IGNORED

Differences in DK ROMs?

LynxVGL

So is the 16K version a later bug fixed version of the original 24K version? That's what it looks like to me. Sounds like they fixed a few bugs and optimized the code a bit, but in doing so they changed the behavior of the 'jumping bug'. I'm guessing they didn't know about that bug or they would have completely removed it.

• 3 months later...

I checked the Set-up manual and it says the 3-to-2 plug adapter not included in Canada.

Here's a picture of the silicone impregnated cloth. The instructions say see fig 11 page 11 of the Operating Tips brochure.

I've also got a packet with "Accoustic Isolation Feet" for the printer. Coleco guide No 17319. Has anyone else heard of these?

post-13580-0-98515000-1309232400_thumb.jpgpost-13580-0-61461900-1309232550_thumb.jpg

My ADAM came with both (cloth and feet) which are still sealed like yours. It was bought several years back in "as new" condition, still had all three data packs sealed as well as the "test print" page from Coleco for the printer.

• 4 months later...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/188222-cv-donkey-kong-instruction-manual-versions/

Refer to this link to see what instruction manual applies to which ROM version. However, as there are three known versions of the printed instructions, two will overlap the same ROM dump version. The first is #78214 which ran between 8/82 and 10/82; the next is #78214A which ran between 11/82 and 1/83, and the last version is #78214B which ran from 2/83 until ColecoVision production ended.

The final version of the instruction book seems to correspond to the 16K ROM dump version as it lists the bonus timer having 99000 bonus points maximum, so I'm guessing the 16K ROM version was released around 2/83. The label change to "FOR COLECOVISION & ADAM" would have occurred around 11/83, which was when the Adam computer system was supposed to have been released.

~Ben

• 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...

I have been playing both versions of this game for about a week now, I have 5 copies of each and have tested this on all 5. One thing I noticed on the 24k version, is once you get the 4th fireball on the rivet stage Mario gets slower but only for this stage. He moves up and down the ladders like a turtle. But once you clear the stage and continue to the next level he is back to normal.