IGNORED

SIDE next HDD for Atari 8 bit preorder

zaxon

Well 4.7 is still in beta, that's why I have the menu default on.

Normally the menu should be off and the system can boot either in MyIDE-mode or SDX-mode.

holding SHIFT during powerup or reset+powerup the user gets the menu.

I can compile a version for you to checkout, no problem.

Do you want SDX or MyIDE as default, or shall I compile both versions?

I added fat32-formatting to the new version. So you can init a card with MyIDE, then use FAT32-format

to format the rest of the card for PC-usage. This also allowes you to use APT. This only works with cards

of 256Mb and larger. The card is roughly divided in half.

Later,

Sijmen.

Edited by mr-atari
  • Like 1

I'm not in a hurry, but it would be nice to see a list of orders and progress. I liked how Candle maintained a list of who ordered, who paid, who provided a shipping address, and who had their unit(s) shipped. That was fantastic, and would be very nice here. Once again, I am not impatient and not in a hurry, I understand and tolerate delays, but it is nice to keep informed.

• Like 2

I checked Google Wallet or whatever they call it now a couple of days ago and it says not sent.

Extended delays are fair enough but only if that information was conveyed in the first place, communication is kept up, and the person doesn't go starting new preorder requests before the first lot is anywhere near complete.

• Like 2

Zaxon seems to have overwhelming que of todo works. He has been marketing his stuff on various forums, and on some forums his deals are already on investigation. As usual items not shipped, no chance for refund. Does not answer emails,pm's and avoids forums where people are asking about shipping. Seems to be active on atari.pl, but language barrier is way too high for me.

Edited by Teemu Pohjanlehto
  • Like 1

Jay,

I had a idea of sharing my work with others, so more atari stuff would be made for average users

i'm just one man, and can't do everything by myself - for example - ultimate took me 2 years to get from the idea to the final product and ship that product out

after preorder thread it took 9 months to get it delivered - i can call it my baby i suppose ;) born in a sweat and pain in moments ;)

if that would be with everything you would have maybe one project per year from my side - thus i offered that i would do the hardware if someone could take it off my hands and do the assembly and pay for any prototype that would be required

zaxon agreed, and so i did hardware

all of the sudden - project was shelved for about a year

when it was ressurected and i finally received a prototype to work with i've completed it (wrote HDL code) in a week or two

after that i've started to toy with idea of fat32 loader - i've already had my experience on sic! cartridge, and usable xex loader from pr0be, so i had to write some FAT handler, because i found it ridicious, that we have all these hard disk interfaces, and yet we have to resort to SIO to get any data on them

after checking specs for FAT16, i've decided it will not be that hard to implement FAT32 - after few days i had basics working

there many projects in various stages of completion in my desk and even more in my head, but everything costs - and having a familly to support is not making things easier

having said that - it is about me getting to prototypes, and then someone taking of with production rather than me sitting down from first line in schematics caputre, to the last component soldered and having controll on whole process

i belive i'm a creative type, and if i decide to manufacture something, its because money that i'll earn in that way will both help my familly and - whats more important - help me with other projects that wouldn't go into prototyping stage otherwise, just because i couldn't afford them

Sebastian