Today i post SIDE to:

BillC,

Big Ben x2

Stephen

wood_ji x2

fres

Rdea6

Bobsmith

Tracking numbers i send on pw or email. Rest i post tommorow morning.

I know you didn't like my comments on this thread but I am glad to see you're back on track and shipping those orders. Good work, I guess credit must be given when it's due, just like critisizm... Keep up the good work....

Well, easy to apply pressure when you do not know the whole situation. Unfortunately the world is not black and white or 0-1 logic. I do not wish anyone what is happening with me for the last eight months. Anyway, never mind. Parcels sent. There are a few, for people not on the list but will send them to the end of the week.

In boxes is small bonus, extra buttons:

cea44a4b658516b7med.jpg

Well, easy to apply pressure when you do not know the whole situation.

True, but Zaxon, sometimes pressure is what we all need. We tend to take certain things for granted and tend to procastinate. In any case, it's nice to see you back, notice how you no longer get negative comments, a little effort and communication goes a long way...

Well, easy to apply pressure when you do not know the whole situation. Unfortunately the world is not black and white or 0-1 logic. I do not wish anyone what is happening with me for the last eight months. Anyway, never mind. Parcels sent. There are a few, for people not on the list but will send them to the end of the week.

In boxes is small bonus, extra buttons:

Hopefully this next year will be much better for you.

• Like 1

To coincide (more or less) with this upsurgence in hardware production, there'll be new SIDE soft-drivers (for SDX), which will come in a few flavours:

• Standard SIDE driver: full APT command set, runs best on a machine with extended memory
  • SIDE "Lite": No provision for dynamic partition mounting (which I don't really think anyone ever used anyway), and should give a reasonable MEMLO on a 64KB Atari
  • SIDE "Pro": full APT command set, and support for mounting ATR disk images in the FAT32 partition of the CF card. Requires extended memory.

This is AS WELL AS the powerful Ultimate 1MB / SIDE combination, which has all the features of the "pro" set-up, but in a fully PBI compliant, bootable interface and operating with any DOS and any memory configuration.

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 4

To coincide (more or less) with this upsurgence in hardware production, there'll be new SIDE soft-drivers (for SDX), which will come in a few flavours:

• Standard SIDE driver: full APT command set, runs best on a machine with extended memory
  • SIDE "Lite": No provision for dynamic partition mounting (which I don't really think anyone ever used anyway), and should give a reasonable MEMLO on a 64KB Atari
  • SIDE "Pro": full APT command set, and support for mounting ATR disk images in the FAT32 partition of the CF card. Requires extended memory.

This is AS WELL AS the powerful Ultimate 1MB / SIDE combination, which has all the features of the "pro" set-up, but in a fully PBI compliant, bootable interface and operating with any DOS and any memory configuration.

Anyone gonna put a manual together for the different features for this driver? (as well as one for the combo u1M and SIDE)

Anyone gonna put a manual together for the different features for this driver? (as well as one for the combo u1M and SIDE)

Yeah... I believe an AA member called "muggins" will end up doing it. :)

"SIDELite" driver (see what I did there) now gives a MEMLO of $1B0E on 64KB machine with "USE OSRAM / DEVICE SPARTA OSRAM" and no ATARIDOS.SYS driver.

• Like 2

Will this work with the myide interfaces too? I am asking this since there are SIDE fat32 loaders for this hardware.

Will this work with the myide interfaces too? I am asking this since there are SIDE fat32 loaders for this hardware.

Yeah, I can knock drivers up for MyIDE while I'm about it. Might as well get the whole lot done at once. I'm trying to converge APT drivers for:

IDEa

SIDE

Ultimate 1MB

Incognito

MyIDE

As far as possible, all the proper PBI drivers (IDEa, Ultimate and Incognito) share a common code base, as do the three variations on the soft-driver for SIDE. By changing the hardware registers and removing the drive reset code we can bring the MyIDE drivers up to date too. The same APT software (FDISK, etc) works with all the drivers and all the hardware (and with the unreleased APT BIOS for IDE Plus).

It occurs to me that the MyIDE interfaces could be made "PBI" by simply altering the hardware registers in the Ultimate 1MB PBI BIOS. Quite a hardware base there.

I should be able to put together a version of FDISK which doesn't require SDX as well.

• Like 3

@flashjazzcat

Which reminds me... did you fix your MyIDE interface at last? The fix with the LS573 works really awesome here. At this moment my MyIDE interfaces are my most used, and most favorite harddisk interfaces. I even prefer them above my blackboxes.

So if all this great great things will be working on MyIDE too... woooooow!