IGNORED

How to display my cartridges

Propane13

Hello all,

I have a lot of "loose" cartridges, and I have a bookshelf.

I want to put my carts in there such that you can just pull one out at a time and play it.

I could just "stack them", but this won't work with M-Network carts.

So, I was wondering-- what have other people done?

Note that for my boxed stuff, that was easy enough to take care of, but the loose guys are giving me troubles.

Ideally, I'd like the end labels visible, and allow people to just grab and play.

Ideas? What have others done?

-John

I would suggest instead of staking them on top of each other...stack them horizontally: Lay a piece of wood in between too; to seperate them.

Also maybe add bookends on each side?

[][][][][][][]

--------------

[][][][][][][]

Instead of:

[][]

[][]

[][]

[][]

[][]

My idea is to build a set of shelves using 2 1'x6" boards with dowels running in between, 3 dowels per "shelf". 2 dowels would make up the bottom of each shelf and the third would make up the back. The dowels could be positioned so that the carts point upward in the front, making them easily viewable.

Not sure if I got the idea across, and I couldn't find a good pic. :(

The best I could find: http://shallay.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/bookcase-002.jpg

Do you know the CD shelfes from Deja (no, not me) :lol: ?

They used a simple lock system to hold the CDs on place.

On the backside of the slot, there's a kind of spring or spring steel sheet (actual made of plastic).

In front there is a little kind of bump on the lower part of the slot to keep the CD in position.

To eject the CD you simply have to lift it up over the bump and it springs out a little, so you can easy take it out of the slot.

Simple but very effective and it looks real good and "tidy" ;)

Thus should be easy to (re)build for Atari carts

Edited by Deja-Q

Those old wooden cassette tape holders work well. Sizes vary. You just pluck out enough of the slats to configure your cartridges how you like them. The larger ones can get heavy when full, but with some proper supporting brackets you could hang them on a wall.

Here is a large one eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2306194775661?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230619477566&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] on ebay, but they can be found at flea markets, garage sales and thrift stores, usually for cheap.