IGNORED

SIDE next HDD for Atari 8 bit preorder

zaxon

New software coming soon:

post-21964-0-52983100-1341345365_thumb.png

This is the program you use to mount ATR disk images (which are situated in the FAT32 partition). I decided to give MATR the same interface as FDISK. Both now work with any DOS for those interfaces which work outside of SDX. Candle's writing his own ATR browser for Ultimate/SIDE; mine's intended for command line operation, or of course use with the SIDE SDX soft-drivers. Finishing this in between working on Ultimate PBI and GUI, so hopping from one project to another. :)

• Like 4

Jon - Is MATR completely menu driven or is there command line too? I'd love to be able to do something like MATR /M /images/myatr.atr D2: from the Sparta command line. Guess that doesn't translate well to non CLI DOSes though ...

Jon - Is MATR completely menu driven or is there command line too? I'd love to be able to do something like MATR /M /images/myatr.atr D2: from the Sparta command line. Guess that doesn't translate well to non CLI DOSes though ...

At the moment it's menu driven; my thinking being that the FAT32 filenames might be of an unmanageable length on the command line. I can sure add command line functionality later on, though; after all, that's how the APT MOUNT utility works. It's just a question of churning out the code, which all takes time. ;)

No worries, I'm looking forward to using it as is. I'm just a die hard CLI geek :)

Yeah - I can see the usefulness of this. You might want to mount a set of ATRs using a batch file at startup, too. What I eventually want to do is amalgamate dynamic partition mounting and ATR mounting into the same program, so you could do either from the command line, or let the UI come up and toggle between listing ATRs and named APT partitions.

People still use those (non-CLI) in 2012? What's this world coming to? LOL

At the moment it's menu driven; my thinking being that the FAT32 filenames might be of an unmanageable length on the command line. I can sure add command line functionality later on, though; after all, that's how the APT MOUNT utility works. It's just a question of churning out the code, which all takes time. ;)

Maybe you could use parts of S2S code? It's a SDX tool which allows to view/change/remove SIO2SD mountings from command line and also supports FAT32 filenames.

Maybe you could use parts of S2S code? It's a SDX tool which allows to view/change/remove SIO2SD mountings from command line and also supports FAT32 filenames.

Yeah - I've used that tool. It shouldn't be hard to adapt the existing FAT32 I wrote to provide a GETFIRST/GETNEXT routine for the FAT system, though. We can then parse a complete path by successively searching for folder names. Folders are dead easy to handle using the menu based approach, of course: you just read the directory pointed to by the cluster number of the selected folder.

Doesn't SIO2SD return FAT32 file entries via SIO calls, though? We have to do the whole thing in software since the driver only handles the mapping of sector reads/writes onto the ATR file once you pass it a cluster number.

Edited by flashjazzcat

Updated List:

If I have missed someone receiving their order please let me know.

gallery_16380_756_112501.jpg

I would like to know the status on my Order I'm not on this list and the order date is 23 Sep 2011 with Order # 600541881020583

I'm going to wait as the rest of these guys did but please let me know what my status is. I've sent google messages and no response except has not shipped as yet. but as this list explains you have

shipped orders that were ordered after mine... When can I expect to see my order? I checked my credit card and the funds were deducted from the card.

Please add me to your list with a ship date.

Thanks

Cobraip

Updated List:

If I have missed someone receiving their order please let me know.

gallery_16380_756_112501.jpg

I would like to know the status on my Order I'm not on this list and the order date is 23 Sep 2011 with Order # 600541881020583

I'm going to wait as the rest of these guys did but please let me know what my status is. I've sent google messages and no response except has not shipped as yet. but as this list explains you have

shipped orders that were ordered after mine... When can I expect to see my order? I checked my credit card and the funds were deducted from the card.

Please add me to your list with a ship date.

Thanks

Cobraip

Read post #661 from February, information on how to contact Zaxon via email is in it.

I'm still amazed we have people coming out of the wood work questioning this damn "list" and just now wondering where in the hell their SIDEs are. As to the "list", I'm on holiday and do not have the table to update, but will do so when I get back. Reminder, this is our "list" not Zaxon's so its accuracy is what we claim the facts to be, and from what I see Zaxon is not using it to ship orders. If you have your Google payment information I would suggest sending that to Zaxon via PM and request an update on your SIDE. I will be glad to add anyone who wishes to be placed on our "list" for purposes of our tracking, not Zaxon's.

Good day,

Mike

Mike,

That was my intent just to get my name on anyones list as everytime I sent Zaxon an email I got nothing back. I just sent another with the new email listing that I didn't know about and hope he answers. Please add me to the list as I ordered 23 Sep 2011 and have not received any reply except that it has not been shipped.

Thanks,

Dave

Cobraip

Dave, we all feel your pain here and I will add you to the list. Most of us have received what we have purchased here based upon us tracking via the "list". I'm not the master mind behind the list, which by the way was a great idea, but just a volunteer to help everyone see the magnitude of the situation. Zaxon is a good guy who has a talent and enthusiasm for electronics, but does not have strong business skills (i.e. communication). Zaxon is currently getting SIDEs to everyone who is on our list (based upon reported SIDEs received by those on the list), hopefully he will validate your order and send your SIDE soon.

Mike

Updated List. I can assume that those who received tracking numbers received their SIDEs, but have not reported receiving them here, so on my next update they will be upgraded to "Received" just to keep things moving along.

Thanks,

Mike

gallery_16380_756_58499.jpg

Hey Carl_R, I don't want to come off as being optimistic but you are really pushing it if you think your going to get one in 2 weeks when the rest of us have waited almost a year and some longer than that. I know Zaxon is trying hard now to fill orders but that is a little too much to ask for him to fill one in a week unless you live in the UK.