't say I've noticed much speed difference without audio. The last version I have built is 375. Have you made any changes since which might show a performance difference? I'll give 380 a try tomorrow.

No, no optimizations yet. I just know some people have had better performance by using the DSP without audio playback. Most of the improvements are in the UI, but there are a few improvements to the compatibility of the underlying emulation. :)

• Like 2

GGN's windows vrs. build-a-tron keeps on working hard - 383 is sitting waiting :)

If you've not played with VJ for a while, it's worth having a tinker - seems to be some games get further & work better in recent builds, surprising stuff.

/me still massively overjoyed at all the Jaguar emulator activity in recent times!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hrm, I wonder what happened to goldenegg? If you (goldenegg!) see this, plz look at SDLEmu for a possible MacOSX fix for the config dialog. I'm not going to commit this until I know it works. :D

Edited by Shamus

I'm here :)

Looks like I forgot to post r385 here, so here it is. Nothing has changed since, right?

EDIT:

Looks like I'm not getting e-mail updates from the other forum, which is why I didn't know there were updates to the thread there.

EDIT 2:

The keyboard fix worked. Here's an updated r385 build with e working controller config for MacOS.

virtualjaguar-macOS-r385.zip

virtualjaguar-macOS-r385-fixed.zip

• Like 2

r386 is the latest, with the MacOSX fix for the keyboard config. With this latest rev, I think we're finally at a point where we can do the 2.0.0 release. So, if you've been using it and have any gripes, please speak up so they can (hopefully) be addressed. ;)

No issues from me for a 2.0 release. There is one user reporting a crash on Lion over at the other forum, but I've been unable to replicate it on 5 other systems. I know there are SDL issues on Lion, so it's possible that's the cause.

Here's r386 for MacOS.

@doctorclu

I didn't bother making this a universal binary. Given it barely runs full speed on modern systems, I wouldn't expect very good performance on that platform. Since it's such a PITA to build a universal binary with QT, I will not be compiling it as such for now. If a future version brings more optimized performance, I'd be willing to compile a universal binary as long as there isn't code doesn't get added which simply won't work on the platform (i.e. Intel specific assembly for optimization).

virtualjaguar-macOS-r386.zip

• Like 1

Sorry for my ignorance but is there a win version of the r387 beta? If not it's ok. Also what type of specs are required to run this. I know it's still in beta stages and always being developed but when I try beta r364 the games run extremely slow. My System specs are as follows. CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @2.83GHZ RAM: 12GB DDR3 Video: 1GB Nvidia GTX 280 OS: WIN Vista Ultimate X64. I would imagine that I should be able to run the emulator but am unsure of the required specs for it. I'm so looking forward to constant Jaguar emulation. I'm running out of space and unfortunately my Jag will be boxed soon. I would love the ability to enjoy it's greatness on my computer! Keep up the great work guys!!