IGNORED

Romox Assembler Cartridge

qix_maniac

I acquired some cartridges I've never seen before and wonder if anyone has seen them.

I have a Romox white assembler cartridge, not sure if this is a homebrew or an actual release cartridge. any idea? I also came across 3 sealed romox cartridges new in a thin plastic display case

ouch! threw them away!!!!

I also read a thread that said romox cartridges could on be programmed by a romox machine in the store.? not sure if you could program them yourself at home? I believe you needed to buy it and have it setup in the store where you would pick the game or software but can't say 100%

here are 2 pictures, front and back. White Romox cart has assembler editor and black Romox cartridge has Smart Terminal MPP 4.0 which is different then ver 4.1 and 5.0 in non-romox cart

gallery_25687_6_363447.jpg

gallery_25687_6_1189984.jpg

Edited by qix_maniac

Wow!

I have white Romox Assembler Editor cartridge too! I believed that this is a homebrew or something similar...

I have the new ECPC (reprogrammable) Romox cartride too. See picture please. You need a special programer to use it. See: http://www.timmcguinness.us/1982-1985/romox_esd/romox_esd.htm

Thanks Nosty! for the picture...it was nice to see what the full label looks like on my assembler romox! I would make a dump for you Rybags if I knew how :-)

I also thave 3 of those ECPC programmable carts boxes just like that!!! was just told they are pretty rare and can fetch upwards of $100 each...will hold onto them for now but might be tempted to trade for the right cart

• 1 month later...